Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script to Parse PLSQL code? Post 302280756 by gauravsachan on Tuesday 27th of January 2009 01:49:56 PM
Old 01-27-2009
Data Shell Script to Parse PLSQL code?

Hi All,

I am supposed to present the documentation for the PLSQL code (PACKAGES, PROCEDURE, FUNCTIONS) of my application. There are sufficient comments in my code. Has anyone written any Shell Script Utility which can parse the PLSQL code and generate some kind of document ( preferrably HTML not necessarily though Smilie ) ?

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated.

regards
Gaurav

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Needed to Parse Results

Raw Results: results|192.168.2|192.168.2.1|general/udp|10287|Security Note|For your information, here is the traceroute from 192.168.2.24 to 192.168.2.1 : \n192.168.2.24\n192.168.2.1\n\n results|192.168.2|192.168.2.1|ssh (22/tcp)|22964|Security Note|An SSH server is running on this port.\n... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jroberson
2 Replies

2. Programming

UNIX Shell Script to Create a Document of a PLSQL code.

Hi All, I am supposed to present the documentation for the PLSQL code (PACKAGES, PROCEDURE, FUNCTIONS) of my application. There are sufficient comments in my code. Has anyone written any Shell Script Utility which can parse the PLSQL code and generate some kind of document ( preferrably HTML not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gauravsachan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse for errors shell script

All, I have a shell script which parses the /var/adm/messages file for errors every 15 minutes as a cron job. The script runs at 01, 16, 31, and 46 minutes every hour. The problem is if the error is encountered any time during the beginning of hour I can get paged three times. I would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shell script to parse html file

hi all, i have a html file something similar to this. <tr class="evenrow"> <td class="data">added</td><td class="data">xyz@abc.com</td> <td class="data">filename.sql</td><td class="modifications-data">08/25/2009 07:58:40</td><td class="data">Added TK prof script</td> </tr> <tr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sais
1 Replies

5. Programming

running PLSQL scripts through shell script

I am running the following ealth checks on my server there are two databases in my server . MODEL1 and MODEL2 i connect with the first database as sqlplus model1/password Then i exceute a query select x from table (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
4 Replies

6. Programming

Executing shell script from PLSQL

Hi All, I have a requirement to mv a file in unix from plsql procedure. for that i have created a java host procedure, a host_command, given all grants as per ORACLE-BASE - Oracle8i Shell Commands From PL/SQL but i am getting an error ""Process err :/bin/sh: mv Not Found"" kindly let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aryan_styles
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute shell script from plsql trigger

Hi, I have been assigned a job which requires me to send mails from unix(Mailx) upon on certain actions triggered in the database. On insert/update of a certain field into one of the database tables the shell script present in Unix box responsible to send mail though mailx needs to be triggered... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemant.bs11
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Shell Script to parse file

Raw Results: results|192.168.2|192.168.2.1|general/udp|10287|Security Note|For your information, here is the traceroute from 192.168.2.24 to 192.168.2.1 : \n192.168.2.24\n192.168.2.1\n\n results|192.168.2|192.168.2.1|ssh (22/tcp)|22964|Security Note|An SSH server is running on this port.\n... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jroberson
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a plsql procedure through shell script

I have a plsql procedure inside a package which is having one IN parameter .I want to call that procedure through a shell script and that IN parameter is a column of a table in the database. So my requirement is that i need to loop all the entries of that IN parameter from the table through shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rspnf
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating IN list in PLSQL script dynamically by using shell script

Hi all, I have a PLSQL script which has a IN list where it takes some ids as input. For example SELECT * FROM EMPLOYEE WHERE EMPLOYEE_ID IN (comma separated list ) I want to run this quest inside a shell script but I would like to prepare the IN list dynamically where the employee ids... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
1 Replies
HTML::Filter(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   HTML::Filter(3)

NAME
HTML::Filter - Filter HTML text through the parser NOTE
This module is deprecated. The "HTML::Parser" now provides the functionally of "HTML::Filter" much more efficiently with the the "default" handler. SYNOPSIS
require HTML::Filter; $p = HTML::Filter->new->parse_file("index.html"); DESCRIPTION
"HTML::Filter" is an HTML parser that by default prints the original text of each HTML element (a slow version of cat(1) basically). The callback methods may be overridden to modify the filtering for some HTML elements and you can override output() method which is called to print the HTML text. "HTML::Filter" is a subclass of "HTML::Parser". This means that the document should be given to the parser by calling the $p->parse() or $p->parse_file() methods. EXAMPLES
The first example is a filter that will remove all comments from an HTML file. This is achieved by simply overriding the comment method to do nothing. package CommentStripper; require HTML::Filter; @ISA=qw(HTML::Filter); sub comment { } # ignore comments The second example shows a filter that will remove any <TABLE>s found in the HTML file. We specialize the start() and end() methods to count table tags and then make output not happen when inside a table. package TableStripper; require HTML::Filter; @ISA=qw(HTML::Filter); sub start { my $self = shift; $self->{table_seen}++ if $_[0] eq "table"; $self->SUPER::start(@_); } sub end { my $self = shift; $self->SUPER::end(@_); $self->{table_seen}-- if $_[0] eq "table"; } sub output { my $self = shift; unless ($self->{table_seen}) { $self->SUPER::output(@_); } } If you want to collect the parsed text internally you might want to do something like this: package FilterIntoString; require HTML::Filter; @ISA=qw(HTML::Filter); sub output { push(@{$_[0]->{fhtml}}, $_[1]) } sub filtered_html { join("", @{$_[0]->{fhtml}}) } SEE ALSO
HTML::Parser COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1997-1999 Gisle Aas. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-03-25 HTML::Filter(3)