Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting read in variable data from another file - grep Post 302268861 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 16th of December 2008 12:18:09 PM
Old 12-16-2008
is 'ec' the first field in all.inq?

Pls post a sample all.inq, a sample 1.lst and a desired output of 1.inq

And indicate a 'common' field between all.ina and 1.lst files

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read data from a file into a variable

I am a FORTRAN guy and not a UNIX expert by any means so sorry if this sounds dumb, but all I want to do is have a UNIX script which reads data from a file (say 1000 lines worth, each row is a file name) and store it in an array to perform an operation on later. As maddeningly simple as this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yorkdg
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from data file

Hi, I have a data file formatted like this: Ex: Mike 3434 Jack 481 Peter 12 Alan 926 I want to get this data into 2 variables: "Names" and "Numbers" that I can using one "for" loop to get the value as Names and Numbers Like this: for i in 0 1 2 3 do echo $Names echo... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: fongthai
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Post Shell programming: Question about source a file and read data from the file

This is shell programming assignment. It needs to create a file called .std_dbrc contains STD_DBROOT=${HOME}/class/2031/Assgn3/STD_DB (which includes all my simple database files) and I am gonna use this .std_dbrc in my script file (read the data from the database files) like this: .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccwq
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to read the data from an excel sheet and use those data as variable in the unix c

I have 3 columns in an excel sheet. c1 c2 c3 EIP_ACCOUNT SMALL_TS_01 select A.* from acc; All the above 3 col shoud be passed a variable in the unix code. 1.How to read an excel file 2.How to pass these data as variable to the unic script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Grace
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to read data from a file name.txt and search it in another file and then matching...

Hi Frnds... I have an input file name.txt and another file named as source.. name.txt is having only one column and source is having around 25 columns...i need to read from name.txt line by line and search it in source file and then save the result in results file.. I have a rough idea about the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: How to read text from file and process $variable in that data too.

In the hello.htm have the sentenses: Hello $name How are you? The perl script: $name = "David"; open(HEADER,"hello.htm"); while(<HEADER>) { $html .= $_; } close(HEADER); print "$html";I making something about template. But it can't process the $name variable. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: natong
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file and load data into a script as variable

I need to read a text file that contain columns of data, i need to read 1st column as a function to call, and others are the data i need to get into a ksh script. I am quite new to ksh scripting, i am not very sure how to read each row line by line and the data in each columns of that line, set... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavin_L
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv file, convert the data and make one text file in UNIX shell scripting

I have input data looks like this which is a part of a csv file 7,1265,76548,"0102:04" 8,1266,76545,"0112:04" I need to make the output data should look like this and the output data will be part of text file: 7|1265000 |7654899 |A| 8|12660000 |76545999 |B| The logic behind the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read each file grep a value from that?

Hi Team, in /tmp folder i have thousands of log files i want to read each file and grep a value called "Calling This". Each logfile name is different but it ends with .log. How can i achieve this? Please excuse if i did any mistake by not following forum standards. I will surely follow... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In PErl script: need to read the data one file and generate multiple files based on the data

We have the data looks like below in a log file. I want to generat files based on the string between two hash(#) symbol like below Source: #ext1#test1.tale2 drop #ext1#test11.tale21 drop #ext1#test123.tale21 drop #ext2#test1.tale21 drop #ext2#test12.tale21 drop #ext3#test11.tale21 drop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
5 Replies
LCP_CRTPOL2(8)							   User Manuals 						    LCP_CRTPOL2(8)

NAME
lcp_crtpol2 - create an Intel(R) TXT policy (and policy data file) SYNOPSIS
lcp_crtpol2 COMMAND [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
lcp_crtpol2 is used to create an Intel(R) TXT policy (and policy data file) for platforms produced after 2008. OPTIONS
--create Create an TXT policy. The following options are available: --type any|list type --pol file policy file [--ver version] version [--minver ver] SINITMinVersion [--rev ctr1,ctrN] revocation values (comma separated, no spaces) [--ctrl pol-ctrl] policy control [--data file] policy data file [file]... policy list files --show Show the content of policy file or policy data file. Available options are: [--brief] breif format output [policy-file] policy file [policy-data-file] policy data file --help Print out the help message. --verbose Enable verbose output; can be specified with any command. EXAMPLES
Assuming a policy list file list-unsig.lst has been created by the command lcp_crtpolist(8). The following example will create a policy and policy data file. lcp_crtpol2 --create --type list --pol list.pol --data list.data list-unsig.lst SEE ALSO
lcp_crtpol(8), lcp_mlehash(8), lcp_crtpolelt(8), lcp_crtpollist(8). tboot 2011-12-31 LCP_CRTPOL2(8)