Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problem in if then else condition Post 302268830 by Ikon on Tuesday 16th of December 2008 11:22:15 AM
Old 12-16-2008
You dont have to declare the variable:
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
if [ `find . -name "myfile.txt" | wc -l` -eq 0 ]; then
        echo "None Found"
else
        echo "Found Some!"
fi

wc -l counts the number of lines (-l = lines) found.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition problem

Hi Guys, I want to use if conition for my script. Before I used it tried it with some small test scripts. But it was not succeeded. My script and screen output as follows, Script: echo 'Do you think Yes or No (y/n) : ' read ans echo You input anser as $ans ans1=y if ( $ans == $ans1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maheshsri
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with if condition

hi, :) pls consider the following if statement if //g') ] then ........ else ....... when i execute the script i am getting the following error '(' unexpected I am not able to find the mistake. could anybody tell where i did mistake. cheers RRK (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in if condition

hi, actully i need the belp for the below. host_list=" Host1 host2 host3 host4 " n=`hostname` i need to put the condition like the below if n is among the host mention in the host_list if then #some stugg else # some other stuff fi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in using AND OR condition together

a=rhino b=crocodil c=testsc if && "$c" = testsc ] then echo "Test #5 succeeds." else echo "Test #5 fails." fi i need to test or condition before check the output with AND condition. ur help is much appreciated... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gokulraj23
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in if condition

Hi all, I have task to delete two different files from all file system. one is core file & other is old file. i can delete core file but for old file i have to mv in different location. i wrote a script but it is not working. i have a two variables in this script first one is delcnt &... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dravi_laxmi
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition problem

Hi, I need to use if condition for search a file pattern on a particular location. cd $file_Path if || then do this else do that fi Can someone help me with the if part, how i can put those conditions? make sure format should be *.file* and *.file file is a keyword which i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.mathur08
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with IF condition .

Hi i am writing a script where i am running , 5 scripts together in 1 script . Now what i want is when these 5 scripts run completely , i should execute some other commands like i have compile the data etc. I have have 5 echo statements at the end of all those scripts . Like echo "1 is done" in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: honey26
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition problem

Hi All, I am using below if condition to check whether null is passed as a parameter to the program if or ; then echo "ABC">>$FILE else echo "CDF">>$FILE fi However it is saying me null=null command not found . Please help me with this (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hypesslearner
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition problem

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance on how to condition it correctly. cat file1.txt 290,1663,43,888,0,0.00,86.91,0.00,26.98,0.00 290,1663,52,0,0,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00 290,1663,52,888,0,0.00,34.60,0.00,9.00,0.00 1st scenario: if the fourth column contains 888s and 0s it is by... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
16 Replies
grape(1)						      General Commands Manual							  grape(1)

NAME
grape - inspection and management of the local grape cache used by Groovy DESCRIPTION
usage: grape [options] <command> [args] options: -D,--define <name=value> define a system property -d,--debug debug log level 4 will print out full stack traces -h,--help usage information -i,--info info log level 2 will print out information -q,--quiet quiet log level 0 will print only errors -v,--version display the Groovy and JVM versions -V,--verbose verbose log level 3 will print verbose logs -w,--warn warn log level 1 will print only errors and warnings COMMANDS
install <groupId> <artifactId> [<version>]: This installs the specified groovy module or maven artifact. If a version is specified that specific version will be installed, otherwise the most recent version will be used (as if '*' we passed in). list: Lists locally installed modules (with their full maven name in the case of groovy modules) and versions. resolve (<groupId> <artifactId> <version>)+: This returns the file locations of the jars representing the artifcats for the specified module(s) and the respective transitive dependencies. You may optionally pass in -ant, -dos, or -shell to get the dependencies expressed in a format applicable for an ant script, windows batch file, or unix shell script respectively. SEE ALSO
groovy(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was generated using help2man and edited by Ludovic Claude <ludovic.claude@laposte.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). July 2009 grape(1)