Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: doubt reg syslogd daemon
Operating Systems Solaris doubt reg syslogd daemon Post 302290837 by rogerben on Tuesday 24th of February 2009 06:35:41 AM
Old 02-24-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarmani
Syslogd is a demon which is responsible for system log. The configurations file for this demon is /etc/syslog.conf

If you are in solaris 10 then the smf for this service is svc:/system/system-log:default. Which you can start and stop with svcadm command.
Thanks a lot for ur reply. am in solaris 10 only. can you send me the full command to start and stop the daemon. is it possib to stop from remote host>?
rogerben

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

syslog.conf file and syslogd daemon

Hello, I need a few information/explanation about system messages, syslog.conf file and syslogd daemon. My problem is the following: I would like to log all system messages related to hardware problems into a particular file. For that, i have to add an entry in the syslog.conf file. I know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VeroL
1 Replies

2. Solaris

doubt reg gzip,gunzip

Hi, Can anyone let me explain the difference between tar , uncompress,gzip and gunzip commands. both gzip and gunzip are same i think correct me if am wrong. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

3. Solaris

doubt reg crontab

Hi, I have a doubt reg crontab entries. If the user name is there in /etc/cron.d/cron.allow and also in cron.deny file will he able to execute. if the user is not in both the file means wt will do? (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. Solaris

doubt reg prstat command

Hi, Can anyone explain me what is RSS time in the prstat output. In the below example 93M is total process size(correct me if am wrong ) what abt 58M? 1693 root 93M 58M cpu1 0 10 4:11:02 0.8% java/35 (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. Solaris

doubt reg Minfree.

Hi When setting minfree to a certain percentage using the tunefs command, does this actually prevent users from accesing the partition when the limit is reached or not?.. It is a separate file system or not More clarification regarding minfree will be useful for me . (6 Replies)
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

doubt reg SCP

Hi , I have a doubt reg SCP . For eg.. FileA is in host1 .Is it possible to receive fileA by logging to host2 using SCP.. Please let me know what is the major difference between scp and sftp.. We can use both for file transfer(correct me if am wrong) (4 Replies)
4 Replies

7. Solaris

doubt reg Netprobe

Can anyone explains me what is the basic functionality of Netprobe service. How to find the netprobe status whether it is running or stopped.. Only start|stop|restart option is there. (5 Replies)
5 Replies

8. Solaris

doubt reg mailx command

Hi, Am trying to send mail from solaris host to my mailbox, but while executing mailx command am getting the follow error.Is this syntax corect? #mailx -s "subject" <myid> The flags you gave are used only when sending mail. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. Solaris

doubt reg EEPROM

Hi , Am new to solaris can anyone tell me what is the use of setting the eeprom variable to true or false ... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

10. Solaris

doubt reg Hardware watchdog enabled

Hi, Please let me know what is hardware watchdog enabled which we get when the solaris host is booting .As per my knowledge its the one states that the POST is enabled. correct me if am wrong. (1 Reply)
1 Replies
sndrsyncd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     sndrsyncd(1M)

NAME
sndrsyncd - Availability Suite Remote Mirror update resynchronization daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/sndrsyncd DESCRIPTION
The sndrsyncd daemon automates update resynchronization after a network or machine failure and invokes Point-in-Time Copy copies when needed to protect the data volumes being updated during a resynchronization. The daemon is notified by the kernel when a network link being used by Remote Mirror goes down and invokes the sndradm(1M) command with the -u option to resynchronize all Remote Mirror sets which have autosync switched on and are using the network link. See sndradm(1M) for details on how to configure autosync for a Remote Mirror set. The daemon is also notified when any Remote Mirror resynchronization starts or completes. The daemon takes Point-in-Time Copy snapshots, if configured in the Availability Suite configuration file. On a secondary server, the daemon checks if a file system is currently mounted on the secondary volume and informs the kernel not to allow the synchronization to start if the file system is currently mounted. EXIT STATUS
0 Daemon started successfully. >0 Daemon failed to start. FILES
/lib/svc/method/svc-rdcsyncd Shell script for starting sndrsyncd. /lib/svc/method/svc-rdc Shell script for stopping sndrsyncd. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrdcr, SUNWrdcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
iiadm(1M), sndradm(1M), sndrd(1M), svcadm(1M), ds.log(4), rdc.cf(4), attributes(5) NOTES
Do not manually stop the sndrsyncd deamon. If you need to manually stop sndrsyncd perform these steps. This stops both the sndrd and sndrsyncd daemons. # svcadm disable svc:/system/nws_rdc # svcadm disable svc:/system/nws_rdcsyncd Do not manually start or restart the sndrsyncd deamon. If you need to manually start sndrsyncd perform these steps. This starts both the sndrd and sndrsyncd daemons. # svcadm enable svc:/system/nws_rdc # svcadm enable svc:/system/nws_rdcsyncd See svcadm(1M) for additional information. SunOS 5.11 2 Oct 2007 sndrsyncd(1M)