Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problems with Internet setup
Special Forums IP Networking Problems with Internet setup Post 302290530 by Neo on Monday 23rd of February 2009 02:10:25 PM
Old 02-23-2009
You change them with the ifconfig command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setup internet connection

HI.. i was wondering if someone out there can help me setup my internet connection.... i have no clue how to set it up.. could you please tell me step by step how to set it up.. i have a static ip, im using a cable modem to connect. my os is solaris 8. Please email me at lil_souldier@hotmail.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with Apache setup

I downloaded Apache 1.3.27.tar.gz into my SCO u/install directory. However, to begin with, I couldn't untar the file using the " tar xvf apache-1.3.27.tar.gz" command, so I used winzip from a windows computer on our network. Winzip untarred the file and I transferred the files to the SCO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with Apache setup

I posted a problem with the forum on 11/18/02. Unfortunately, I have been out of town. Today is the first chance I've had to try the suggestions that were made. Here is the output from the ls -l configure* command: -rw-r--r-- 1root sys 58230 May 21 2002 configure When I type " sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Internet setup on solaris10

Hi all, Can anyone please tell me how to setup internet on solaris10, b72? I own an airtel broadband, with a beetel 220BXI modem. I am new to solaris so was wondering as to how it can be done? Thanks (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
23 Replies

5. Red Hat

problems with internet connectivity

I had a strange problem.Recently, I virtualized my RHEL 5 system by installing Fedora 8 as guest operating system. The installation went fine. But, after installation my internet connection stopped working. Any suggestions?. I was on TataIndicom wireless USB modem. I haven't had any problems with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaghelp323
3 Replies

6. Solaris

internet setup for solaris on x86 platform

Hi all, i have configured my solaris 5 .10 for internet connection by editing the files /etc/hosts/,/etc/resolve.config,/etc/defalutrouter and nsswitchconfig . during installation i was not requested for ip adddress even i plugged network cable. am i need to install any network card... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
2 Replies

7. SCO

problems with ftp without internet

Dear Friends, I have the following problem, when there is no internet does not work the ftp to the server, with the local network use a router for dhcp SCO OpenServer 6.0 terminals with windows 7 ftp client ftplite and also use ftp from ms-dos to do? regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Edgar Guevara
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 internet connection setup

I have a solaris 10 on my laptop. I want to let my internet work. Command: ifconfig -a Return: lo: ... e1000g0: ... I dont know what else to setup so when I open firefox, I have access to internet. Can anyone show me how to do the setting? Thanks a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dbahaha
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Internet setup on Solaris 10

Hi all, I have setup Solaris 10 OS on my home Sparc (Blade 1500) box. I also setup CDE (Common Desktop Environment). The box has Network card with 6 connections available for Internet, So I hooked up a hard-wired link from my router to the first slot. The light is green on both ends. Now, how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve701
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

What is command to setup sofware in redhat over internet

Hi all, I setup redhat in VMware and I connected to internet, so I want setup sofware for redhat over internet what is command I used ? Are you understand my question, my ability of english is not good, such as I want setup dhcp packet I must used a command ? (yum... or...apt-get...or rpm... ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilinux9
4 Replies
icmp(7) 						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						   icmp(7)

NAME
icmp - Internet Control Message Protocol SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/socket.h> #include <netinet/in.h> The following is the socket call for sockets using the IPv4 address format: s = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_RAW, IPPROTO_ICMP); The following is the socket call for sockets using the IPv6 address format: s = socket(AF_INET6, SOCK_RAW, IPPROTO_ICMPV6); DESCRIPTION
The Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) is the error and control message protocol used by the Internet Protocol (IP) and the Internet Protocol family. It may be accessed through a raw socket for network monitoring and diagnostic functions. ICMP sockets are connection- less, and are normally used with the sendto() and recvfrom() functions. The connect() function may also be used to fix the destination for future packets, in which case the read() or recv() and write() or send() functions may be used. Outgoing packets automatically have an IP header prepended to them (based on the destination address). Incoming packets are received with the IP header and options intact. ERRORS
If a socket operation fails, errno may be set to one of the following values: The socket is already connected. This error occurs when try- ing to establish connection on a socket or when trying to send a datagram with the destination address specified. The destination address of a datagram was not specified, and the socket has not been connected. The system ran out of memory for an internal data structure. An attempt was made to create a socket with a network address for which no network interface exists. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: send(2), recv(2) Files: netintro(7), inet(7), ip(7) RFC 792, "Internet Control Message Protocol" RFC 2463, "Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMPv6) for the Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6)" delim off icmp(7)