Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rebooting Mounted servers
Operating Systems Linux Rebooting Mounted servers Post 302269408 by Ikon on Wednesday 17th of December 2008 02:32:34 PM
Old 12-17-2008
as long as fstab is setup correctly and all the required services are set to start automatically on the servers you should be ok.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

soft rebooting

When I do a hard reboot, the system recognizes both the ttya and the ttyb, but when I do a hard reboot, it only doesn't recognize the ttyb. Is there a way I can fix this??? Thanks!:confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nattie_h
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problems when rebooting the system

Hi ! I am working on a server. We have ABAQUS installed on it. I added a compiler to .env file and added usr/local...../IMSL/... to the path. Then i restarted the computer and I get this error: when I am doing interactive option (Red hat Lunix OS) Start service local Yes/no/Continue? no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsmv
1 Replies

3. Solaris

rebooting resetting loop

while installing unix solaris I found that one of the CD's is corupted so I bring another copy of solaris CD's and type reboot instead of 'reboot cdrom' then the server goes in infinite loop of rebooting resetting??I tried to use ctrl+break but didnt work....how can I break this loop....plz help?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
4 Replies

4. AIX

hmc not rebooting

Anyone faced this? I rebooted the HMC through command line after patch installation (hmcshutdown -t now -r) The strange thing happened was the hmc never rebooted, I was not able to connect it through graphical view or through ssh, but the session through which i issued the command was still... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
4 Replies

5. Solaris

error while rebooting box

I got following while whenver i reboot my box WARNING: add_spec: No major number for hpfc WARNING: add_spec: No major number for hpfc Error: Unable to init open counts. Kernel struct change? and hpfc is related to agilent fiber channel driver .. i do not know why it requires as i 've... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

6. Solaris

One LUN, mounted on two servers - howto

Hi all Im in a situation where I need to mount a single 650Gb lun on two servers / zones. ServerA is the main database and performs a backup to u99, I need to have this u99 also mounted onto another server to allow various zones to `feed` from it. Ok, I know I can umount, then remount it,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Rebooting infa servers

Hi, I am new to unix, trying to learn things I have written unix script to stop Informatica server and re-start them. In order to stop the servers i need to check the below 1. Check if the infa servers are already running. 2. If the servers are already running then, i need to stop the servers.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
0 Replies

8. AIX

rebooting HMC

Hi, I would like to know wheather rebooting HMC will impact on Management Systems or Lpar inside it is showing? or I have to shutdown LPAR then only reboot HMC. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
7 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Rebooting a career

Apologies if this is not the correct place to post this. I used to have a job supporting several custom applications that ran on Unix platforms. I used shell scripting, sed, awk, and SQL, but all on a pretty basic level. I also performed non-technical tasks like helping with project management,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: intranslation
4 Replies
GETFSENT(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					       GETFSENT(3)

NAME
getfsent, getfsspec, getfsfile, setfsent, endfsent -- get file system descriptor file entry LIBRARY
Standard system libraries. SYNOPSIS
#include <fstab.h> struct fstab * getfsent(void); struct fstab * getfsspec(const char *spec); struct fstab * getfsfile(const char *file); int setfsent(void); void endfsent(void); DESCRIPTION
The getfsent(), getfsspec(), and getfsfile() functions each return a pointer to an object with the following structure containing file system descriptions from the directory systems consulted by the opendirectoryd daemon. This will include records from the local /etc/fstab file. struct fstab { char *fs_spec; /* block special device name */ char *fs_file; /* file system path prefix */ char *fs_vfstype; /* File system type, ufs, nfs */ char *fs_mntops; /* Mount options ala -o */ char *fs_type; /* FSTAB_* from fs_mntops */ int fs_freq; /* dump frequency, in days */ int fs_passno; /* pass number on parallel fsck */ }; The fields have meanings described in fstab(5). The getfsspec() and getfsfile() functions search in available directory services for a matching special file name or file system file name. For programs wishing to read the entire database, getfsent() searches all available directory services on it's first invocation. It caches the returned entries in a list and returns fstab entries one at a time. The setfsent() and endfsent() functions clear the cached results from a previous getfsent() call. Entries in the /etc/fstab file with a type field equivalent to FSTAB_XX are ignored. RETURN VALUES
The getfsent(), getfsspec(), and getfsfile() functions return a NULL pointer on EOF or error. The setfsent() function returns 0 on failure, 1 on success. The endfsent() function returns nothing. FILES
/etc/fstab SEE ALSO
opendirectoryd(8), fstab(5). HISTORY
The getfsent() function appeared in 4.0BSD; the endfsent(), getfsfile(), getfsspec(), and setfsent() functions appeared in 4.3BSD. BUGS
The data space used by these functions is thread-specific; if future use requires the data, it should be copied before any subsequent calls to these functions overwrite it. BSD
April 7, 2003 BSD