Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sendmail.cf goes missing & other things Post 302274097 by LisaS on Tuesday 6th of January 2009 04:30:28 PM
Old 01-06-2009
It looks like (probably) an sftp user/process signed on and dropped a file in the root filesystem that caused it to fill from ~80% to 100%
our monitoring service was alerted and deleted the file - but not before we got a core dropped in / root directory. Definitely something dropped a file there.

Still not clear what made the sendmail.cf file disappear though - the tech that cleaned up the file also trimmed the logs while he was on but nothing about /etc/mail/sendmail.cf

so that is still a mystery to be solved.

The core file has been sent to HP to see what they can make of it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Sendmail & mail.local + MySQL API

I've searched this message board, and the newgroups THOROUGHLY, in search of any information towards implenting the MySQL API with C... I'm a "beginner" to the C language I suppose, and i've made a few functions in C that can be implemented into the source code of Sendmail/mail.local, so that any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CGrusden19
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

Unable to install & configure Sendmail

Hi All • Regarding installing sendmail pkg in server, I tried to install the pkg but getting the below errors as shown below - any idea on this? • But I have successfully installed sendmail-cf pkg in the server box • But that is not sufficient we also need to install sendmail pkg • Help is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaha
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Sendmail & SMTP

I have searched this forum extensively and can't seem to find a workable solution to my sendmail issue, but that could be down to my own lack of knowledge so please bear with me... I am using a Sun Solaris 9 box to try and send e-mail to external addresses. The Unix box is not an e-mail server.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenLynch
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with sendmail procmail spamassasin & relay

I have been working on setting up a mail relay. I have just about everything working except for the procmail part. The configuration is as follows: Internet -> mailrelay -> mail server | spamassassin server I have spamassassin running on a seperate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hardesty
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Sendmail (& attachment)

Hi, This is my first thread. Iam trying the following: OS: Sun Database: DB2, Informix, Oracle * Get the status of the database (using database command line options) * pipe to a text file * send mail of the text file to receiptents. TODO1: First step i tried to send a test message.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenkanya
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Few things related to HBA port & fcinfo command

Hi Gurus I need to know few things related to HBA port & fcinfo command I have a server where there are 4 HBA ports cards are their. Out of 4 ports 2 are in use & 2 are not in use when I check it physicall. Now I want to know the command through which I can get information about all above... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

/etc/aliases & Sendmail

I've recently migrated a Solaris 10 server, to Redhat. I've migrated all my crons & scripts and now I'm attempting to set all the aliases, to send to the appropriate accounts. I have a particular user defined in /etc/aliases, however, when a particular script is ran in cron, I do not receive any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find list of files missing read & execute permission

Hi, I'm writing a post-upgrade script and I want to find which files don't have read and execute to everyone. I can run a find . ! -perm, but then I have to use a list of the possible permissions (777,775, 755 etc). Is there a more elegant solution? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Catullus
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail - Attachments & Subjects

Hi All, Not been around in a while. However I have been all over tinternet (google) for days looking for a solution. Where I work has decided to use Sendmail on our Linux and Unix estate for sending emails via scripts. So I am hoping to eventually get a working solution for Sendmail and not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakelly
3 Replies
POSTQUEUE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      POSTQUEUE(1)

NAME
postqueue - Postfix queue control SYNOPSIS
postqueue [-c config_dir] -f postqueue [-c config_dir] -p postqueue [-c config_dir] -s site DESCRIPTION
The postqueue program implements the Postfix user interface for queue management. It implements all the operations that are traditionally available via the sendmail(1) command. The following options are recognized: -c config_dir The main.cf configuration file is in the named directory instead of the default configuration directory. See also the MAIL_CONFIG environment setting below. -f Flush the queue: attempt to deliver all queued mail. This option implements the traditional sendmail -q command, by contacting the Postfix qmgr(8) daemon. -p Produce a traditional sendmail-style queue listing. This option implements the traditional mailq command, by contacting the Postfix showq(8) daemon. -s site Schedule immediate delivery of all mail that is queued for the named site. The site must be eligible for the "fast flush" service. See flush(8) for more information about the "fast flush" service. This option implements the traditional sendmail -qRsite command, by contacting the Postfix flush(8) daemon. -v Enable verbose logging for debugging purposes. Multiple -v options make the software increasingly verbose. SECURITY
This program is designed to run with set-group ID privileges, so that it can connect to Postfix daemon processes. DIAGNOSTICS
Problems are logged to syslogd(8) and to the standard error stream. ENVIRONMENT
MAIL_CONFIG Directory with the main.cf file. In order to avoid exploitation of set-group ID privileges, it is not possible to specify arbitrary directory names. A non-standard directory is allowed only if the name is listed in the standard main.cf file, in the alternate_config_directories configuration parameter value. Only the super-user is allowed to specify arbitrary directory names. FILES
/var/spool/postfix, mail queue /etc/postfix, configuration files CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS
import_environment List of names of environment parameters that can be imported from non-Postfix processes. queue_directory Top-level directory of the Postfix queue. This is also the root directory of Postfix daemons that run chrooted. fast_flush_domains List of domains that will receive "fast flush" service (default: all domains that this system is willing to relay mail to). This list specifies the domains that Postfix accepts in the SMTP ETRN request and in the sendmail -qR command. SEE ALSO
sendmail(8) sendmail-compatible user interface qmgr(8) queue manager showq(8) list mail queue flush(8) fast flush service LICENSE
The Secure Mailer license must be distributed with this software. AUTHOR(S) Wietse Venema IBM T.J. Watson Research P.O. Box 704 Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA POSTQUEUE(1)