Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: backupios
Operating Systems AIX backupios Post 302291454 by youss5993 on Wednesday 25th of February 2009 04:25:40 PM
Old 02-25-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilraj
what is it that you dont want to backup from a VIO server's rootvg ?
Yes i want to backup rootvg, but i think it's not possible to exclude file with this command.Smilie

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Backupios Failing

Hi Team, Please help me to resolve the below backup (backupios) issue on my VIO. My VIO is a SAN booted from EMC and powerpath has been installed on this. We already run pprootdev fix and linked the /dev/ipldevice to rootvg hdisk. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nazar_KA
2 Replies

2. AIX

VIOS backupios -mksysb - does it need to be served by a NIM server ?

working through VIOS backup options. Generally, we store mksysb's on a server and then NFS mount them from it to copy to a VIO optical library, etc. In the case of a VIO backup, I see the -mksysb option to backupios and understand that it doesn't include the NIM resources in the backup. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maraixadm
3 Replies
BACKUP_QUIT(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    BACKUP_QUIT(8)

NAME
backup_quit - Leaves interactive mode SYNOPSIS
quit [-help] q [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup quit command exits interactive mode, returning the issuer to the regular shell prompt at which the backup or backup interactive command was issued to enter interactive mode. The command has no effect when issued outside interactive mode. Issuing the Ctrl-D command also exits interactive mode. CAUTIONS
To exit interactive mode, all jobs must be completed. Use the backup jobs command to list any jobs currently pending or executing, and the backup kill command to terminate them as necessary. OPTIONS
-help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command exits interactive mode: backup> quit % PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_interactive(8), backup_jobs(8), backup_kill(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_QUIT(8)