Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Display of string with TAB in it Post 302288340 by Indalecio on Tuesday 17th of February 2009 03:05:07 AM
Old 02-17-2009
Thanks for the insight Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

tab string variables nicely

I'm using korn shell for my shell script I'm reading a file and get the data I want out and append it to a variable directly, it shows like this AutoMicroReport_53767.txt BANI BHUM (570N) 20080520 17:54 WAN HAI 306 078 ITH 1 1 HKHKG 20 GP M S06 7 6 1 0 TCYONG AutoMicroReport_53767.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

newline character, space and tab after a string

no problem (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: angelina
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete parts of a string of character in one given column of a tab delimited file

I would like to remove characters from column 7 so that from an input file looking like this: >HWI-EAS422_12:4:1:69:89 GGTTTAAATATTGCACAAAAGGTATAGAGCGT U0 1 0 0 ref_chr8.fa 6527777 F DD I get something like that in an output file: ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: matlavmac
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to display a tab character in variable

Hi, I'm trying to figure out a way to encapsulate a tab character, or four or five space characters into a string variable to be used in my script. I'm using the bash shell. I tried $variablename=" <string text>" but it didnt give me the output i wanted (output was still... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rowlf
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: string followed by tab comparision

Hi all, Currently i am using if( $0~/ NOT / && $0~/ NULL /) { ................. } to check if the input record contains "NOT" and "NULL". But in some cases "NOT" and "NULL" are preceded and followed by tab. How do i find compare for these fields as well? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysvsr1
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete string between 3rd tab and first pattern with SED

Hello, I have this sentence :Pattern1 Pattern2 Pattern3 Pattern4-which-contains-HELLO-string-and-other-stuff-and-second-HELLO-and-third-HELLO I want to delete everything between the 3rd tab (\t) and the FIRST pattern "HELLO" of the line. Result expected is : Pattern1 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: theclem35
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

select and replace only those string which is followed by \tab

Hi I have a number of sequences and a string occurs a number of times in that sequence. How can I select and replace only those strings which are followed by \tab. for eg : my sequence looks like : string0 positive cd parent=string0 id =121 string0 string0 negative ef parent=... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonia102
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while assign string (words with tab) to a variable

Hi, I have a String(words with tab space) in a file ->file1.txt 0xxxx 11 test $aa$ 8.43 when i read the file and assign to variable value=$(cat file1.txt) echo $value i get the output without tab spaces. 0xxxx 11 test $aa$ 8.43 How to assign string... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Print whole string ending with a Tab if key matched

Hi , I am looking to print the whole string from file2.txt but it is only printing 77 but not the whole matched string from File2.txt Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Script awk ' BEGIN { OFS="\t" out = "a.txt"} NR==FNR && NF {a=$0; next} function print_65_11() { if... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: High-T
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a string and display its location on the entire string and make a text file

I want to search a small string in a large string and find the locations of the string. For this I used grep "string" -ob <file name where the large string is stored>. Now this gives me the locations of that string. Now how do I store these locations in a text file. Please use CODE tags as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ANKIT ROY
7 Replies
SIEVE-DUMP(1)							    Pigeonhole							     SIEVE-DUMP(1)

NAME
sieve-dump - Pigeonhole's Sieve script binary dump tool SYNOPSIS
sieve-dump [options] sieve-binary [out-file] DESCRIPTION
The sieve-dump command is part of the Pigeonhole Project (pigeonhole(7)), which adds Sieve (RFC 5228) support to the Dovecot secure IMAP and POP3 server (dovecot(1)). Using the sieve-dump command, Sieve binaries, which are produced for instance by sievec(1), can be transformed into a human-readable tex- tual representation. This can provide valuable insight in how the Sieve script is executed. This is also particularly useful to view cor- rupt binaries that can result from bugs in the Sieve implementation. This tool is intended mainly for development purposes, so normally system administrators and users will not need to use this tool. The format of the output is not explained here in detail, but it should be relatively easy to understand. The Sieve binaries comprise a set of data blocks, each of which can contain arbitrary data. For the base language implementation two blocks are used: the first containing a specification of all required language extensions and the second containing the main Sieve program. Compiled Sieve programs are represented as flat byte code and therefore the dump of the main program is a disassembly listing of the interpreter operations. Extensions can define new operations and use additional blocks. Therefore, the output of sieve-dump depends greatly on the language extensions used when compil- ing the binary. OPTIONS
-c config-file Alternative Dovecot configuration file path. -D Enable Sieve debugging. -h Produce per-block hexdump output of the whole binary instead of the normal human-readable output. -x extensions Set the available extensions. The parameter is a space-separated list of the active extensions. By prepending the extension identi- fiers with + or -, extensions can be included or excluded relative to the configured set of active extensions. If no extensions have a + or - prefix, only those extensions that are explicitly listed will be enabled. Unknown extensions are ignored and a warning is produced. For example -x "+imapflags -enotify" will enable the deprecated imapflags extension and disable the enotify extension. The rest of the active extensions depends on the sieve_extensions and sieve_global_extensions settings. By default, i.e. when sieve_extensions and sieve_global_extensions remain unconfigured, all supported extensions are available, except for deprecated extensions or those that are still under development. ARGUMENTS
sieve-binary Specifies the Sieve binary file that needs to be dumped. out-file Specifies where the output must be written. This argument is optional. If omitted, the output is written to stdout. EXIT STATUS
sieve-dump will exit with one of the following values: 0 Dump was successful. (EX_OK, EXIT_SUCCESS) 1 Operation failed. This is returned for almost all failures. (EXIT_FAILURE) 64 Invalid parameter given. (EX_USAGE) FILES
/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf Dovecot's main configuration file. /etc/dovecot/conf.d/90-sieve.conf Sieve interpreter settings (included from Dovecot's main configuration file) REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting Dovecot and Pigeonhole bugs is available at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
dovecot(1), dovecot-lda(1), sieve-filter(1), sieve-test(1), sievec(1), pigeonhole(7) Pigeonhole for Dovecot v2.2 2013-05-09 SIEVE-DUMP(1)