Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Uuencode
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Uuencode Post 302288643 by amicon007 on Tuesday 17th of February 2009 03:23:46 PM
Old 02-17-2009
Well I used the following in a script far long back on ksh; if I remember

{
unix2dos -437 file1 | uuencode file1 file1;
unix2dos -437 file2 | uuencode file2 file2;
} | mailx -s "Files" abc@yahoo.com

I fear if this doesn't work... Kindly confirm

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

uuencode

hi all, I dont know of this is a duplicate thread, but the thread i started a while ago wasnot posted still. ok my question is i have a shell script named "mail_editck.sh". i have to include some reports in it so that i can get the email when they are done. the syntax goes like this. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tejasingaraju17
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with uuencode

i used below code to attach a file but it's not attaching the file but sendinf a simple mail uuencode ${discord_file} mail_list.txt | mailx -s "TEST MAIL" xxx@yahoo.com (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: punitpa
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

uuencode error

hi all, i get the following error when i try and email a file as an attachment on a solaris box. the command is /usr/bin/uuencode $fileName $fileName | /usr/bin/mailx -s "file" $emailTo and the error is : /usr/bin/uuencode: ISO8859-1 to 646 conversion: Invalid argument The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uuencode

Ello I am having trouble getting uuencode to work. This is the command I am using. gzip -c /directory/path/file.txt | uuencode /directory/path/file.txt.gz | \ /usr/bin/mailx -s"file -$(date)" email@email.com < /directory/path/file.txt.gz However when I receive the email there is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: demention
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uuencode without attachment

Hi All, I'm using uuencode to send out mail from unix to lotus notes,but i dont have any attachment to send out, I'm getting this message in the body of the mail "Usage: uuencode remotedest" however if i dont use uuencode I'm not able to send out mail Please help Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gwrm
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

uuencode

HI, I want to zip it before sending to email. -- This works fine. uuencode gtsa_lmt_pb_rfs_daily.txt ukba_pb_rfs_daily.csv | mailx -s "ukba_pb_rfs_daily" test@abc.com --Below command is not working, it sends zunk file. uuencode gtsa_lmt_pb_rfs_daily.txt ukba_pb_rfs_daily.csv | gzip... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sampath.Rachcha
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

uuencode problem

Hi, I am making a shell script on HP-UX that will do some Oracle db query and fetch data. Then after formatting the output files (there are two files) in a csv format, I want to send them as email attachments. Unfortunately the email contains garbage. I could not find solution to the problem... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in uuencode command

Hi, I am trying this command. /usr/bin/uuencode test.xls error.xls | mail -s "Testing" <emailid> Instead of me having an attachment, i am getting this. begin 644 error.xls M1&%T87-T86=E($5R<F]R<PI,2U`S.B!7:&5N(&-H96-K:6YG(&]P97)A=&]R... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

uuencode not found !

When I do this: $ whereis uuencode uuencode: /usr/share/man/man1p/uuencode.1p.gz Does that mean it is not installed? Becuase when I use this command it says it is not found !!! Anythought what needs to be done? OS=RedHat 5.8 Linux. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with mailx, uuencode

Here's my code - FILES="file1 file2 file3" for File in ${FILES}; do uuencode "${File}" "$(basename ${File}" done | mailx email@id.com This works as expected, meaning emailing the files as attachments but with null body. Now what I want is a way to have the Body list the files in order e.g. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nexional
8 Replies
comm(1) 							   User Commands							   comm(1)

NAME
comm - select or reject lines common to two files SYNOPSIS
comm [-123] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
The comm utility reads file1 and file2, which must be ordered in the current collating sequence, and produces three text columns as output: lines only in file1; lines only in file2; and lines in both files. If the input files were ordered according to the collating sequence of the current locale, the lines written will be in the collating sequence of the original lines. If not, the results are unspecified. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -1 Suppresses the output column of lines unique to file1. -2 Suppresses the output column of lines unique to file2. -3 Suppresses the output column of lines duplicated in file1 and file2. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: file1 A path name of the first file to be compared. If file1 is -, the standard input is used. file2 A path name of the second file to be compared. If file2 is -, the standard input is used. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of comm when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Printing a list of utilities specified by files If file1, file2, and file3 each contain a sorted list of utilities, the command example% comm -23 file1 file2 | comm -23 - file3 prints a list of utilities in file1 not specified by either of the other files. The entry: example% comm -12 file1 file2 | comm -12 - file3 prints a list of utilities specified by all three files. And the entry: example% comm -12 file2 file3 | comm -23 -file1 prints a list of utilities specified by both file2 and file3, but not specified in file1. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of comm: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_COLLATE, LC_CTYPE, LC_MESSAGES, and NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 All input files were successfully output as specified. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), sort(1), uniq(1), attributes(5), environ(5), largefile(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 3 Mar 2004 comm(1)