Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What does this error message mean? Post 302277499 by mojoman on Friday 16th of January 2009 01:56:29 PM
Old 01-16-2009
What does this error message mean?

I was reviewing logs and I got this error message in /var/log/messages:

Did not receive identification string from (IP ADDRESS)

What does it mean?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error message

Hi All, occasionally my server gives this error messages "NOTICE:HTFS Out of inodes on HTFS dev hd (1/42)" why ?? Alice. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisev
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Message

Hi everyone, Can anyone explain what the following error refers to...and perhaps a solution? vxfs: vx_nospace -/tmp file system full (8 block extent) Thanks, Uni (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uni
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error message

I'm getting an error - symbol referencing errors. No output written to, etc Can anybody tell me why this is? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dan Rooney
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Error message

Hi, My Solaris 5.8 system keeps getting this error at boot - "Can't set vol root to /vol" then /usr/sbin/vold: can't set vol root to /vol: Resource temporarily unavailiable Any idea what is wrong, and how do I fix it? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghuber
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error message

Hi, My Solaris 5.8 system keeps getting this error at boot - "Can't set vol root to /vol" then /usr/sbin/vold: can't set vol root to /vol: Resource temporarily unavailiable Any idea what is wrong, and how do I fix it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghuber
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting last error message

Question for unix programmers - what function I need to used to get the exact error message when the library failed to load? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tttttt
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error message

I am new to scripting. I am using the following script . BART.dat contains the string 'Y' . #!/bin/ksh cd /work/TCI/data_out file=`cat BART.dat` echo "$file" if ; then echo "true" fi When i am executing the above script i am getting the following error ./s.ksh: : not found ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Message

What does this means? - ERROR OPENING FILE - KEY LENGHT MISMATCH (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RDM00
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Message

I keep getting an error message in a script im writing, this line is allways pointed out. if and this is the message i keep getting. line 32: [: 8: unary operator expected Whats wrong with it? Please Help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chapmana
5 Replies
BGPD(8) 							   Version 0.88 							   BGPD(8)

NAME
bgpd - a BGPv4, BGPv4+, BGPv4- routing engine for use with Zebra SYNOPSIS
bgpd [ -dhpPv ] [ -f config-file ] [ -i pid-file ] [ -p bgp-port-number ] [ --bgp_port=port-number ] [ -P vty-port-number ] DESCRIPTION
bgpd is a routing component that works with the zebra routing engine. OPTIONS
-d, --daemon Runs in daemon mode, forking and exiting from tty. -f, --config-file config-file Specifies the config file to use for startup. If not specified this option will likely default to /usr/local/etc/bgpd.conf. -h, --help A brief message. -i, --pid_file pid-file When bgpd starts its process idenifier is written to pid-file. The init system uses the recorded PID to stop or restart bgpd. The likely default is /var/run/bgpd.pid. -p, --bgp_port=port Set the port that bgpd will listen to for bgp data. -P, --vty_port port-number Specify the port that the bgpd VTY will listen on. This defaults to 2605, as specified in /etc/services. -r, --retain When the program terminates, retain routes added by bgpd. -v, --version Print the version and exit. COMMANDS
router zebra -- (Move routes into kernel table) router bgp [AS-NUMBER] bgp router-id [BGP-ROUTER-ID] network [NETWORK] area [BGP-AREA-ID] no network [NETWORK] aggregate-address [NETWORK] neighbor [PEER-IP-ADDRESS] remote-as [REMOTE-AS] neighbor [PEER-IP-ADDRESS] version [ 4 | 4+ | 4- ] neighbor [PEER-IP-ADDRESS] description no neighbor [PEER-IP-ADDRESS] description neighbor [PEER-IP-ADDRESS] route-map [in | out] neighbor [PEER-IP-ADDRESS] distribute-list [in | out] neighbor [PEER-IP-ADDRESS] next-hop-self neighbor [PEER-IP-ADDRESS] weight [WEIGHT] neighbor [PEER-IP-ADDRESS] default-originate neighbor [PEER-IP-ADDRESS] ebgp-multihop neighbor [PEER-IP-ADDRESS] shutdown no neighbor [PEER-IP-ADDRESS] shutdown clear ip bgp [PEER-IP-ADDRESS] show ip bgp [NETWORK] show ip bgp reg-exp [AS-REGEXP] show ip bgp summary show ip bgp neighbor [PEER-IP-ADDRESS] show ip bgp route show debug debug bgp debug event debug update debug keepalive no debug event no debug update no debug keepalive FILES
/usr/local/sbin/bgpd The default location of the bgpd binary. /usr/local/etc/bgpd.conf The default location of the bgpd config file. $(PWD)/bgpd.log If the bgpd process is config'd to output logs to a file, then you will find this file in the directory where you started bgpd. WARNING
This man page is intended as a quick reference for command line options, and for config file commands. The definitive document is the Info file zebra. DIAGNOSTICS
The bgpd process may log to standard output, to a VTY, to a log file, or through syslog to the system logs. bgpd supports many debugging options, see the Info file, or the source for details. SEE ALSO
References to other related man pages: ripd(8), ripngd(8), ospfd(8), ospf6d(8), zebra(8), vtysh(1) BUGS
bgpd eats bugs for breakfast. If you have food for the maintainers try <bug-zebra@gnu.org> AUTHOR
[S] See <www.zebra.org>, or the Info file for an accurate list of authors. Zebra Beast - BGPD July 2000 BGPD(8)