Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: user administration
Operating Systems Solaris user administration Post 302283908 by Gibby13 on Wednesday 4th of February 2009 10:14:25 AM
Old 02-04-2009
should be -g test(primary group) -G test1 (secondary group)

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

remote user administration

Hello, I inhearited several solaris machines (read that about 30 of them) and have a need to be able to manage the user accounts remotely.... Currently the machines all have the same users but not exactly the same spelling (each machine was locally managed before and thus every single passwd/shadow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wgriffin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Administration

I have an application that runs on Unix and the user administration is managed at a Unix level. The application has an application ID which is linked to the user ids which are created at Unix level. Can you please help if I can be able to track which user used the Application ID and what action was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kopano
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tru64 User administration

Hey guys how do you check if an account is locked in tru64, and how do you unlock it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbn
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris User Administration

Hi All..... How many maximum no of users can be created in solaris 10.0 Waiting for the reply ..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhils13
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris User Administration

unable to run smgroup / smadd command to create or modify the users and directories. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sendhils13
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Zone administration

hi frnds I created sparse root zone, in that zone when i try to change the passwd it is giving permission denied. what is the reason and how to chnage the root passwd in the zone. can u please explain the query. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravan ega
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

User administration

Dear All, I need to restrict the users in our server. 1.History & history -c command working all groups & others.So i need to restrict history -c option for groups & others . 2.Any option available to view user activity with all Eg--->user1 Jul22 10:20:11 date 3.Any other Special... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpoobathi
7 Replies

8. AIX

AIX user administration - queue management

Dear All Please how can I create a user which would be only able to manage queue printer like creating, release, hold etc a printer queue. He would for example be able to enter commands like : - lpstat -pprintqueue where printqueue is an existing queue on the server - enable printqueue... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sobnc
0 Replies
GROUPDEL(8)						    System Management Commands						       GROUPDEL(8)

NAME
groupdel - delete a group SYNOPSIS
groupdel [options] GROUP DESCRIPTION
The groupdel command modifies the system account files, deleting all entries that refer to GROUP. The named group must exist. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the groupdel command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. CAVEATS
You may not remove the primary group of any existing user. You must remove the user before you remove the group. You should manually check all file systems to ensure that no files remain owned by this group. CONFIGURATION
The following configuration variables in /etc/login.defs change the behavior of this tool: MAX_MEMBERS_PER_GROUP (number) Maximum members per group entry. When the maximum is reached, a new group entry (line) is started in /etc/group (with the same name, same password, and same GID). The default value is 0, meaning that there are no limits in the number of members in a group. This feature (split group) permits to limit the length of lines in the group file. This is useful to make sure that lines for NIS groups are not larger than 1024 characters. If you need to enforce such limit, you can use 25. Note: split groups may not be supported by all tools (even in the Shadow toolsuite). You should not use this variable unless you really need it. FILES
/etc/group Group account information. /etc/gshadow Secure group account information. EXIT VALUES
The groupdel command exits with the following values: 0 success 2 invalid command syntax 6 specified group doesn't exist 8 can't remove user's primary group 10 can't update group file SEE ALSO
chfn(1), chsh(1), passwd(1), gpasswd(8), groupadd(8), groupmod(8), useradd(8), userdel(8), usermod(8). shadow-utils 4.1.5.1 05/25/2012 GROUPDEL(8)