Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX 6.1 and NFS problem after HACMP config Post 302293650 by filosophizer on Tuesday 3rd of March 2009 02:37:28 PM
Old 03-03-2009
it did solve the problem partially when I tried the suggested solution , now I can see all exported file system after restarting NFS.
But still NFS server is not responding while mounting ( exported file sys) on other node).

The strange thing I found that exported directory can be mounted on a node which is outside cluster but , between cluster node no mounting possible.
Please suggest.

On SERVER 1 : pr1serv

# hostname
pr1serv
# showmount -e pr2serv
export list for pr2serv:
/oracle pr1serv,px1serv
/oracle/PR0 pr1serv,px1serv
/oracle/PB0 pr1serv,px1serv
/oracle/PX0 pr1serv,px1serv
/oracle/PX0/102_64 pr1serv,px1serv
/oracle/PB0/102_64 pr1serv,px1serv
/oracle/PR0/102_64 pr1serv,px1serv
/sapbackup dr2serv
# showmount -e pr1serv
export list for pr1serv:
/usr/sap/PR0 pr2serv
/usr/sap/trans_PR0 pr2serv
/sapmnt/PR0 pr2serv,px1serv
# mount pr2serv^C
# ls -ltr oracle
total 24
drwxr-xr-x 2 root system 256 Jan 06 18:43 stage
drwxr-xr-x 14 root system 4096 Jan 06 18:43 PR0
drwxrwxrwx 3 root system 256 Jan 28 09:38 client
drwxr-xr-x 14 root system 4096 Feb 02 12:10 PB0
drwxr-xr-x 14 root system 4096 Feb 02 12:14 PX0
# mount pr2serv:/oracle /oracle
NFS server pr2serv not responding still trying

ON SERVER 2 : pr2serv
# showmount -e pr2serv
export list for pr2serv:
/oracle pr1serv,px1serv
/sapbackup dr2serv
# showmount -e pr1serv
export list for pr1serv:
/usr/sap/PR0 pr2serv
# hostname
pr2serv
# showmount -e px1serv
export list for px1serv:
/sapmnt/PB0 pr2serv,pr1serv
/sapmnt/PX0 pr2serv,pr1serv
/usr/sap/trans_PB0 pr1serv,pr2serv
/usr/sap/trans_PX0 pr1serv,pr2serv
/usr/sap/data pr1serv,pr2serv

# showmount -e pr2serv
export list for pr2serv:
/oracle pr1serv,px1serv
/sapbackup dr2serv
# showmount -e pr1serv
export list for pr1serv:
/usr/sap/PR0 pr2serv
# showmount -e px1serv
export list for px1serv:
/sapmnt/PB0 pr2serv,pr1serv
/sapmnt/PX0 pr2serv,pr1serv
/usr/sap/trans_PB0 pr1serv,pr2serv
/usr/sap/trans_PX0 pr1serv,pr2serv
/usr/sap/data pr1serv,pr2serv
# hostname
px1serv
#

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Using AIX HACMP and NFS together

Hi, need advice on this. Is it possible to assign a mountpoint from a SAN storage to server1 & server2. Use NFS to the same mountpoint from server2 so that concurrent access is allowed. Can this setup be used together with HACMP? If server1 crash, the mountpoint resource will swing to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chongkls77
8 Replies

2. AIX

AIX - boot - nfs problem

Hello Experts, I'm trying to boot my AIX server via network using another AIX as a boot server. I use tcpdump to monitor the process. After my boot client received .info file and mounted nfs resource (checked by 'showmount -a' from boot server) it hung. I noticed a lot of following entries: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jarekkk
0 Replies

3. AIX

NFS won't work till I start HACMP

Hi, My NFS does not work till I start HACMP. The NFS service is indeed started when server starts. But it is not in active state, when I use lssrc to check NFS services' status I find they are all in inoperative status. But after I start HACMP (smitty clstart), all NFS services become active... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
4 Replies

4. AIX

Problem with NFS mount and network configuration between AIX and Windows 2003 servers

