Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNDELETE a file
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users UNDELETE a file Post 302278009 by agentrnge on Monday 19th of January 2009 03:40:05 AM
Old 01-19-2009
Yeah it worked like a champ. Turns out I panicked and actually DID copy the files i thought I lost. I guess burning the candle on 2 ends 4 sides and behind will cloud one's judgment.

Anyways. the GC sec tool worked well. It pulled stuff off the disk I had long forgotten about.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

undelete

Hi All, I just given $rm abc.pc, I don't have backup also. is there any way to recover? thanks in advance krishna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Undelete files

Right, a mate of mine screwed up today and deleted the entire contents of a directory and he really needs to get the files back. He's using Red Hat Enterprise Edition 4. The files were deleted using rm *. He can't remember if the hard drive was formatted using ext2 or ext3. Anybody have any idea... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bacchus
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Undelete files in Unix

Hi Is there any way to restore files accidentally deleted in Unix (other than rm -i) (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: misenkiser
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to undelete

Hi Is there a way by which I can recover the last deleted file file from a folder. OR I had a file in a path .(i didnt notice the size at that time ) I tried ftp that file to my windows but got file of zero size. I want to check whether the file was already empty when I tried ftping it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pratim09
1 Replies

5. SCO

Versioning through undelete

Hi , I am using SCO openserver realease 3.2 and tried to test versioning on a directory with undelete -s . The command executes well but it is not creating any versions of the files in it. I have also setted versioning options via filesystem and then remounted it but of ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dextergenious
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies

8. Solaris

Undelete, backup inodes

is there a way to backup all inodes? (could that help with undeleting files?) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
seeksize.d(1m)							   USER COMMANDS						    seeksize.d(1m)

NAME
seeksize.d - print disk event seek report. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
seeksize.d DESCRIPTION
seeksize.d is a simple DTrace program to print a report of disk event seeks by process. This can be used to identify whether processes are accessing the disks in a "random" or "sequential" manner. Sequential is often desirable, indicated by mostly zero length seeks. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. EXAMPLES
Sample until Ctrl-C is hit then print report, # seeksize.d FIELDS
PID process ID CMD command and argument list value distance in disk blocks (sectors) count number of I/O operations DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
seeksize.d will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
iosnoop(1M), bitesize.d(1M), dtrace(1M) version 0.95 May 14, 2005 seeksize.d(1m)