Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Truncate the content within alt attribute to first 250 characters. Post 302285979 by parshant_bvcoe on Tuesday 10th of February 2009 04:22:24 AM
Old 02-10-2009
Hi Johnson!

Thanks for your help! . But above script is not working. Please help!!!. Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alt boot

ok guys, I have been given a big project, I need to implement alt boot on over 40+ servers, mainly solaris 8 and AIX 4.3, AIX 5.1. A couple of questions 1)can someone describe alt boot, my take is that if the primary disk fails(disk with root filesystems), this altboot disk takes over 2)can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Truncate last <n> characters from a file

I am trying to concatenate 2 files, but before concatenation, I would like to strip off the final character from the first file. The final character is a form feed (ascii 012 / hex 0C) and there will be an unknown number of these characters in the file. It is only the very last one which I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gwailo88
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alt - Characters

in Win, one can use the Alt + 3-digit numeric code combination to spawn any ASCII character. Linux, OTOH has Ctrl-Shift-U + alphanumeric code combination to spawn any UNICODE character. bottom line: I'd like to be able to do what Win can do, please. I was told it was possible, but made... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ialoq
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncate file name to 40 characters

Hello all. I would like to make a script (or two shell scripts) that will do the following. I need the maximum file name and directory name to be 38 characters long. As well, if shortening the file name ends up making all of the files in that directory have the same name, then I would like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete special characters from the file content

Hello Team, Any one suggest how to delte the below special character from a file which is having one column 10 rows of same below content. ---------------------------------------- Kosten|bersicht gemd_ ' =Welche Kosten kvnnen... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncate all characters and numbers in string - using perl

hi, I have an data from file where it has 20110904 234516 <<hdd-10#console|0c.57,passed,5,28,READ,0,20822392,8,5,4,0,40,0,-1,0,29909,25000,835,3.3,0,0,0,0,implied,0,0,2011/9/5-2:3:17,2011/9/5-2:3:47,X292_0F15,TAP ,NQ09,J40LTG\r\r\n I want to remove characters till #console| i.e want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asak
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching a pattern 250 characters up and down stream

hii all i have a file a which contains some thing like this strand smthg position + yyx 3020 - yyw 10,000 now i have another file (file2) which contains the data starting from 1 to n positions i want to refer first file if + ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
4 Replies

8. AIX

alt clone

I have two identical systems p740 with 2 lpars in each server. I dont want to install os from scratch on each lpar neither I want to use nim nor mksysb. Will it work perfectly if I install a fresh OS on 1 lpar and do alt disk clone for other lpras. My each lpar is having 2 physical disks. Now if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to truncate a string to x number characters?

Hello: I have a large file which contains lines like the following: 1/t123ab, &Xx:1:1234:12345:123456@ABCDEFG... at -$100.00% /t is a tab, spaces are as indicated the string "&Xx:1:1234:12345:123456$ABCDEFG..." has a slightly variable number of numbers and letters, but it always starts... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tectona
9 Replies
script(1)						      General Commands Manual							 script(1)

NAME
script - Makes a transcript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [file] The script command makes a transcript of everything printed on your terminal. OPTIONS
Appends the transcript to file rather than writing it to file. OPERANDS
The name of an output file that will contain the transcript of the session. If this parameter is omitted, the file typescript is written. DESCRIPTION
The transcript is written to file, or appended to file if the -a option is given. If no file name is given, the transcript is saved in the file typescript. The script ends when the forked shell exits. This program is useful when you are using a CRT and want a hard-copy record of the dialog (for example, a technical writer might create an example of a working session this way). If you specify the -a option and the file does not exist, it is created. If you do not specify the -a option and the file exists, it is replaced. RESTRICTIONS
The script command requires a streams based terminal. In single user mode, streams may not be enabled. Under these circumstances, script will exit with no action. If you are the superuser and need to run this command in single user mode, use the following special instruc- tions. Enabling Streams If it is necessary to enable a streams environment in the single user mode, enter the command /sbin/init.d/streams. This command is avail- able to the superuser only. SEE ALSO
Commands: autopush(8), cat(1), echo(1), strsetup(8), tee(1) System Administration script(1)