Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Redirecting output to remote monitor over TCP/IP. Post 302284230 by otheus on Thursday 5th of February 2009 04:03:54 AM
Old 02-05-2009
Quote:
I'm new to the forums and hope I selected the best group. I could have gone to a more specific thread but was afraid that I'd end up with the wrong audience.
I moved it to "Advanced UNIX users" because your question is certainly more advanced. Also doesn't seem specific to AIX.

So you want to update several TTYs with information from 6 different jobs? How do you get this information from the jobs? And why does it have to be in "full screen mode". The thin clients are running X Windows or something, correct? Or are the thin clients simply running a large monolithic TTY what is delivered over TCP/IP ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirecting output to TCP port

Hi All, I suspect this is simple but I cannot find any info on it. I have a logfile on a solaris box (EMS) that I want to tail -f but I want the output of this to be redirected to a TCP port. I have a second solaris box (PEM) running patrol enterprise manager that I am using as an alarm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mscomms
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirecting the startup output

Is there any way to redirect the output of the startup of a sun E250. Im basically trying to troubleshoot some init scripts and it would be useful to have a log of the startup output. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blakmk
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

TCP port scanner for remote or for local

I am unable to find any TCP scanner for data captruing for a Remote or local server. Can anybody please help. i need it to read TCP port and capture the incoming/outgoing data , (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahadsiddiqui
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting OUTPUT

Hi, I want to move the output of a command/script to a file as well as to to be displayed on stdout. Can anybody help me in this. Thanks in advace .. -Chanakya M (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chanakya.m
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

monitor remote file output

Greetings all, How to monitor the output of a file on a remote server. I want to use tail -f file... but the file is on a remote server, lets say server4 and Im working on server2. any ideas ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A bi directional script that will monitor the TCP/IP connections between two physical

Dear All , I'm looking for a unix script that will monitor the TCP/IP connections between two physical ip addresses and when it dectes an IP is down it generates an alarm and sends SMS to mobile numbers. Can any one help, I need this urgently. Waiting for positive replies.. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samura
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output to file

Hi, Below is the whole string which is to be redirected to the new file. su - oracle -c "exp $user/$pass file=/oracle/oradata/backup/exp_trn_tables_`date +%d_%b_20%y_%H_%M_%S`.dmp log=/oracle/oradata/backup/exp_trn_tables_`date +%d_%b_20%y_%H_%M_%S`.log tables=table1,table2 statistics=none" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
3 Replies

8. Slackware

X terminal: Redirecting remote sound to my local audio device

Hello everybody, I'm testing some aspects of X Terminal implementation and it's going great. I can use remote applications on my local slow workstation at remote's processor speed by redirecting the remote DISPLAY variable to "my_local_ip:0.0"; but i'm having troubles to get remote audio and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: semash!
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting the output

For example, if we run the below command, symcfg list -thin -pool , results in an output most of the times and if the out is generated i'm able to redirect the output to a file. but sometimes it doesnt result any output and even though the output is being redirected, i can see "No Thin Pools "... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: web2moha
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk remote multiple hosts print remote hostname and output

Hi all, i'm trying to gether multiple pattern on remote hosts, and trying to print hostname and the pattern, ssh remoteserver1 -C 'hostname 2>&1;cat /var/log/server1.log | awk -F ";" '"'"'{ print " "$2" "$5}'"'"'| sort | uniq -c | sort -g -r ' The output is the following, remoteserver1 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
8 Replies
jobs(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   jobs(1)

NAME
jobs - Displays status of jobs in the current session SYNOPSIS
jobs [-l | -p] job_id... [Tru64 UNIX] jobs [-n] job_id... Note The C shell has a built-in version of the jobs command. If you are using the C shell, and want to guarantee that you are using the command described here, you must specify the full path /usr/bin/jobs. See the csh(1) reference page for a description of the built-in command. STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: jobs: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. OPTIONS
Provides more information about each job listed. This information includes the job number, current job, process group ID, state and the command that formed the job. Displays only the process IDs for the process group leaders of the selected jobs. [Tru64 UNIX] Displays jobs that have stopped or exited since last notified. By default, the jobs utility displays the status of all stopped jobs, running background jobs and all jobs whose status has changed and has not been reported by the shell. OPERANDS
Specifies the jobs for which the status is to be displayed. If no job_id operand is given, the status information for all jobs is dis- played. The format of job_id is described in the Jobs section of the ksh(1) reference page. DESCRIPTION
The jobs utility displays the status of jobs that were started in the current shell environment. When jobs reports the termination status of a job, the shell removes its process ID from the list of those "known in the current shell exe- cution environment". See the Jobs section of the ksh(1) reference page. RESTRICTIONS
The jobs utility does not work as expected when it is operating in its own utility execution environment because that environment has no applicable jobs to manipulate. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: Successful completion. An error occurred. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of jobs: Provides a default value for the internationalization variables that are unset or null. If LANG is unset or null, the corresponding value from the default locale is used. If any of the internationalization vari- ables contain an invalid setting, the utility behaves as if none of the variables had been defined. If set to a non-empty string value, overrides the values of all the other internationalization variables. Determines the locale for the interpretation of sequences of bytes of text data as characters (for example, single-byte as opposed to multibyte characters in arguments). Determines the locale used to affect the format and contents of diagnostic messages written to standard error and informative messages written to standard output. Determines the location of message catalogues for the processing of LC_MESSAGES. SEE ALSO
Commands: bg(1), csh(1), fg(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1p), wait(1) Standards: standards(5) jobs(1)