Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris problem after adding new ide disk Post 302271813 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 28th of December 2008 10:04:40 AM
Old 12-28-2008
does it work after you unplug the new disk?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

adding disk to ultra10

I enquired before about adding another disk to an ultra 10... and was told it was possible... Well - since then I got my hands on another ultra 10 - and have taken the disk out of that one... I should be able to connect it up - but I am wondering - should this be mounted in any partiulcar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. Solaris

adding new disk to cluster

Dear all , I am new to sun cluster and i having a problem adding a disk to a disk group . My platfrom consists of a clustered E6900 SUN server and an EMC DX1000 storage . the disk group that iam trying to add the disk to is shared group , whwen i run vxdisk list i get in status "online... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
2 Replies

3. AIX

IDE DISK ERR2 and LVM SA STALEPP errors in errpt

Hi, I'm getting the errors below in the errpt report for a IBM Blade server. I'm guessing there's a problem with one of the disks but don't know how I can confirm this. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Regards Gareth (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: m223464
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

disk adding through lvm

Hi dear(s) Can u explain how to add a disk through lvm with commands. I need to add a 9 gb scsi HS disk to a Hp D class 9000 server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreekumar.R
2 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

shift hard disk from primary IDE channel to secondary IDE channal

Wellcomes All, some times ago I 've installed a Debian ditribution on an Hard Disk who was set as Primary Master. Few days ago, I 've decided to install another Hard Disk with a different Operating System. When I did that, I turned off the old hard disk, and I mouted the new one on the Primary IDE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thekarsillo
1 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Wrong BIOS IDE Settings on a SATA disk (AHCI)?

Hello, I wanted to share an experience I had today which was quite a learning experience and perhaps useful for others who may run into the issue at some point in the future. Basically, the scenario involves a OS which was installed on a machine which hardware-wise, had a SATA Drive. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: septima.pars
0 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Maximize IDE Hard Disk

Hi there! I am installing Unixware 7.1 to a new server. We usually use SCSI hard for this but since this will be used only for testing, I decided to use an 80GB IDE hard disk. I was able to successfully load the unix but found out that the 80GB hard disk was not maximized. The total hard disk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: limpinmd
1 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Adding a disk

Recently added a disk to a clariion array system, binded it as a raid 5, now I have no clue how to see it in dg-unix. I want to add it to a current filesystem, and now i'm down river without a paddle. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: danceofillusion
0 Replies

9. SCO

declare disk driver for IDE hard disk

hi I've a fresh installation of SCO 5.0.7 on the IDE hard disk. For SCSI hard disk I can declare, for example blc disk driver using: # mkdev hd 0 SCSI-0 0 blc 0but it works for IDE hard disk? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

10. AIX

Adding New Hard Disk

Hi, On P5 I would like to add hard drive, currently 2 hard disk are already exists, would like to add one more, 2 Slots are emtpy, I would like to know how to find out wheather adapter is attached to that 2 free slot using command. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
7 Replies
VND(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    VND(4)

NAME
vnd -- vnode disk driver SYNOPSIS
pseudo-device vnd options VND_COMPRESSION DESCRIPTION
The vnd driver provides a disk-like interface to a file. This is useful for a variety of applications, including swap files and building miniroot or floppy disk images. This document assumes that you're familiar with how to generate kernels, how to properly configure disks and pseudo-devices in a kernel con- figuration file. In order to compile in support for the vnd, you must add a line similar to the following to your kernel configuration file: pseudo-device vnd # vnode disk driver To also compile in support for reading compressed disk images, add the following option to your kernel config file: options VND_COMPRESSION # compressed vnd(4) Compressed disk images are expected in the cloop2 format, they can be created from "normal" disk images by the vndcompress(1) program. There is a run-time utility that is used for configuring both compressed and uncompressed vnds. See vnconfig(8) for more information. FILES
/dev/{,r}vnd* vnd device special files. SEE ALSO
config(1), vndcompress(1), MAKEDEV(8), fsck(8), mount(8), newfs(8), vnconfig(8) HISTORY
The vnode disk driver was originally written at the University of Utah. The compression handling is based on code by Cliff Wright <cliff@snipe444.org>. BUGS
The vnd driver does not work if the file does not reside in a local filesystem. The vnd driver does not work if the file is sparse. BSD
December 18, 2009 BSD