Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can I use scripting for a different pattern Post 302265182 by Vijay06 on Friday 5th of December 2008 09:22:57 PM
Old 12-05-2008
How can I Group values based on these patterns?

HI,

I have a log file with data in the following way:

xyz....xyz...xyz.... id=aaaa

type=apple
type=mango

xyz...xyz...xyz.....id=bbbb

type=apple

xyz....xyz...xyz....id=cccc

type=apple
type=mango
type=lemon
..............and goes on....

How can I use these patterns to get as the following pattern?
aaaa apple
aaaa mango
bbbb apple
cccc apple
cccc mango
cccc lemon
......and goes on...

I have thousands of lines to read in this manner.
Can anyone give an idea to resolve this?

Last edited by Vijay06; 12-05-2008 at 10:45 PM.. Reason: Correction in the matter

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a pattern and if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining

I am trying to do some thing like this .. In a file , if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining of the line containing the pattern. example: in a file I have this. gtrow0unit1/gctunit_crrownorth_stage5_outnet_feedthru_pin if i find feedthru_pin want to insert !! at the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching in shell scripting.

Hey Guys, I have a shell script that is very simple and does the following. #!/usr/bin/bash set -x echo -n "can you write device drivers?" read answer if then echo "wow, you must be very skilled" else echo "neither can i, i am just shell script" fi you see where the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting:Fetching content from each line with respect to pattern.

one.txt ONS.820.log:V 20Oct2010:GP ^ ^ ONS.123.log:V 21Oct2010:GP ^ ^ ONS.820.log:V 30Oct2010:GP ^ ^ want to make new file from existing one with addition. 20Oct2010 User KV001 has name tk003 with buffer- 338-1 21Oct2010 User KV003 has name tk002 with buffer- 338-2 30Oct2010 User KV002... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saluja.deepak
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting: Compare pattern in two files and merge the o/p in one.

one.txt ONS.1287677000.820.log 20Oct2010 ONS.1287677000.123.log 21Oct2010 ONS.1287677000.456.log 22Oct2010 two.txt ONS.1287677000.820.log:V AC CC EN ONS.1287677000.123.log:V AC CC EN ONS.1287677000.820.log:V AC CC EN In file two.txt i have to look for pattern which column one... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: saluja.deepak
17 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match Pattern after certain pattern and Print words next to Pattern

Hi experts , im new to Unix,AWK ,and im just not able to get this right. I need to match for some patterns if it matches I need to print the next few words to it.. I have only three such conditions to match… But I need to print only those words that comes after satisfying the first condition..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with scripting-->Inserting a line before a pattern

Hi Guys, I have written the following script test.sh in Linux . read -p "Please enter the name of the application: " DIRTOCREATE read -p "Please enter the number of associates to be given access to svn:" COUNT for (( i=0 ; i<$COUNT ; i++ )) do read -p "Enter the associate id :"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_1990
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk usage to grep a pattern 1 and with reference to this grep a pattern 2 and pattern 3

Hi , I have a file where i have modifed certain things compared to original file . The difference of the original file and modified file is as follows. # diff mir_lex.c.modified mir_lex.c.orig 3209c3209 < if(yy_current_buffer -> yy_is_our_buffer == 0) { --- >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: breezevinay
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting , need to search and print a line that contains a specific pattern

Take example of below file. abc.txt nas1:/abc/test/test1 /test nas1:/abc/test/test1/test2 /test/abc nas1:/abc/test/ Now i have a variable that contains "nas1:/abc/test/test1" value , so i need to search the above file for this variable and print only this line. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit_vardhani
14 Replies
KEY(3)									 1								    KEY(3)

key - Fetch a key from an array

SYNOPSIS
mixed key (array &$array) DESCRIPTION
key(3) returns the index element of the current array position. PARAMETERS
o $array - The array. RETURN VALUES
The key(3) function simply returns the key of the array element that's currently being pointed to by the internal pointer. It does not move the pointer in any way. If the internal pointer points beyond the end of the elements list or the array is empty, key(3) returns NULL. EXAMPLES
Example #1 key(3) example <?php $array = array( 'fruit1' => 'apple', 'fruit2' => 'orange', 'fruit3' => 'grape', 'fruit4' => 'apple', 'fruit5' => 'apple'); // this cycle echoes all associative array // key where value equals "apple" while ($fruit_name = current($array)) { if ($fruit_name == 'apple') { echo key($array).'<br />'; } next($array); } ?> The above example will output: fruit1<br /> fruit4<br /> fruit5<br /> SEE ALSO
current(3), next(3). PHP Documentation Group KEY(3)