Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Scan a log file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Scan a log file Post 302278243 by nhanda on Monday 19th of January 2009 08:19:54 PM
Old 01-19-2009
could some1 please advice on the needed script

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to scan only new lines added in file?

Hi, I am planning to implement a scheduled script that will go against my log files (every hour), search for a set of key words (errors, exceptions, faults etc). The script must be intelligent enough to scan only the new lines added to the log file since it last ran. I can use grep for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Scan

Hi everyone , i m working on Sun solaris and i have a file "smsapp.cur" which has information like this paragraph given below , there are millions of such paragraphs From:923212802736 To:923222326807 logMessage: 07-04-08 17:34:29 Getting message topup from code page default in language English... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dastard
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to scan a file for literal, return 0 or 1 if found?

How can i scan a file in a UNIX script and look for a particular keyword? For example if i wanted to scan the file "lpcmp165.out" and see if it contains the term "error" or "ERROR" and then return a 0 or 1 or some indicator as such? Detail example: sqlplus -s xx/yyyyyyy#@zzz <<EOF >... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Inventory Scan

Is there such a script out there that will Analyze a folder and subfolders, getting file type utilization and file aging. A CSV file will be created with file information File,Size,Date Created,Last Modified,Last Accessed,Extension,File Type,Owner A Summary report text file will also be created... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seacros
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to continuously scan a log file

Hello members, I have some doubts on how to write a script that can reports success / failure of a batch job ? 1. Run a batch job: 2. Wait and search for a particular string in the Log file: tail -f log01*.txt | egrep -v "^SUCCESSFUL" echo "continue with the other tasks" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: novice82
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log File Scan

I need to read the last line of a log file and save it, sleep for X minutes and read the last line again. If the line is the same, exit 1, otherwise sleep for X minutes until the last line contains 'Status: Process completed'. Can anyone offer advice here? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mode09
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan log file for errors

Hi everyone. I am still new to UNIX, and am having trouble figuring out how to create a script to scan a log file to look for errors based on a string. We run AIX 5.3, and would like the ability to report all the instances of WebSphere Broker Execution groups crashing. This script would... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbojames
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan of log file in Linux for entries in last 15 minutes for matching a pattern

Is there any way I can do scan of log file in Linux, where the log file entries for last 15 minutes can be searched for a particular pattern. The log file entries are in below format. 2014-01-27T23:08:53.924-0500 LDAP authentication error 2014-01-27T23:08:53.934-0500 LDAP authentication... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandrudran
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Scan for new LUN and create a new file system

Hi Please I dont have a lot of redhat skills, but I need some help on creating a file system. I need to rescan for this new LUN, so I try to check existing LUNs: fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 299.4 GB, 299439751168 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 36404 cylinders Units = cylinders of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan and remove if file infected using bash

The below bash runs clamav on all files in DIR and produces virus-scan.log. My question is the portion in bold is supposed to move the infected files, lines not OK, to /home/cmccabe/quarantine. Does the bash look correct? Thank you :). virus-scan.log Mon Jan 16 14:39:05 CST 2017... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
ATSADC(1)							       local								 ATSADC(1)

NAME
atsadc, atsa1, atsaftp, atsahttp -- counter-collection SYNOPSIS
atsadc [ t n ] [ ofile ] atsa1 [ t n ] atsaftp atsahttp DESCRIPTION
System activity-data can be gathered on special request of a user [see atsar(1) ] or automatically, on a routine basis, as described here. Usually the kernel maintains statistical counters that are incremented as various system actions occur. These include counters for CPU uti- lization, disk utilization, memory utilization and various network statistics. The program atsadc and the shell-script atsa1 are used to collect, save, and process these counters. The program atsadc (the data collector) samples system data n times with an interval of t seconds between samples, and writes in binary format to ofile or (default) to standard output. The sampling interval t should be greater than 1 second. If t and n are omitted, a special reset-record is written. This facility is used when booting to a multi-user state, to mark the time at which the counters restart from zero. For example, the reset-mark can be added to the daily data by the command: /usr/local/bin/atsadc /var/log/atsar/atsa`date +%d` Note that this entry is written to the /etc/rc.d/init.d/atsar file. The shell-script atsa1 is used to collect and store data in the binary file /var/log/atsar/atsadd where dd is the current day of the month. The arguments t and n cause records to be written n times at an interval of t seconds, or once if omitted. Furthermore this script takes care that log-files older than a week are removed once a day. A file containing following entries should be added to the /etc/cron.d directory to produce records every 20 minutes during working hours and hourly otherwise: 0 * * * 0-6 root /usr/local/bin/atsa1 20,40 8-17 * * 1-5 root /usr/local/bin/atsa1 See crontab(1) for details. The shell-script atsaftp counts the new transfers registered in the FTP-logfile(s) since the previous time this script was activated; the new counters are stored in the /var/log/atsar/ftpstat file in ASCII-format. The names of the FTP-logfiles to be watched are specified in the /etc/atsar.conf configuration-file. The shell-script atsahttp counts the new transfers registered in the HTTP-logfile(s) since the previous time this script was activated; the new counters are stored in the /var/log/atsar/httpstat file in ASCII-format. The names of the HTTP-logfiles to be watched are specified in the /etc/atsar.conf configuration-file. Both scripts must be activated just before the program atsadc is started, which also collects these counters. FILES
/var/log/atsar/atsadd Daily data file, where dd are digits representing the day of the month. SEE ALSO
atsar(1), crontab(1) AUTHOR
Gerlof Langeveld, AT Computing (gerlof@ATComputing.nl) AT Computing July 2004 ATSADC(1)