Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix mailx question.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix mailx question. Post 302273055 by nshah on Friday 2nd of January 2009 12:14:00 PM
Old 01-02-2009
mailx -s "mail test" xxx@yyy.com < /dev/null

Below is the message that I got in outlook(my email account).

To: xxx@yyy.com
Cc:
Subject: mail test

So basically from field is empty/missing.

Thanks,
Nishit.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mailx question

Hy all One application has a script with this line : /usr/bin/mailx -f..... - etc etc .... is there any option to set the charset to various value while using mailx ?? thanks in advance Olivier (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivier
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx question

Hi-- My question is why won't this line of code work in the UNIX script that I'm running.... echo "A MESSAGE ON $todaysdate." | ${SYSBIN}/mailx -s "TEST EMAIL" email address (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greenguy5
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx and uuencode question

I have this code below that works well. I also want to attach a logfile to the email. The first part of this code is the body of the email. echo "The size of $dirname/$f1 size = $f1size, and $dirname/$f2 = $f2size'" | mailx -s "Error with file sizes on $HOST Server" xyz@company.com ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on mailx

Hello there: I want to send an e-mail from AIX using mailx. I'm executing the following script (-> witch doesn't work's): ----------------------------------------------- #!/bin/sh echo "<html><body><a href="http://www.myhomepage.com">Link</a></body></html>" >> LOG sleep 5 !... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Felix2511
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

MAILX question

Hello, I am using the following mailx command wich works well. I want to also include output from a log file in the mail body. How can this be done? echo `date +"%m/%d/%Y %T"` "$P: The Purge Routine Has Started." | mailx -s "The Purge RoutineHas Started: `date`" $EMAIL This script is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx question

hello in the middle of my sh script, I am using mailx like this: mailx -s "Sybase Installation on $i" x@abc.com < /net/share/shared/install.output.$i "i" stands for the remote server such as SIROE I am expecting to receive an email with subject "Sybase Installation on SIROE" and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

question regarding mailx

I have some scripts that send out email alerts using mailx. the email looks like it is coming from the unix ID and server that is sending the email. I am wondering if there is a way through mailx to have the mail still look like it is coming from the unix id and server sending the message,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayjabour
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another mailx question

I have a script that runs every night that is supposed to send a log file to a list of email addresses. When I run this command from the command prompt, it works successfully: mailx -s "Filename to send" "`cat email.address`" < $outfile The email.address file contains the list of email... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Drenhead
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx Question

I am using mailx command. It works fine. And the receiver gets 'From' information as MySelf@Sent_server. This 'Sent_server' is picked up from /etc/hosts - third alias for loghost (dev.abc.ltd). The entry is as under 11.22.33.44 dev_sys dev_system dev.abc.ltd loghost The issue is that is there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another mailx question

Hi I am trying to send an html file as an attachment from AIX server and recieve it using Outlook 2007 client. I tried every possible command, such as: uuencode file file | mailx -s "subject" me@mydomain.com uuencode -m file file | mailx -s "subject" me@mydomain.com All of them give me: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
6 Replies
hp-makeuri(1)							   User Manuals 						     hp-makeuri(1)

NAME
hp-makeuri - Device URI Creation Utility DESCRIPTION
Creates device URIs for local and network connected printers for use with CUPS. SYNOPSIS
hp-makeuri [OPTIONS] [SERIAL NO.|USB ID|IP|DEVNODE] SERIAL NO.|USB ID|IP|DEVNODE USB IDs (usb only): "xxx:yyy" where xxx is the USB bus ID and yyy is the USB device ID. The ':' and all leading zeroes must be present. (Use the 'lsusb' command to obtain this information. See Note 1.) IPs (network only): IPv4 address "a.b.c.d" or "hostname" DEVNODE (parallel only): "/dev/parportX", X=0,1,2,... SERIAL NO. (usb and parallel only): "serial no." OPTIONS
To specify the port on a multi-port JetDirect: -p<port> or --port=<port> (Valid values are 1*, 2, and 3. *default) Show the CUPS URI only (quiet mode): -c or --cups Show the SANE URI only (quiet mode): -s or --sane Show the HP Fax URI only (quiet mode): -f or --fax Set the logging level: -l<level> or --logging=<level> <level>: none, info*, error, warn, debug (*default) Run in debug mode: -g (same as option: -ldebug) This help information: -h or --help EXAMPLES
USB: $ hp-makeuri 001:002 Network: $ hp-makeuri 66.35.250.209 Parallel: $ hp-makeuri /dev/parport0 USB or parallel (using serial number): $ hp-makeuri US123456789 NOTES
1. Example using 'lsusb' to obtain USB bus ID and USB device ID (example only, the values you obtain will differ) : $ lsusb Bus 003 Device 011: ID 03f0:c202 Hewlett-Packard $ hp-makeuri 003:011 (Note: You may have to run 'lsusb' from /sbin or another location. Use '$ locate lsusb' to determine this.) SEE ALSO
hp-setup AUTHOR
HPLIP (Hewlett-Packard Linux Imaging and Printing) is an HP developed solution for printing, scanning, and faxing with HP inkjet and laser based printers in Linux. REPORTING BUGS
The HPLIP Launchpad.net site https://launchpad.net/hplip is available to get help, report bugs, make suggestions, discuss the HPLIP project or otherwise contact the HPLIP Team. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2001-14 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details. Linux 5.0 hp-makeuri(1)