Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris OpenSolaris 5.11 on _x86 architecture Post 302277049 by aggadtech08 on Thursday 15th of January 2009 09:23:41 AM
Old 01-15-2009
HEy More information about my hardware where I am installing

I hope that watching this attached files the someone could saidme what is the booting problem that is showing the Sun10 process of booting....

Thank Again to everybody.

AG
OpenSolaris 5.11 on _x86 architecture-pant_1jpg
OpenSolaris 5.11 on _x86 architecture-pant_2jpg
OpenSolaris 5.11 on _x86 architecture-pant_3jpg
OpenSolaris 5.11 on _x86 architecture-pant_4jpg

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX box architecture

Hi Gurus, I am new to UNIX environment. We have our DataStage tool installed on UNIX box.We have Dev,test and Prod environments.The architecrue is as given below. Now my problem is I am not able to know what is meant by Physical name,Logical name,Cluster etc. also we need to do failover in case a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratyusha
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Problems installing OpenSolaris on _X86 platform

Hey Guys. I am trying to install OpenSolaris 5.11 on _X86 platform in a BladeCenter H chasis of IBM. Afetr Booting with the CDROM the install process send a PROBES FOR DEVICES NODES messages and goes to the follow state..... Please see the attach. If someone have installed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to know the architecture of the machine

Hi, Is there any command to know whether the machine 64 bit or 32 bit? now I am using "uname -p" for this purpose but I want a straight command if it is there. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A question about Unix Architecture.

I want to know the memory capacity and types of memories, processor and more... What kind of aplications this OS attends? Archicture/system classification (Hybrid, monolithic, multitasking, micro-kernel, layered, Another..? Explain it to me... I really need to understand and know that. Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlissonManson
3 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Dpkg architecture

I noticed dpkg reporting architecture as AMD64, but the h/w is Intel, see below: ~$ uname -a Linux XXX 3.2.0-29-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 27 17:03:23 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux ~$ lshw | grep -i xeon WARNING: you should run this program as super-user. PCI (sysfs) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
2 Replies
isohybrid(1)						      General Commands Manual						      isohybrid(1)

NAME
isohybrid -- Post-process an ISO 9660 image generated with mkisofs or genisoimage to allow hybrid booting as a CD-ROM or as a hard disk. SYNOPSIS
isohybrid [OPTIONS] <boot.iso> DESCRIPTION
The isohybrid utility modifies a an ISO 9660 image generated with mkisofs, genisoimage, or compatible utilities, to be bootable as a CD-ROM or as a hard disk. OPTIONS
-h <X> Number of default geometry heads -s <X> Number of default geometry sectors -e <X>, --entry <X> Specify parititon entry number (1-4) -o <X>, --offset <X> Specify partition offset (default 0) -t <X>, --type <X> Specify MBR ID (default random) -u, --uefi Build EFI bootable image -m, --mac Add Apple File Protocol partition table support --forcehd0 Assume we are laoded as disk ID 0 --ctrlhd0 Assume disk ID 0 if the Ctrl key is pressed --partok Allow booting from within a partition -?, --help Display help -v, --verbose Display verbose output -V, --version Display version information SEE ALSO
mkisofs(1) isohybrid 17 Jan 2014 isohybrid(1)