Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming pass a pointer-to-pointer, or return a pointer? Post 302274090 by Corona688 on Tuesday 6th of January 2009 04:04:28 PM
Old 01-06-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock
For an embedded system where resources are scarce you are better off mallocing that block of memory in main.
I think it's just an example. An embedded system often has no OS at all, very few libraries, and do-it-yourself memory management.

Last edited by Corona688; 01-06-2009 at 05:10 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

pointer

void main() { int a={1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10}; int *p=a; int *q=&a; cout<<q-p+1<<endl; } The output is 10, how? if we give cout<<q it will print the address, value won't print.... if we give cout<<p it will print the address, value won't print.... p has the base addr; q... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarwan
1 Replies

2. Programming

Regarding char Pointer

Hi, char *s="yamaha"; cout<<s<<endl; int *p; int i=10; p=&i; cout<<p<<endl; 1) For the 1st "cout" we will get "yamaha" as output. That is we are getting "content of the address" for cout<<s. 2) But for integer "cout<<p" we are getting the "address only". Please clarify how we are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweta
2 Replies

3. Programming

pointer problem

could any one tell why the following is showing segmentation fault while using **ptr but working fine using **a #include<stdio.h> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

4. Programming

far pointer

what is far pointer in C (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

5. Programming

How to return void function pointer

Hello all im trying to build function that will return void function pointer what is mean is ( not working ) the main function void * myClass::getFunction(int type){ if(type==1) return &myClass::Test1; if(type==2) return &myClass::Test2; } void myClass::Test1(){... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

6. Programming

matrix pointer

Can anyone tell me what the following statements do? float (*tab); tab=(float (*)) calloc(MAXCLASS, (MAXCLASS+1)*sizeof(float)); (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleboyblu
3 Replies

7. Programming

Pointer Arithmetic In C

I have a fundamental question on C pointer arithmetry.. Suppose i have a c string pointer already pointing to a valid location, Can I just do a charptr = charptr +1; to get to the next location, irregardless if my program is 32 or 64 bits? or should i do it this way: charptr =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Leion
1 Replies

8. Programming

Pointer to pointers

Hi guys, I'm trying to understand pointers in C and made a simple example and I've problems with It. Can someone help? #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <assert.h> int f1(char **str_); int main(int argc, char **argv) { char *str = NULL; f1(&str); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharaoh
3 Replies

9. Programming

Pointer for 2D array seems to be 3D in C

I am struggling with the pointer to 2D-array (cf: 2D array of pointers). Can anybody help me elaborate how the pointer x moves in the memory to access the individual of y, especially the high lighted lines? I have talked to one of the curators of the forum, but I am still not quite clear. Here... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies

10. Programming

Segmentation fault when I pass a char pointer to a function in C.

I am passing a char* to the function "reverse" and when I execute it with gdb I get: Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. 0x000000000040083b in reverse (s=0x400b2b "hello") at pointersExample.c:72 72 *q = *p; Attached is the source code. I do not understand why... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jose_spain
9 Replies
efdaemon(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      efdaemon(1M)

NAME
efdaemon - embedded FCode interpreter daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/efcode/sparcv9/efdaemon [-d] DESCRIPTION
efdaemon, the embedded FCode interpreter daemon, invokes the embedded FCode interpreter when the daemon receives an interpretation request. A new session of the interpreter is started for each unique request by invoking the script /usr/lib/efcode/efcode. efdaemon is used on selected platforms as part of the processing of some dynamic reconfiguration events. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -d Set debug output. Log debug messages as LOG_DEBUG level messages by using syslog(). See syslog(3C). FILES
/dev/fcode FCode interpreter pseudo device, which is a portal for receipt of FCode interpretation requests /usr/lib/efcode/efcode Shell script that invokes the embedded FCode interpreter /usr/lib/efcode/interpreter Embedded FCode interpreter /usr/lib/efcode/sparcv9/interpreter Embedded FCode interpreter ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWefcx, SUNWefcux, SUNWefcr, SUNWefclx | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), prtconf(1M), svcadm(1M), syslog(3C), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The efdaemon service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/platform/sun4u/efdaemon:default Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.11 10 Aug 2004 efdaemon(1M)