Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris stay in multi user mode but stop logins to system? Post 302289444 by NewSolarisAdmin on Thursday 19th of February 2009 03:04:34 PM
Old 02-19-2009
WOW I had no idea that existed, that is awesome!

Thank you very much for sharing that, it is exactly what I needed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Poor resourece allocation (multi-user system)

All, I am an intermediate user, and am running SAS on a nice Solaris machine. However, even when top says that no other programs are running, the machine will only give me 5-7% processor power. Is this a configuration problem with SAS or the way the server is configured? Is there any way I can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dj_is
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multi User Multi Task

Dear Experts Why we always hear that unix operating system is Multi User and Multi task. What does these two means. I have looked at some books and documents but couldn't find aclear explenation. Can we say Windows operating system is also multi user and multi task?? Thanks for your help in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent - Single User Mode -Unisys System V Release 4.0

Hello All, I have a Unisys 6000/65 machine running Unix System V Release 4.0.My problem is that we received an error that said "SPCS error occurred"and "vxfs:vx -ilisterr-inode 62585 mark bad /filesystem".The machine was stuck and I had to restart it.Now I cannot login from any workstation or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liverpool
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linmit user logins

Hello everyone, traditionally a user can log in on more than one machine as much as they want. In AIX 4.3, Is there a way to make it so that if the user is already logged on, the system will not let them log on, therefor not run their logon profile script again? (limit the user to one machine at a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidzero
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

how to distinguish standard system mode or trust system mode

I think that if the directory /tcb exists, HP-UX is in trusted mode and the passwd data is somewhere in /tcb/files/auth. But that's all I remember. Also I think recent versions of HP-UX can have a /etc/shadow file. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

6. SCO

file system not getting mounted in read write mode after system power failure

After System power get failed File system is not getting mounted in read- write mode (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtkpmbpl
1 Replies

7. AIX

Logging user logins

I want to know how I can turn off and turn on login logging. We have a server that appears to have stopped logging user logins. Running the who command shows nothing and the last command shows no logins for a month. The var/adm/wtmp file isn't full and there is plenty of space in the var file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
2 Replies

8. Solaris

User Logins

Is the below logins are needed in the machine..... nuucp , uucp ,smmsp , svctag , listen , webservd , ip ( We are not using printers), Can you help in these? Regards, kumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshkumarvg
3 Replies

9. BSD

single user mode under system v

Hello! I am new to the forum and I need help on restoring root user's password or access the form of single user mode under operating system very long-standing family bsd - Unix system V I think it's also called srv4. I managed to enter the owner of IPL, and a moment after the rise of system... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmalool
2 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with unix commands for user logins

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: List the last 3 times you logged into the hottub and the command(s) you used to obtain this information 2.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: iw2198
12 Replies
Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar(3) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar(3)

NAME
Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar - return Dwarn @return_value SYNOPSIS
use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return Dwarn some_call(...) is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; if (wantarray) { my @return = some_call(...); warn Dumper(@return); return @return; } else { my $return = some_call(...); warn Dumper($return); return $return; } but shorter. If you need to force scalar context on the value, use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return DwarnS some_call(...) is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; my $return = some_call(...); warn Dumper($return); return $return; If you need to force list context on the value, use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return DwarnL some_call(...) is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; my @return = some_call(...); warn Dumper(@return); return @return; If you want to label your output, try DwarnN use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return DwarnN $foo is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; my @return = some_call(...); warn '$foo => ' . Dumper(@return); return @return; If you want to output a reference returned by a method easily, try $Dwarn $foo->bar->{baz}->$Dwarn is equivalent to: my $return = $foo->bar->{baz}; warn Dumper($return); return $return; If you want to format the output of your data structures, try DwarnF my ($a, $c) = DwarnF { "awesome: $_[0] not awesome: $_[1]" } $awesome, $cheesy; is equivalent to: my @return = ($awesome, $cheesy); warn DumperF { "awesome: $_[0] not awesome: $_[1]" } $awesome, $cheesy; return @return; If you want to immediately die after outputting the data structure, every Dwarn subroutine has a paired Ddie version, so just replace the warn with die. For example: DdieL 'foo', { bar => 'baz' }; DESCRIPTION
use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; will import Dwarn, $Dwarn, DwarnL, DwarnN, and DwarnS into your namespace. Using Exporter, so see its docs for ways to make it do something else. Dwarn sub Dwarn { return DwarnL(@_) if wantarray; DwarnS($_[0]) } $Dwarn $Dwarn = &Dwarn $DwarnN $DwarnN = &DwarnN DwarnL sub Dwarn { warn Data::Dumper::Concise::Dumper @_; @_ } DwarnS sub DwarnS ($) { warn Data::Dumper::Concise::Dumper $_[0]; $_[0] } DwarnN sub DwarnN { warn '$argname => ' . Data::Dumper::Concise::Dumper $_[0]; $_[0] } Note: this requires Devel::ArgNames to be installed. DwarnF sub DwarnF (&@) { my $c = shift; warn &Data::Dumper::Concise::DumperF($c, @_); @_ } TIPS AND TRICKS
global usage Instead of always just doing: use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; Dwarn ... We tend to do: perl -MData::Dumper::Concise::Sugar foo.pl (and then in the perl code:) ::Dwarn ... That way, if you leave them in and run without the "use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar" the program will fail to compile and you are less likely to check it in by accident. Furthmore it allows that much less friction to add debug messages. method chaining One trick which is useful when doing method chaining is the following: my $foo = Bar->new; $foo->bar->baz->Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar::DwarnS->biff; which is the same as: my $foo = Bar->new; (DwarnS $foo->bar->baz)->biff; SEE ALSO
You probably want Devel::Dwarn, it's the shorter name for this module. perl v5.16.2 2011-01-20 Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar(3)