Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to get the latest ziped file and extract the files from it Post 302289948 by gurpartap on Friday 20th of February 2009 09:38:04 PM
Old 02-20-2009
Script to get the latest ziped file and extract the files from it

We have zipped files on windows ftp server and need shell script to get the LATEST Date zipped file from the windows ftp server and extract the files from that zipped file into the unix server folder. any help will be appericiated.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: How to get latest file from a list of files in a directory

Hi, I need to get the latest file from a list of files in a particular directory. Please could anyone help me out to get the file. Thank you, - Jay. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jayathirtha
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through files in dir, omit file with latest date

I want to loop through files in a directory but omit the file with the latest date in my list of files. How would I accomplish this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringzz
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to find latest date and time of the files

Hi everyone, Please help:) I have a list of 1000 different files which comes daily to the directory.Some of the files are not coming to the directory now. I need to write a shell script to find the latest date and time of the files they came to the directory. The files should be unique.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthicss
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me to read from both ziped and unziped files

I have zipped and unzipped files. I want to runa command that will read from all of the files (zipped and unzipped) at the same time without UNCOMPRESSING the original files because I dont have space to uncompress them. How do I do this?? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: onalethata
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a shell script to extract the files from source file and check whether those files existonserve

Hi, I am new to shell scripting.Please help me on this.I am using solaris 10 OS and shell i am using is # echo $0 -sh My requirement is i have source file say makefile.I need to extract files with extensions (.c |.cxx |.h |.hxx |.sc) from the makefile.after doing so i need to check whether... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
13 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting files based on timestamp and picking the latest file

Hi Friends, Newbie to shell scripting Currently i have used the below to sort data based on filenames and datestamp $ printf '%s\n' *.dat* | sort -t. -k3,4 filename_1.dat.20120430.Z filename_2.dat.20120430.Z filename_3.dat.20120430.Z filename_1.dat.20120501.Z filename_2.dat.20120501.Z... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertbrown624
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract latest file by looking at date time stamp from a directory?

hi, i have a Archive directory in which files are archived or stored with date and time stamp to prevent over writing. example: there are 5 files s1.txt s2.txt s3.txt s4.txt s5.txt while moving these files to archive directory, date and time stamp is added. of format `date... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have this list of files . Now I will have to pick the latest file based on some condition

3679 Jul 21 23:59 belk_rpo_error_**po9324892**_07212014.log 0 Jul 22 23:59 belk_rpo_error_**po9324892**_07222014.log 3679 Jul 23 23:59 belk_rpo_error_**po9324892**_07232014.log 22 Jul 22 06:30 belk_rpo_error_**po9324267**_07012014.log 0 Jul 20 05:50... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to attach latest files of directories in a mail.

Hello Folks, I am looking for the script which will go to directory and check for the latest 5 files and send a mail to attaches these files to user. Kindly guide. Regards (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help with UNIX command to get the latest file from list of files with timestamp

Hi All, I have list of files like below with name abcxyz.timestamp. I need a unix command to pick the latest file from the list of below files. Here in this case the lates file is abcxyz.20190304103200. I have used this unix command "ls abcxyz*|tail -1" but i heard that it is not the appropriate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshp
2 Replies
MOUNT_FTP(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      MOUNT_FTP(8)

NAME
mount_ftp -- mount a FTP filesystem SYNOPSIS
mount_ftp [-i] [-o options] ftp://host[:port][/path] node DESCRIPTION
The mount_ftp command mounts a FTP-enabled server directory at ftp://host[:port][/path] at the mount point indicated by node. If the -i option is not used, all the required information to establish a login to the remote server must be available in the ftp URL, including username & password if needed. The user ID for all files and folders is set to the user's real user ID. The group ID for all files and directories is set to unknown, and the permissions default to read and execute for user, group and other. The options are: -i Interactive mode, you are prompted for the username and password if you did not supply one in the url. -o Options passed to mount(2) are specified with the -o option followed by a comma separated string of options. See the mount(8) man page for possible options and their meanings. The rdonly option will be set even if it was not specified because mount_ftp does not allow files to be opened with write access on servers. ftp://host[:port][/path] The FTP-enabled server directory to mount as a volume. If port is not specified, then port 21 is used. If path is not specified, then the path "/" is used. node Path to mount point. EXAMPLES
The following example illustrates how to mount the FTP-enabled server directory ftp.apple.com/ at the mount point /Volumes/mntpnt/ mount_ftp ftp://ftp.apple.com/ /Volumes/mntpnt/ SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), mount(8) HISTORY
The mount_ftp command first appeared Mac OS X Version 10.2. RETURN VALUES
0 mount_ftp successfully mounted the server directory. [ENOENT] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because the node path is invalid. [ENODEV] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because it is not FTP-enabled or because it does not exist, or because node does not have proper access. [ECANCELED] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because the user did not provide proper authentication credentials. BUGS
mount_ftp only supports mounting read-only. Mac OS X June 6, 2003 Mac OS X