Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print Selection of Line between two Identifiers. Post 302273659 by Ikon on Monday 5th of January 2009 12:20:10 PM
Old 01-05-2009
Try this:
Code:
# cat somefile | awk -F '[START1]' 'BEGIN{RS="[END1]"; OFS="\n"; ORS=""} {print $2}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare multiple fields in file1 to file2 and print line and next line

Hello, I have two files that I need to compare and print out the line from file2 that has the first 6 fields matching the first 6 fields in file1. Complicating this are the following restrictions 1. file1 is only a few thousand lines at most and file2 is greater than 2 million 2. I need to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillesc_mac
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

List of common identifiers

Hi all, I have 4 file and I want to find the common identifier in each file. For example: FILE1 goat door bear cat FILE2 goat moose dog cat FILE3 goat yak tiger (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print selection of line based on line number

Hi Unix gurus Basically i am searching for the pattern and getting the line numbers of the grepped pattern. I am trying to print the series of lines from 7 lines before the grepped line number to the grepped line number. I am trying to use the following code. but it is not working. cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanm
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print pipe separated list as line by line in Korn Shell

Korn Shell in AIX 6.1 I want to print the below shown pipe (|) separated list line by line. line=es349889|nhb882309|ts00293|snh03524|bg578835|bg37900|rnh00297|py882201|sg175883 for i in line do echo "Hello $line " done I wanted to execute the above for loop. But i can't even set the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: polavan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut a line into different fields based on identifiers

cat fileanme.txt custom1=, custom2=, userPulseId=3005, accountPolicyId=1, custom3=, custom4=, homeLocationId=0, i need to make the fields appear in next line based on identifier (,) ie comma so output should read cat fileanme.txt custom1=, custom2=, userPulseId=3005, ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
8 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Lex: analyzing a C file and printing out identifiers and line numbers they're found on

Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL USA, Dr. Whalley, COP4342 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a lex specification file that reads a C source program that ignores keywords and collects all identifiers (regular variable names) and also displays the line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: D2K
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print previous line of multiple pattern matched line?

Hello, I have below format log file, Comparing csv_converted_files/2201/9747.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv and csv_converted_files/22019/97447.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv Comparing csv_converted_files/2559/9447.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindshukla81
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find line then evaluate text on next line, print when condition is met

Hello, I am looking for a specific situation in a text file. The conditions are, > <CompoundName> InChI=1S/C5H12NO2/c1-5(2)4-8-6(3)7/h5H,4H2,1-3H3/q+1 I am looking for cases where the line "> <CompoundName>" is followed by a line that contains the string "InChI=" without regard to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

selection particular number of line from a bunch by user defined limits.

hello i am having a file having a matrix as the following 4.1 5.5 6.55 7.2 8.2 1.002 i am having around 1 lakh rows, now i need a program in which i show give min x and min y and min z values and as well as max x max y max z, the values between these minimun and maximum values should be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charan pattabhi
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Reading a file line by line and print required lines based on pattern

Hi All, i want to write a shell script read below file line by line and want to exclude the lines which contains empty value for MOUNTPOINT field. i am using centos 7 Operating system. want to read below file. # cat /tmp/d5 NAME="/dev/sda" TYPE="disk" SIZE="60G" OWNER="root"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
4 Replies
GETPTYPE(3)						       MBK UTILITY FUNCTIONS						       GETPTYPE(3)

NAME
getptype - retrieve a ptype from a ptype_list ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr SYNOPSYS
#include "mut.h" ptype_list *getptype(pthead,type) ptype_list *pthead; long type; PARAMETERS
pthead Pointer to a ptype list type Flag indicating the pointer owner DESCRIPTION
getptype looks for a ptype element in the list pointed to by pthead. RETURN VALUE
getptype returns a pointer to the ptype that match the type. Be careful, it is not the ptype->DATA that is returned. If no ptype has the given type, then NULL is returned. EXAMPLE
#include "mut.h" #include "mph.h" void get_corner(ptfig, name, x2, y2) phfig_list *ptfig; char *name; int *x2, *y2; { phins_list *i = getphins(ptfig, name); ptype_list *p = getptype(i->USER, (long)PLACEABOX); *x2 = (num_list *)(p->DATA)->DATA; *y2 = (num_list *)(p->DATA)->NEXT->DATA; } SEE ALSO
mbk(1), ptype(3), addptype(3), freeptype(3), delptype(3). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 GETPTYPE(3)