Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: random RAM question
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions random RAM question Post 302275049 by THM on Friday 9th of January 2009 04:31:37 AM
Old 01-09-2009
random RAM question

Random question.

32 bit windows can't address more the 4 gb of RAM, right.
So if you have 4gb of “normal” RAM and 1 gb graphics card window only find 3gb of “normal” ram + your graphics card
following on from this
If you where to put 2 graphics card with 2gb of ram on them each, what would windows do?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Athlon XP + Linux/Unix? and RAM Question

Has anyone had any experience with this new processor and its compatability with Linux/Unix? How did it preform comared to regular Athlons and P4's? I also have one other question. I plan on buying a new dell and fiddling left and right with it. Which type of RAM is better, RDRAM or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KyPeN
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Total ram

Hi How can i find the total ram in the system? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: orca
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

low RAM

Hy, I've an 486 dx2 laptop an I want to run unix on it, the problem is it has only 4 megabytes of ram, so my question is; does anybody know an unix based OS which runs with only 4 mb? thanx (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: counTnegaTive
7 Replies

4. Red Hat

red hat Linux 5.0 is detecting 3gb ram but physical ram is 16gb

Hi, On server 64bit Hw Arch , Linux 5.0(32bit) is installed it is showing only 3gb of ram though physical is 16gb can u give me idea why? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Out of swap but RAM available

Hi all, The environment we're using is a T5440 running Solaris 10 LDOMs and zones configured within the LDOM. The LDOM has 32Gb of RAM and 32Gb of swap. Last week, we had an issue where the MQ server on zone 3 crashed as it ran out of swap, apparently caused by zone 2 usage. I understand that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
7 Replies

6. Ubuntu

expect script for random password and random commands

Hi I am new to expect. Please if any one can help on my issue its really appreciable. here is my issue: I want expect script for random passwords and random commands generation. please can anyone help me? Many Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

$RANDOM question

I want to generate a random number between 1 and 22. I believe that the variable $RANDOM generates numbers in the inverval 1-32767. How do I generate a random integer within a specific interval? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Ram not utilizing

We are using oracle database on solaris 10 sparc 64 bit on M5000 machine. we facing performance related issues. We diagnose using prstat -a command that oracle user not utilizing the ram more than 30 gb total we have 64 gb ram available as in project max-shm-memory set to 42 gb . We are running... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeeshan047
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to generate a file with random data. /dev/[u]random doesn't exist.

Need to use dd to generate a large file from a sample file of random data. This is because I don't have /dev/urandom. I create a named pipe then: dd if=mynamed.fifo do=myfile.fifo bs=1024 count=1024 but when I cat a file to the fifo that's 1024 random bytes: cat randomfile.txt >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
7 Replies
pilot-getram(1) 						    PILOT-LINK							   pilot-getram(1)

NAME
pilot-getram - Retrieves the RAM image from your Palm device for use in debugging. SECTION
pilot-link: Tools SYNOPSIS
pilot-getram [-p|--port <port>] [--version] [-q|--quiet] [-?|--help] [--usage] [-t|--token token] [-s|--sysinfo] [--ram] [--rom] [file- name] DESCRIPTION
pilot-getram is used to fetch the current RAM image from your Palm handheld for use in debugging. pilot-getromtoken, pilot-getrom and pilot-getram are inter-related. All relevant code is implemented in pilot-getrom, and you can do pilot-getromtoken --ram filename to get the RAM dump if you like. Note, because pilot-getrom uses the low-level RPC protocol to fetch the ROM image, and the new OS5 devices do not use this protocol, you currently cannot fetch an OS5 ROM image using this utility. This will be updated in a future release to handle fetching OS5 ROM images, using the debugger protocol. OPTIONS
pilot-getram options -t, --token token A ROM token to read (i.e. snum) -s, --sysinfo Print SysInfo --ram Read RAM --rom Read ROM <filename> Write the RAM image to the file named by <filename>. If this is omitted, the filename will be written out as the RAM version name as fol- lows: ' pilot-$VERSION.ram ', where an OS 3.5 image would be written as the filename of 'pilot-3.5.0.ram'. Conduit Options -p, --port <port> Use device file <port> to communicate with the Palm handheld. If this is not specified, pilot-getram will look for the $PILOTPORT environ- ment variable. If neither are found or supplied, pilot-getram will print the usage information. -q, --quiet Suppress 'Hit HotSync button' message -v, --version Display version of pilot-getram and exit without connecting. Help Options -h, --help Display the help synopsis for pilot-getram and exit without connecting. --usage Display a brief usage message and exit without connecting. USAGE
Connect to a target Palm handheld and fetch the RAM from the device. AUTHOR
pilot-getram was originally written by Kenneth Albanowski. This manual page was converted to XML by Neil Williams <linux@codehelp.co.uk> REPORTING BUGS
We have an online bug tracker. Using this is the only way to ensure that your bugs are recorded and that we can track them until they are resolved or closed. Reporting bugs via email, while easy, is not very useful in terms of accountability. Please point your browser to http://bugs.pilot-link.org: http://bugs.pilot-link.org and report your bugs and issues there. COPYRIGHT
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA. SEE ALSO
pilot-getrom (1), pilot-link(7). 0.12.5 Copyright 1996-2007 FSF pilot-getram(1)