Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers probs executing crontab script Post 302288250 by JamesGoh on Monday 16th of February 2009 09:36:24 PM
Old 02-16-2009
Hi everyone

I finally managed to get my crontab script to work.

The problem was that I was not doing the editting via crontab -e, which is necessary to update the existing crontab file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

oracle probs on HPUX11

Hi all we r using hpUX11.00 9000 sever as oracle 8i db server... But the problem is we have 4 instances of dbs but upto my knowledge there are only to ports available for TNS listen... how can i configure or get wht ever it may be the other two ports for tns listener......... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

probs compiling lex

this is my lex file ------------ test.l %% printf("%c",yytext+'a'-'A');.ECHO; how do i compile it $ lex test.l cc lex.yy.c -o test -ll <------| | if this is correct do i add this line--------| @the command line or does it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinner
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy probs

need help....just wanna copy all files with no extensions but with tree-informations to one dir first I make a new directory with all foldertrees...like find / -name "*" -type d >a1 sed -e 's/^/new/g' <a1 >b1 mkdir -p `cat a1` then I wanna copy all specific files with no... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: svennie
12 Replies

4. Solaris

More SSH probs ...

Server 1 SSH Version Sun_SSH_1.0 Server 2 OpenSSH_3.8.1p1 Server 3 OpenSSH_3.8p1 I created the rsa keys on server1. Public and private. I copied the id_rsa.pub file to server2 and server3 and appended this to the authorized_keys file in the .ssh directory on both. (All servers using the root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Overlapping(executing time) jobs in crontab

I do not have the luxery of a server that i can try on, so i had to post my qn here. Say i have two jobs in the cron table, the jobs are scheduled 2 mins apart. Assuming the first jobs does a lot of operations and takes > 2 mins. Will the second job be executed? Will Unix actually have a queue... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with executing a script scheduled in crontab

Hi I have written a shell script(in Solaris) in which following logic is there..... i=1 while read control do key=`echo $control | awk -F$DELIMITOR '{ print $1 }'` echo "Key Values" ${key} i=`/usr/bin/expr $i + 1` done < $CONFPATH/$CONFFILE when i execute it at prompt it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amardeep
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing in crontab

Hi, if I launche this at commande line It is OK : $ /home/oracle/anaschxt_A01_5_15_25_plemae.sh but if I put it in crontab : Like this : I have this error : /home/oracle/anaschxt_A01_5_15_25_plemae.sh: sqlplus: not find. The script is : +17 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hi probs with rm command

hi guys... i m using rm *.zip or rm -rf *.zip while removing from a server path recursively, i m getting "Remove directory operation failed." if i use rm* .zip i m getting as invalid command and none of the files are removed.. please help where m i wrong when i execute the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_aqua14
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not executing in CRONTAB

Hi, I have written a script for file scan : #!/bin/sh find . -name "common.log.diff" > /dev/null 2>&1 if ; then cp common.log common.log.diff diff common.log common.log.diff > DIFFERENCE.log cp common.log common.log.diff grep "ERROR" DIFFERENCE.log if ; then echo "1" >... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
6 Replies

10. Debian

Problems with Crontab not executing scripts after edit

Hi all I installed Debian and i have a few scripts that outputs what is happening. The wierd part...after fresh install all works ok but after i open or edit Crontab it stops executing the scripts...and scripts runs manually so its not a problem with scripts...what happens is that i usually... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ro0t3d
3 Replies
bcrontab(1)						      General Commands Manual						       bcrontab(1)

NAME
bcrontab - Manage users crontab files SYNOPSIS
bcrontab [ -u user ] file bcrontab [ -u user ] { -l | -r | -e } DESCRIPTION
bcrontab interfaces with the bcron-spool daemon to manage crontab files in the privileged spool directory. OPTIONS
-u user Tell bcron-spool that we are acting on behalf of the named user. bcron-spool will only accept the username if bcrontab is running as either root or the same user ID as the named user. -l List the cronab crontab to standard output. -r Remove the user's crontab. -e Edit the current crontab. ENVIRONMENT
VISUAL If this is set, it is used as the editor to invoke to edit a crontab. EDITOR If $VISUAL is not set and this is, it is used as the editor to invoke to edit a crontab. If neither are set, /bin/vi is used. BCRON_SOCKET The path to the named socket used to communicate with bcron-spool. Defaults to /var/run/bcron-spool. LOGNAME USER These two variables are used, in order, to determine the user name invoking the program. One must be set if the -u option is not used. FILES
bcrontab tries to writes a temporary file into the current directory, and then into /tmp if that fails, in order to edit the current crontab. SEE ALSO
bcron-spool(8), crontab(5) AUTHOR
Bruce Guenter <bruceg@em.ca> bcrontab(1)