Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script with date parameter Post 302266130 by Ikon on Tuesday 9th of December 2008 02:37:37 PM
Old 12-09-2008
Code:
TODAY=`date '+%Y%m%d'`
YEARSAGO=`date --date='-3 years' '+%Y%m%d'`
echo "Today: $TODAY  3 Years Ago: $YEARSAGO"

Code:
# sh test.sh
Today: 20081209  3 Years Ago: 20051209

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parameter file for a shell script

Hi I was able to pass parameters to a shell script from the command line but now, I am trying to make the shell script to get those parameters/values from a file. Please give me ideas how to do this or if you have an example or website that shows how to do this. I tried searches but it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script with input parameter

Can anyone help me how to write a shell script which accepts input parameter. My requirement is as follows: I need to run a shell script with a input parameter, and inside the script i will create a file with this input parameter name. Please help me out to create such a shell script. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhmr7
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Date as parameter with sh script

Hi I need to pass a date argument with my shell script. Can any one send me code for the same. eg For 15th Aug 2006. Iwant to pass parameter like this ./startenv.sh 08/15/2006. Everyday date argument must change. Will the below code work ? ./startenv.sh date '+%m/%d/%y' THanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajkrmishra
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing parameter in shell script

I have a script file as below named test1.sh sed -e 's/xxxkeys/$1/g' template1.asp > template1.txt sed -e 's/xxxkeys/$2/g' template2.asp > template2.txt sed -e 's/xxxkeys/$3/g' template3.asp > template3.txt sed -e 's/xxxkeys/$4/g' template4.asp > template4.txt I want to replace $1 with a,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satgur
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple shell - how to get a parameter typed in a shell script

Hi, I am new to unix and using linux 7.2. I would like to create a script that would make it easyer for me to run my java programms. At the moment I have to type java myJavaprogram I am trying to write a script that will allow me to type something like this "myscript myJavaprogram" or maybe... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmitulescu
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

get system date, format it, pass it as a parameter to a perl script - all in cron job

I am trying to get the string containing date - in a specfic format actually, although I think that part is inconsequencial - 1110226^1110226^1110226^1110226^1110226 - through echo or printf or in some other way - created within a cront job and passed as a parameter to a perl script. Now, I know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: v8625
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incrementing the date depending on the Counter (parameter) passed to the script

Hello Everyone, I have been trying to complete a shell script where, I need to increment the date depending on the file (depending on the date) availability on the remote server. i.e. Basically, I will be passing a counter (like parameter 1 or 2 or 3 or 4). First I will check for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filter
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell Parameter

Hi I have two shell script, the second script takes as a parameter the output variable of the first script, please how to retrieve the variable from the first script to pass as a parameter to the second script? Script1.sh i=0 i=$(($i + 1)) Script2.sh echo $1 Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
0 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unable to pass shell script parameter value to awk command in side the same script

Variable I have in my shell script diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff | awk -F'~' ''$2 == "$id"' {print $0}' > $new I could see value of $id is not passing to the awk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashunayak
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing shell script parameter value to awk command in side the script

I have a shell script (.sh) and I want to pass a parameter value to the awk command but I am getting exception, please assist. diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sarita Behera
1 Replies
FGETSS(3)								 1								 FGETSS(3)

fgetss - Gets line from file pointer and strip HTML tags

SYNOPSIS
string fgetss (resource $handle, [int $length], [string $allowable_tags]) DESCRIPTION
Identical to fgets(3), except that fgetss(3) attempts to strip any NUL bytes, HTML and PHP tags from the text it reads. PARAMETERS
o $handle -The file pointer must be valid, and must point to a file successfully opened by fopen(3) or fsockopen(3) (and not yet closed by fclose(3)). o $length - Length of the data to be retrieved. o $allowable_tags - You can use the optional third parameter to specify tags which should not be stripped. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string of up to $length - 1 bytes read from the file pointed to by $handle, with all HTML and PHP code stripped. If an error occurs, returns FALSE. Example #1 Reading a PHP file line-by-line <?php $str = <<<EOD <html><body> <p>Welcome! Today is the <?php echo(date('jS')); ?> of <?= date('F'); ?>.</p> </body></html> Text outside of the HTML block. EOD; file_put_contents('sample.php', $str); $handle = @fopen("sample.php", "r"); if ($handle) { while (!feof($handle)) { $buffer = fgetss($handle, 4096); echo $buffer; } fclose($handle); } ?> The above example will output something similar to: Welcome! Today is the of . Text outside of the HTML block. NOTES
Note If PHP is not properly recognizing the line endings when reading files either on or created by a Macintosh computer, enabling the auto_detect_line_endings run-time configuration option may help resolve the problem. SEE ALSO
fgets(3), fopen(3), popen(3), fsockopen(3), strip_tags(3). PHP Documentation Group FGETSS(3)