Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCO Remote Management
Operating Systems SCO SCO Remote Management Post 302278531 by pludi on Tuesday 20th of January 2009 01:16:00 PM
Old 01-20-2009
Remote Management != GUI
UNIX servers usually allow for remote management/administration via SSH or Telnet, using command-line tools.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remote ACCESS in SCO UNIX

I have set up a modem in SCO Unix .. I want to dial in from a remote terminal program, what else is needed .. do I have to configure UUCP ?? How ? Any other configurations ? CHRIS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: germiphene
1 Replies

2. SCO

sco remote backup

i have 2 server, one is running on windows and the other one is running on sco. both have their own dds4 drive but the sco server is not malfunctioning. is it possible to backup data from sco server to our windows server remotely. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yackim
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuration management tool in SCO UNIXWARE 7.1.3

Hi all, :confused: I want to know about the configuration management tool that is used in SCO UNIXWARE 7.1.3. Please refer some sites where i could get the details. Thanks in advance kavitha (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavithadass
2 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris remote management

Hello people, How do we manage solaris from a remote PC. Do I have to download specific softwares from sun website? How does this work? Please share some knowledge on this topic.:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcmrulzz
2 Replies

5. SCO

sco remote logging problem

Hello, I am trying to write log from sco box to a remote host. We already have that setting working for linux server using syslog. With this setting(on LINUX) *.* @remote-host for sco I have this *.debug /usr/adm/syslog *.* ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: polestar
3 Replies
pam_opendirectory(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 				      pam_opendirectory(8)

NAME
pam_opendirectory -- OpenDirectory PAM module SYNOPSIS
[service-name] function-class control-flag pam_opendirectory [options] DESCRIPTION
The OpenDirectory PAM module supports the authentication, account management and password management function classes. In terms of the function-class parameter, these are ``auth'', ``account'' and ``password'' respectively. The OpenDirectory Authentication Module The OpenDirectory authentication module permits or denies users based on OpenDirectory password authentication. The following option may be passed to this authentication module: nullok Allow null passwords. The OpenDirectory Account Management Module The OpenDirectory account management module permits or denies users based whether the account is enabled in OpenDirectory. The following option may be passed to this account management module: no_check_shell Skip validating the user's shell. no_check_home Skip validating the user's home directory. refresh=min Sets the mbr_check_membership(3) cache timeout to min minutes. When this option is used, the min value must be specified, and it must be an integer. The OpenDirectory Password Management Module The OpenDirectory password management module supports password changing and enforces the OpenDirectory password policy. SEE ALSO
mbr_check_membership(3), pam.conf(5), pam(8), pwpolicy(8), DirectoryService(8) BSD
February 7, 2009 BSD