Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Installing the correct version of RHEL 5 Advanced Platform. Post 302293530 by Zepiroth on Tuesday 3rd of March 2009 08:24:13 AM
Old 03-03-2009
Question Installing the correct version of RHEL 5 Advanced Platform.

Dear Linux Gurus and RedHat Experts,

I am about to install RHEL 5 Advanced Platform x86-64 on a high end machine with 4 sockets of CPU. However, I only have the subscription number from RedHat and can log on into rhn.redhat.com. However there are only one version ISO image per CPU (i386-32,x86-64,powerpc,etc).

questions :
1) How to verify that the version is really "RHEL 5 Advanced Platform" ?

I have read this thread, meaning that this issue has not been solved yet :
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...-rel-5-666143/

2) After installing the DVD, is it required to connect to redhat network to update the kernel support up to 4 sockets ?

Any URLS or explanation would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

When Unix will have a singe version, platform independent OS

I wonder when UNIX will be a OS, will have a single version. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhishek0216
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Problems installing OpenSolaris on _X86 platform

Hey Guys. I am trying to install OpenSolaris 5.11 on _X86 platform in a BladeCenter H chasis of IBM. Afetr Booting with the CDROM the install process send a PROBES FOR DEVICES NODES messages and goes to the follow state..... Please see the attach. If someone have installed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Clustering Red Hat Enterprise linux Advanced Platform 5.2 (x86-64 bit)

Hello Professionals, We have high-end HP rack servers. We need to provide application fail-over for business continuity. We have done benchmarking of the application on RHEL 5.2 on HP servers to estimate the hardware requirement so as to meet next 3-5 years business growth. Presently we... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kgayyar
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Install RHEL 5 in Sun platform ?

Dear Friends , Is it possible to install Redhat Linux Ent 5 (or other Linux distro) in sun solaris spark v220 ? If it is possible then plz help me to give any documentation . Thx in advance ... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

RHEL 5 basic vs advanced

Hello there to the community Question 1 : how can you tell if the RHEL 5 version you have is BASIC or ADVANCED. ? Question 2 : except for virtualization limits on BASIC RHEL which is 2 physical CPUs and 4 virtual guest (redhat virtualization , not VMWARE) and Advanced allows unlimited CPU and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplinux
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an advanced version of this script

Hi there, i am completely new to this great forum and to linux. Since 3 days i work with Ubuntu Lucid Lynx and i love the powers of the shell. This script helped me a lot to understand the process a little bit. Now my problem. I have this data set, tab delimited: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shasha7
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Advanced Search * View * Edit JAVA version to WORK in GLASSFISH Forum topic JAVA version

Would like to confirm the ff. I got confused actually with the version I needed to download that will work on glassfish 3.0.1 a. Debian Squeeze (HP DL360). Need to use java version6 On Debian, I did apt-get install sun-java6-jdk. So when I check it's java version "1.6.0_22" Java(TM) SE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies
isainfo(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        isainfo(1)

NAME
isainfo - describe instruction set architectures SYNOPSIS
isainfo [ [-v] [-b | -n | -k] | [-x]] DESCRIPTION
The isainfo utility is used to identify various attributes of the instruction set architectures supported on the currently running system. Among the questions it can answer are whether 64-bit applications are supported, or whether the running kernel uses 32-bit or 64-bit device drivers. When invoked with no options, isainfo prints the name(s) of the native instruction sets for applications supported by the current version of the operating system. These are a subset of the list returned by isalist(1). The subset corresponds to the basic applications environ- ments supported by the currently running system. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -b Prints the number of bits in the address space of the native instruction set. -k Prints the name of the instruction set(s) used by the operating system kernel components such as device drivers and STREAMS mod- ules. -n Prints the name of the native instruction set used by portable applications supported by the current version of the operating sys- tem. -v When used with the- b, -k or -n options, prints more detailed information. -x Prints instruction extensions to the native ABI which are supported by the platform. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Invoking isainfo on a 32-bit x86 Platform The following example invokes isainfo on a 32-bit x86 platform: example% isainfo -v 32-bit i386 applications example% isainfo -k i386 Example 2: Invoking isainfo on a System Running the 64-bit Operating System on a 64-bit SPARC Processor The following example invokes isainfo on a system running the 64-bit operating system on a 64-bit SPARC processor: example% isainfo sparcv9 sparc example% isainfo -n sparcv9 example% isainfo -v 64-bit sparcv9 applications 32-bit sparc applications example% isainfo -vk 64-bit sparcv9 kernel modules Example 3: Invoking isainfo -x on an AMD Opteron CPU The following example invokes isainfo with the -x option on an AMD Opteron CPU: example% isainfo -x i386: fpu tsc cx8 sep cmov mmx ammx a3dnow a3dnowx fxsr sse sse2 pause EXIT STATUS
Non-zero Options are not specified correctly, or the command is unable to recognize attributes of the system on which it is running. An error message is printed to stderr. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
isalist(1), uname(1), psrinfo(1M), sysinfo(2), attributes(5), isalist(5) SunOS 5.10 20 Jul 2004 isainfo(1)