Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do I schedule the df command Post 302282217 by jpjeffery on Friday 30th of January 2009 10:13:51 AM
Old 01-30-2009
Thank you.

I've found that the command grep isn't actually recognised, which is odd.

Is there a command you can run to establish exactly which OS is running?

JJ

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you schedule a command to run at 4:00 every morning?

How do you schedule a command to run at 4:00 every morning? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JosephGerard
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command to schedule a unix script in tidal' scheduler

hi i am needed to use tidal's scheduler to schedule unix scripts available on server A. while creating a job to be scheduled, it has an option called command which will take a path of the file. i have seen several examples in the following way e:\tidal\bin\sleep.exe here i did not understand two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab schedule

I have the following crontab entry. 0,30 00-16 * * * This job runs every 30 minutes between the hours of 12:00AM and 4:00PM. How can I have it stop at 4:30PM instead? Thank you, David (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

schedule tasks

As far as I know Crontab is the utulity to schedule tasks to run at specific times.Is there any utility to perform the same task (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to schedule "topas" command in crontab

Hi, Grateful if you could advise how to schedule the AIX "topas" command in crontab? Below script works fine at shell prompt. But it does not run via crontab at an AIX Server. Script: topas_run.sh export top_file=/oracle/rman_scripts/"topas_run"_`date '+%m_%d_%y_%H_%M_%S'`".txt" echo >>... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandrakar1
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule without cron

Hi, How to write the recursive function. I have a script, #!/usr/bin/ksh ## name=$1 outputfile='output.log' sqlplus -s > ${outputfile} <<__END__ ${USER}/${PASS}@${DB} WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE ROLLBACK WHENEVER OSERROR EXIT FAILURE ROLLBACK SET ECHO ON SET SERVEROUTPUT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab schedule

Hi, I have a script which will query the DB and added to crontab at 1,2,6,7 AM everyday and sends a email if count is 0. Now the problem is, if crontab is disabled it doesn't sends a mail. Please tell me how can I handle this situation in the script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Schedule the Script

I have wriiten one script to get some results from log files. Daily I have to run the script using the below command to get the output. What I need is, Can I schedule the Script to execute once every day at a particular Time and get the output by mail automatically? I heard about 'cron job' . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padmanabhan
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

Help with cron schedule

Hope you can help with a queuy i have. Server OS is HP-UX my cron runs like this: * * * * * /test/scripts/1_min_jobs.sh 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /test/scripts/jobs_5mins.sh 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null 0,15,30,45 * * * *... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: davexxash
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to schedule crontab?

Hi All, How to schedule crontab on all day except sunday and monday means from tuesday to saturday at 06:00AM. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
3 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)