Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris fmthard showing error with prtvtoc Post 302277712 by seg on Saturday 17th of January 2009 02:59:54 PM
Old 01-17-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarmani
I did manual slicing . Do i have to newfs these slices before putting them into volumes
Go ahead and newfs the slice.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Interface not showing : Xview error

Hi I'm having a big trouble running a configuration tool (ftamtool) which uses xview on sunos 5.8, it refuses to start and says: XView error: could not load font 'FONT_FAMILY_SANS_SERIF... How to force the program to use installed fonts and where are fonts installed available to use ? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
0 Replies

2. Solaris

mailx -s is showing an error

Error is like /users/d12381/check.sh: mail_sysadmin@mycompany: not found Plz help me to sort out this issue (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
6 Replies

3. Solaris

prtvtoc command

If i have diks layout like below 0 root wm 0 - 634 471.29MB (635/0/0) 965200 1 var wm 635 - 2014 1.00GB (1380/0/0) 2097600 2 backup wm 0 - 2732 1.98GB (2733/0/0) 4154160 3 swap wu 2015 - 2704 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tpx99
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Error alert keep showing at console

Hi, I would like to ask for your help. I tried to log in through console to my server HP-UX 10.20 but I keep receiving error message as below: Vxfs: mesg 001: vx_nospace -/dev/vg02/lvol6 file system full Vxfs: mesg 001: vx_nospace - /dev/vg02/lvol9 file system full How should I stop this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeazas
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Output from prtvtoc

Hi All, when i run the command prtvtoc the output shows 38309 cylinders 38307 accessible cylinders as per my undertanding the 1st cylinder is used for storing the vtoc , how about the second cylinder ? where its used and for what purpose? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

command showing error

Hi, I have an command which find the files modified within last 8 days and then after selecting the files from the location it make the tar format and send it to the specified destination ...now I want that this task to be automative ..that is it should happen after every 5 minutes ...for that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH SAXENA
3 Replies

7. Solaris

fmthard error

Hello, I have a X86 server (solaris 10) with 4 similar disks. One of these 4 disks is the root disk. I need to create a mirror disk to the root disk and two hot spares using the remaining 3 disks. However, when I use the fmthard commad, I am getting the below error: root@xxxxxxxx>prtvtoc... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Showing error

if ; then rm -rf "${x}"_"${y}"_abc_pqr.dat error: `then' unmatchedCan anyone please help me in correcting it. Please use code tags next time for your code and data. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: D_Sethi
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Prtvtoc not working

Hi, I am trying to mirror a disk (which was already mirror and after breaking it, doing it again). This is root disk and in control of veritas. Somehow, slice information is not coming correctly on this. Can somebody give some pointer to fix it ? root@tdrp091:/root# prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c3t0d0s2 |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Copied prtvtoc to original disk

Hi, It is Solaris-10 with ZFS. c0t1d0 is original disk. c0t0d0 was faulty disk, which was replaced with new one and by mistake somebody ran opposite command # prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0 | fmthard -s - /dev/rdsk/c0t1d0s0 Now rpool is in suspended state. Right now server is up, but allowing ssh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies
MKFS(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   MKFS(8)

NAME
mkfs - construct a file system SYNOPSIS
/sbin/mkfs [ -i bytes ] [ -s size ] [ -m gap ] [ -n modulus ] special DESCRIPTION
N.B.: file systems are normally created with the newfs(8) command. Mkfs constructs a file system by writing on the special file special. The size of the filesystem in logical blocks is specified by the -s size option. Logical blocks are 1K (2 sectors) under 2.11BSD. NOTE: The newfs(8) program's -s option is in units of sectors. Newfs(8) converts this to filesystem (logical) blocks for mkfs(8). The number of inodes is calculated based on the argument bytes to the -i option. The default is 4096. If more inodes are desired in a filesystem (there is an absolute maximum of 65500) then a lower value for bytes should be used, perhaps 3072 or even 2048. The flags -m gap and -n modulus determine the block interleaving of the freelist that will be constructed, where gap is the distance between successive 1024-byte blocks, and modulus is the number of blocks before the pattern repeats, typically one cylinder. The optimal values for these parameters vary with the speed and geometry of the disk, as well as the speed of the processor. Newfs(8) will calculate the correct values in almost all cases from the disklabel. SEE ALSO
fs(5), dir(5), disklabel(8), fsck(8), mkproto(8) newfs(8) BUGS
The lost+found directory is created but the boot block is left uninitialized (see disklabel(8).) 3rd Berkeley Distribution November 16, 1996 MKFS(8)