I ‘m beginner on unix I want to move an unix aix post 5.2 on distant site for use catia V4 with a foundation of data accommodated by a serveur windows 2003 and an environment accommodated on the serveur aix. The computer was linked up by IP (122.0.0.8) with waiter 2003 (via NFS) and the waiter... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: astiaous
8 Replies

5. AIX

AIX HACMP Active/Passive Config

I have a HACMP 6.1 configured in a active/passive. I have 1 NIC with 3 IP address on (Boot, Persistent and Service ) . All address are routable. One of the application on the HA cluster is also using Boot Ip to send application data. Question : Since all the traffic is passing thru the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
3 Replies

6. AIX

HACMP, NFS cross-mount problem. Can not move resource group

Hi, I'm new to HACMP. Currently I setup a cluster with nfs cross-mount follow this guide: kristijan.org NFS cross-mounts in PowerHA/HACMPMy cluster has two nodes: erp01 and erp02. I'm using nfs4 with filesystem for nfs is: /sapnfs Cluster start without problems. But I cannnot move RG (with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giobuon
3 Replies

7. AIX

Hacmp for aix 5.3

Hi where from i can get hacmp for studying pupose (trial ). I have AIX 5.3 TL 7 i googled. i didnt get any link. Please suggest. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
1 Replies

8. AIX

HACMP and NFS client

Hi all, I know there are topics regarding this but didn't found the answer. I have two node HACMP cluster and the application that runs there relies on some NFS mount. The NFS server is some 3rd box that have nothing to do with the cluster. How can I mount the NFS shares only on the active... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: emoubi
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Apache virtual host config vs global config problem

Hi folks, I am trying to configure Apache webserver and also a virtual host inside this webserver. For Global server config: /var/www/html/index.html For virtual host config: /var/www/virtual/index.html Both client10 & www10 are pointing to 192.168.122.10 IP address. BUT, MY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
1 Replies

10. AIX

AIX NFS Server and NFS Client

Hi 2 ALL, try to run NFS Server in AIX 7.1 : 1. Step by step on NFS Server node mkdir /tmp/test chgrp staff /tmp/test chmod 775 /tmp/test-- create export directory (fs) mknfsexp -d /tmp/test -t ro exportfs -va show mount -e :/# exportfs -av exports: 1831-187 re-exported /tmp/test... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
4 Replies
mountdtab(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      mountdtab(4)

NAME
mountdtab - Table of local file systems mounted by remote NFS clients SYNOPSIS
/etc/mountdtab DESCRIPTION
The mountdtab file resides in the /etc directory and contains a list of all remote hosts that have mounted local file systems using the NFS protocols. Whenever a client performs a remote mount, the server machine's mount daemon makes an entry in the server machine's mountdtab file. The umount command instructs the server's mount daemon to remove the entry. The umount -b command broadcasts to all servers and informs them that they should remove all entries from mountdtab created by the sender of the broadcast message. By placing an umount -b command in a system startup file, mountdtab tables on NFS servers can be purged of entries made by a crashed client, who, upon rebooting, did not remount the same file systems that it had before the system crashed. Tru64 UNIX systems automatically call umount -b at system startup The format for entries in the mountdtab file is as follows: hostname:directory Rather than rewrite the mountdtab file on each umount request, the mount daemon comments out unmounted entries by placing a number sign (#) in the first character position of the appropriate line. The mount daemon rewrites the entire file, without commented out entries, no more frequently than every 30 minutes. The frequency depends on the occurrence of umount requests. The mountdtab table is used only to preserve information between crashes and is read only by the mountd daemon when it starts up. The mountd daemon keeps an in-core table, which it uses to handle requests from programs like showmount and shutdown. RESTRICTIONS
Although the mountdtab table is close to the truth, it may contain erroneous information if NFS client machines fail to execute a umount -a command when they reboot. RELATED INFORMATION
mount(8), umount(8), mountd(8), showmount(8), shutdown(8) delim off mountdtab(4)