Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script required to copy and delete files Post 302272180 by srnagu on Tuesday 30th of December 2008 12:27:23 AM
Old 12-30-2008
Script required to copy and delete files

Hi All,

I have written a script to ensure all my ARCHIVE files are backed up retaining the directory structure.
The Script is--

#!/bin/sh
# Script to take backup of DCS Folders
# The file locations are /ftp/edi_ftp/edi_p/dcsftp/DCS/*/ARCHIVE
DCSITIME=$(perl -e '($ss, $mm, $hh, $DD, $MM, $YY) = localtime(time());printf "%04d%02d%02d%02d%02d", $YY + 1900, $MM + 1, $DD, $hh, $mm')
mkdir /backup/proact/dcs_backup_files/OTHERS/$DCSITIME

for i in `ls -d /ftp/edi_ftp/edi_p/dcsftp/DCS/*/ARCHIVE|cut -f1,2,3,4,5,6,7 -d /`; do cp -pr $i /backup/proact/dcs_backup_files/OTHERS/$DCSITIME/; done

But my requirement is.... I need to take the backup of these files and delete only copied files from original location (Inside ARCHIVE directory there wont be any Sub directories, it will have only files). I cannot delete using normal delete because these files are very dynamic and if I use only `rm ARCHIVE/*`, I have the risk of deleting files which got created between the time of my backup and deletion. I cannot simply move the directory and recreate it because; application may fail at that point of time.

I need help to take the backup with folder structure intact (I'm able to do in the above script) and delete only copied files inside ARCHIVE Folder.

How can I do this??

Regards,

Nagu

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script required to uncompress and untar files

I need a shell script to Uncompress untar all the files present in the directory (it should Uncompress an untar files present in its sub folders also) In my work I get lots of tar files to untar and update the server, for this each time in need to type Step1) “ Uncompress xyz1-3.tar.z”... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arewe
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for searching a record,copy to a file and then delete it

Hi, I have a requirement in hand: I have a file with millions of records say file 1.I have another file, say file 2 which has 2000 records in it. The requirement is to read file2 , and remove the read record from file 1 and move i to a seperate file, file 3. For eg: Read file 2, get the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumara2010
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using RCP to copy and delete the files from Windows Drive

Hi, I have a requirement to copy the files from C drive on Windows to UNIX, once the files are copied I need to delete them from that drive (C:). A drive is also on same network as my unix, so I was asked to use RCP for copying the files. Can any one have the syntax to copy the files from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop folders, delete files, copy new ones

Folks, I am hopeful that you may be able to help me out with writing a script that can be run nightly (as cron?) to loop through all subfolders within the "/media" directory, delete all of the files in each of them, and then copy in all of the files from the "/home//sansa" directory to each of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: acraig
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script required to compare two files

HI friends, I have two files. File2 2nd column need to be compared with file1 3rd column.If ID match found, then save in different file as file1 data followed by file2. file1: No;age;id;name 1;24;37h;name1 2;22;67e;name2 4;48;9r;name3 6;67;9i8;name4 file2: exp;id;pos... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any command to delete files from source dir after SFTP copy

Hi, I am currently using SFTP 'put' command to copy all files to remote server and then delete the copied files from source directory. Can anyone help me with a single command to copy and remove files in one go? Thanks and Regards, Chetan Vyas (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetancrsp18
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to copy/rename files, then delete by date

Hi All, I am new to scripting and am looking for some assistance setting up a script. Basically I need the script to scan a folder for the newest files and make a copy of those files, adding a month to the date stamp. I also need this script to delete the previously copied files to save space.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucid13
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them

Hi My directory structure is as below. dir1, dir2, dir3 I have the list of files to be deleted in the below path as below. /staging/retain_for_2years/Cleanup/log $ ls -lrt total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nobody 256 Mar 01 16:15 01-MAR-2015_SPDBS2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files based on specific word in a file name & its extension and putting it in required location

Hello All, Since i'm relatively new in shell script need your guidance. I'm copying files manually based on a specific word in a file name and its extension and then moving it into some destination folder. so if filename contains hyr word and it has .md and .db extension; it will move to TUM/HYR... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: prajaktaraut
13 Replies
Locale::Script(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Locale::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Script(3pm)