Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help on shell script : syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected Post 302266915 by schandrakar1 on Thursday 11th of December 2008 09:53:51 AM
Old 12-11-2008
Help on shell script : syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected

Hi All,

I have written a korn script (code pasted below). It is giving the error while debugging "new.sh: syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected".

I have re-written the whole code in VI and explored all help related to this error on this Unix forum and tried it. Somehow, I could not figure it out.

Could you please help on this?

This script is written in SunOS 5.8 UNIX Server. Its details are:
$ uname -a
SunOS nwcmp100 5.8 Generic_117350-25 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-15000

When I run below script in debugger mode:
sh new.sh filename

It exits after if condition and displays error at next line of the last line of the code:

new.sh: syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected

Thank you!!

Best Regards,
schandrakar1

#******************************
#!/usr/bin/ksh
#******************
# new.sh : It take a country_code file as input.
#It will read truncate files
# & monthly files from a specific directory in the sun server.
#Then it will log #all output or errors to a log file

set -vx

ME_StaggCountry_Codes=$1
Filename=`basename $0 .sh`
LOGPATH=${HOME}/camp/logs
LOGFILE=${LOGPATH}/${Filename}_`date "+%d-%h-%Y_%T`.log
exec 1> ${LOGFILE}
echo `date "+%d-%h-%Y_%T` : ----------- START of ${LOGFILE} --------------- 2>&1
echo
if [ $# -lt 1 ] || [ $# -gt 1 ] ; then
echo "Invalid Parameter list" 2>&1
echo "Usage : $0 <ME_StaggCountry_codes>" 2>&1
echo
echo `date "+%d-%h-%Y_%T` : ----------- END of ${LOGFILE} --------------- 2>&1
exit 1
elif [ $# -eq 1 ] ; then
echo "Input parameter file is : ${ME_StaggCountry_Codes}" 2>&1
fi

for code in `cat ${ME_StaggCountry_Codes}`
do
if [ ${code} != uk ] ; then
Filepath=/${code}rtlftp01/logs
elif [ ${code} = uk ] ; then
Filepath=/rtlftp01/logs
fi
echo
echo "For Country : ${code} 2>&1
echo "Truncate Files at path ${Filepath} are :" 2>&1
ls -ltr ${Filepath}/trunc* 2>&1
echo
echo "Monthly files at path ${Filepath} are :" 2>&1
ls -ltr ${Filepath}/monthly_mi* 2>&1
echo
echo "-----------------------" 2>&1
done
echo
echo `date "+%d-%h-%Y_%T` : ----------- Removing old log files --------------- 2>&1

find ${LOGPATH} -type f -name "${Filename}*.log" -mtime +2 | while read FILE
do
rm -i ${FILE} </dev/tty
done

echo `date "+%d-%h-%Y_%T` : ----------- END of ${LOGFILE} --------------- 2>&1

exec >/dev/tty

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

syntax error at line 59: `end of file' unexpected

Hello... I'm trying to run the sshd script, but I keep geting the Syntax errot message . Here's the last few lines on the script. set nu in vi shows 58 lines, but I keep getting error referring to line 59. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Remi else echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mkmkfiles.imake: line 51: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi, i am installing glut-3.5 using that ./mkmkfiles.imake its showing an error msg as root@lxdevenv:~/Desktop/openGL/glut-3.5# ./mkmkfiles.imake ./mkmkfiles.imake: line 51: syntax error: unexpected end of file root@lxdevenv:~/Desktop/openGL/glut-3.5# actually there are 49 lines in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravikishore
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error at line 752: `end of file' unexpected

Hi, I'm having a syntax error at line 752: `end of file' unexpected. However, i didn't make any changes on line 752. I just inserted a new code in an existing program. Can anyone please check if there is something wrong with my code: if then lline=`tail -5 $badfile` ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chryz
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

./TRUNCATE-PS_TXN.sh: line 54: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi All , My below script is for chacking vaule and then trucating table : ___________ test4@aceuatcs04:/u01/test4/SOLID/Testscript>cat TRUNCATE-PS_TXN.sh #-------------------------------------------------------------------- # Created by:Kaushlesh Yadav # Generated on: 15/07/2010 # Job... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushelsh168
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help line 35: syntax error: unexpected end of file only 34 lines of code

I am not sure what I am doing wrong here, I did some research and only confused myself further. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to make this work for work tomorrow. There are only 34 lines of code in this script, yet its complaining about line 35 Here is the code: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BkontheShell718
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

EOF Usage - line 56: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Below is a test script I'm writing in the process of learning to write script. When I try to run it I get an unexpected end of file error on line 56. Thoughts? SCRIPT: #!/bin/bash # system_page - A script to produce a system information HTML file ##### Constants TITLE="My System... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpercy725
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

line 15: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi all, I am very new to programming and even newer to this forum as well, so I apologize if this should have been in the Newbie category, but... I am currently trying to figure out Shell Scripting and am running into problems early. Not having taken any kind of programming class, I am not even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccorder22
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot execute/finish script because of last line syntax error: unexpected end of file/token `done'

first of all I thought the argument DONE is necessary for all scripts that have or begin with do statements which I have on my script, However, I still don't completely understand why I am receiving an error I tried adding another done argument statement but didn't do any good. I appreciate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

sh: module: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi, We have installed linux6(RHEL) OS and installed datastage application on that. First time installation worked fine and our all services related to datastage was up and running. When we stopped the datastage and restarted its giving below error while restart:- ./uv -admin -start DataStage... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Del: line 13: syntax error: unexpected end of file

1 echo -e "Enter a filename" 2 read filename 3 if 4 then 5 echo -e "do you want to delete?" 6 read answer 7 if 8 then rm myfirst 9 else 10 echo -e "file not deleted" 11 fi 12 exit0 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Speedy
1 Replies
exit(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)