Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bash script to check if mounted, and mount if not Post 302293710 by graysky on Tuesday 3rd of March 2009 04:44:50 PM
Old 03-03-2009
I figured I could just have it run 'mount | grep 192.168' and then check to see if that is present. I don't know how to pipe the output of that into a variable though.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how to assign same mount point for file systems mounted on physical disks

We have 6 hard disks attached to the hardware. Of this 2 hard disks are of 9 GB each. Now I want combine both the same in such a way that i see a combined entry in the output of df -k . The steps I follow are 1. Create partition on hard disks (Using format partition) 2. Run newfs -v for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
6 Replies

2. SCO

/ partition is mounted but not present in mount

Hello , I 've got a problem with the root partition on my SCO 5.0.5 . When I check the disk with df or mount , I can 't see the root filesystem . # mount /stand on /dev/boot read only on Tue Sep 05 16:13:51 2006 /home on /dev/home read/write on Tue Sep 05 16:14:41 2006 But , if I try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npn35
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Remote mount an already mounted nfs filesystem

Hello all, We're using JET to build our systems.. I'm in the process of needing to build a centrally located JET box with access to all our networks rather that 2 or 3 dotted around. Part of the means I need to locate the boot & OS images on an NFS mount (via NETAPP filer).. However in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsupplies
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount points are already mounted

Hi, I have some issue with the mounting/unmounting on my sun solaris box. Actually their is one script that mount the file system take the backup of databases and unmount the file system.Last week this script failed to mount the file system with the below error message: + echo fs_check.sh:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: biju.mp
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to get all mounted devices

Hi, to all I'm writing script with zenity to benchmark selected disk with tools like; hdparm, seeker (to found in here > How fast is your disk? | LinuxInsight) With this piece of code i try to get all mounted devices to variables to use it with selection menu, but i stuck and don't know how... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: m0z4rt
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for Server Mount Point space check

Does anybody have anything I can use to help me out with this one? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbone007
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if a partition is mounted or not with bash?

How to check if a partition is mounted or not with bash? And when is $? variable one? Please give example. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script problem to mount

#!/bin/bash userid=$(id -u) options="rw,exec,users,uid="${userid}",gid="${userid}"" while ;do echo -n "Enter device you want to mount (Example: /dev/sda11): " read device echo "Selected device: ${device}" if ;then echo -n "Enter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
3 Replies

9. Solaris

In Solaries 10 how to mount multiple volume on same mounted point

Hi , I am completely stuck and not getting any clue to come out this . So looking for help Q : I have salaries 10 in server with that Dell Equallogic storage connected. in dell Equlalogic in i have 70 TB storage . I created 7 volumes 10 TB each . In Solaries 10 i have syslog server i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roahn Tiwari
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check if file systems are mounted

Hi I have the following piece of code, running on a solaris 10 O.S., that is not working for NFS file systems: for vol in `grep -E 'vxfs|ufs|nfs' /etc/vfstab | egrep -v '^#' | awk '{ print $3 }'` do if df -k $vol | grep $vol > /dev/null then outputOK "Filesystem: $vol mounted" else... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. mount.nfs4 is used for mounting NFSv4 file system, while mount.nfs is used to mount NFS file systems versions 3 or 2. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)