Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parsing a string in PERL
Top Forums Programming Parsing a string in PERL Post 302272739 by ChicagoBlues on Wednesday 31st of December 2008 03:39:17 PM
Old 12-31-2008
split is not very efficient in splitting 800 million records each having 100 fields.

- CB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help parsing a string

Hi, I'm writing a shell script that outputs, among other things, some of the information that is outputted by the mysqladmin status command. The output of the command looks like this: Uptime: 816351 Threads: 19 Questions: 80719739 Slow queries: 1419 Opens: 15903523 Flush tables: 1 Open tables:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: achieve
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl parsing compared to Ksh parsing

#! /usr/local/bin/perl -w $ip = "$ARGV"; $rw = "$ARGV"; $snmpg = "/usr/local/bin/snmpbulkget -v2c -Cn1 -Cn2 -Os -c $rw"; $snmpw = "/usr/local/bin/snmpwalk -Os -c $rw"; $syst=`$snmpg $ip system sysName sysObjectID`; sysDescr.0 = STRING: Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

String-parsing!

I need the perl solution for the following : $string="I LOVE INDIA" now, in a new string i need the first character of each word... that is string2 should be "ILN". (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_0209
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing String

Hello All, I have a case, wherein I have a string of the format "attr1=value1 attr2=value2 attr3=value3 attr4=value4" How do I extract the value associated with for a given attributename. For eg. I need to get a value of "value2" when I give an input for attribute name as "attr2". Note, each... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: msgforsunil
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String parsing

Hi, name=VDSL_TTV_ HN_SUB create coid=MA5603U phone=5678 portpolicy=APortSelectionPolicy rfu10=TTV rfu3=Dot1q sz7_portmode=VDSL2 rfu5=1234 srprofile.sy_profname=$ADSL_TTV_SubProfile1 I have a line like this. Its a single line.I need the output as name=VDSL_TTV_ HN_SUB create... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String parsing

Hi, name=VDSL_TTV_ HN_SUB create coid=MA5603U phone=5678 portpolicy=APortSelectionPolicy rfu10=TTV rfu3=Dot1q sz7_portmode=VDSL2 rfu5=1234 srprofile.sy_profname=$ADSL_TTV_SubProfile1 I have a line like this. Its a single line.I need the output as name=VDSL_TTV_ HN_SUB create... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on parsing string

for i in `cat list`;do lol=`curl -m 2 -s ${i} | grep 'class=info' | cut -d '>' -f14 | cut -d '<' -f1 | sed '/^$/d'`; if ;then echo "$i,$lol" >> dirty; echo "$i,$lol";fi; done cut: you must specify a list of bytes, characters, or fields Try `cut --help' for more information. it gave me that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: p33plime
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a long string string problem for procmail

Hi everyone, I am working on fetchmail + procmail to filter mails and I am having problem with parsing a long line in the body of the email. Could anyone help me construct a reg exp for this string below. It needs to match exactly as this string. GetRyt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwiggler
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with understanding this regex in a Perl script parsing a 'complex' string

Hi, I need some guidance with understanding this Perl script below. I am not the author of the script and the author has not leave any documentation. I supposed it is meant to be 'easy' if you're a Perl or regex guru. I am having problem understanding what regex to use :confused: The script does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
RAGRAPH(1)						      General Commands Manual							RAGRAPH(1)

NAME
ragraph - graph argus(8) data. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2000-2003 QoSient. All rights reserved. SYNOPSIS
ragraph metric [object] [-M mode] [options] [raoptions] DESCRIPTION
Ragraph reads argus(8) data from an argus-file, and graphs fields of interest from matching argus flow activity records. Current, ragraph uses rrd-tool to generate GIF formatted graphs, and so many options to rrd-tool are supported by ragraph. Ragraph supports graphing most metrics that are available in argus data. The list includes bytes, sbytes, dbytes, pkts, spkts, dpkts, trans, dur, avgdur. Ragraph also supports graphing based on multiple objects, such as the destination address or destination port values. The list currently include saddr, daddr, proto, sport, dport. By default ragraph writes its output to ragraph.gif, in the current directory. Use the '-w' raoption to specify an alternate output file- name. OPTIONS
-M <mode> - Specify the mode for printing. Current ragraph supports any arbitrary time range as a mode, specified either as a number followed by the time scale seconds(s), minutes(m), hours(h), days(d), months(M), years(y), or as a type of time, such as hourly, daily, etc. Exam- les are: -M 1s graph bins of size 1 second. -M 15m graph bins of size 15 minutes. -M hourly graph bins of size 1 hour. -M daily graph bins of size 1 day. -log Use logarithmic scale for y-axis. -fill Turn off area fill. -stack Turn off data stacking. -split Turn off axis splitting for src/dst(in/out) traffic. -height Specify height in pixels for the graph (275 pixels) -width Specify width in pixels for the graph (800 pixels) -upper Specify upper bounds for graphing data (automatic). -lower Specify lower bounds for graphing data (automatic). When data is split, you need to specify the value as a negative number. -title Specify a graph title. RA OPTIONS
Ragraph, like all ra based clients, supports a number of ra options including filtering of input argus records through a terminating filter expression, and specifying an output filename using the -w option. See ra(1) for a complete description of ra options. EXAMPLES
To graph the total load for the data in an argus-file argus.data at 10 second intervals: ragraph bytes -M 10s -r argus.data -title "Total Load" To graph the rate (pkt/sec) on a destination port basis for the data from a specific probe in an argus-file argus.data at 1 minute inter- vals: ragraph pkts dport -M 1m -r argus.data - srcid 192.168.0.10 AUTHORS
Carter Bullard (carter@qosient.com). SEE ALSO
ragraph(5), ra(1), rarc(5), argus(8) tcpdump(1), 21 July 2001 RAGRAPH(1)