Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris BigAdmin RSS Dell's Solaris Solutions web page Post 302264153 by Linux Bot on Wednesday 3rd of December 2008 08:20:01 AM
Old 12-03-2008
Dell's Solaris Solutions web page

This Dell web page provides links to the Dell Solutions Center, Dell Services info, white papers, data sheets, and other resources for running the Solaris OS on Dell hardware.

More...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

corel linux and the dell web pc

I have an old peice o crap that I use at home for my personal use. It is a dell web pc, 500Mhz athlon processor, 256Mb sdram. 10.24gig hard drive, so its not all that bad, but when I try to install COREL LINUX on it it goes through the installation. But when I run it my screen flashes on login... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deviant0709
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web page hosting

I built my website based on Dreamweaver, on Windows platform. My server uses Unix, and the page doesn't look too good. Is there any way to solve this problem without too much of a headache? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PCL
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

making a web page

Hey im new to unix! I am tryin to create a web page in unix and have done it all but when i try and load it it says permission denied!?> i have chmod a+rx for folder and file to make sure but still permissions wont let me?! any ideas can anyone do a quick run through of how to make a web page... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashora
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing Web Page

Hello, I am new to unix, but wanted to know how can we fetch data from a web page (i.e. an HTML Page), my requirement is to read an html page and wanted to create a flat file (text file) based on the contents available in the mentioned HTML page. Thanks Imtiaz (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imtiaz
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make a Web page

I'm 13 years of age and I am into computers. I am trying to learn how to make a webpage. I could use the help and I would greatly appriciate it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lydia98
1 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Get a web page through CLI

Is there a way we can get a web page through CLI on a unix machine? Please help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing to a web page

I have a shell script that runs periodic upgrades on machines. I want to print certain echo commands from the shell script onto a webpage. What command in shell should I use for doing this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
1 Replies

8. AIX

nmon and web page !

nmon and web page ! Is there any way to let nmon be configured with external Web Page and updating the same web page to be graphic monitoring. Pls advice ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies
BWI(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    BWI(4)

NAME
bwi -- Broadcom BCM43xx IEEE 802.11b/g wireless network driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device bwi device wlan device wlan_amrr device firmware Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_bwi_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The bwi driver provides support for Broadcom BCM43xx based PCI/CardBus network adapters. It supports station and monitor mode operation. Only one virtual interface may be configured at any time. For more information on configur- ing this device, see ifconfig(8). This driver requires firmware to be loaded before it will work. The ports/net/bwi-firmware-kmod port needs to be installed before ifconfig(8) will work. HARDWARE
The bwi driver supports Broadcom BCM43xx based wireless devices, including: Card Chip Bus Standard Apple Airport Extreme BCM4306 PCI b/g Apple Airport Extreme BCM4318 PCI b/g ASUS WL-138g BCM4318 PCI b/g Buffalo WLI-CB-G54S BCM4318 CardBus b/g Buffalo WLI-PCI-G54S BCM4306 PCI b/g Compaq R4035 onboard BCM4306 PCI b/g Dell Wireless 1390 BCM4311 Mini PCI b/g Dell Wireless 1470 BCM4318 Mini PCI b/g Dell Truemobile 1300 r2 BCM4306 Mini PCI b/g Dell Truemobile 1400 BCM4309 Mini PCI b/g HP nx6125 BCM4319 PCI b/g Linksys WPC54G Ver 3 BCM4318 CardBus b/g Linksys WPC54GS Ver 2 BCM4318 CardBus b/g TRENDnet TEW-401PCplus BCM4306 CardBus b/g US Robotics 5411 BCM4318 CardBus b/g The bwi driver uses the older v3 version of Broadcom's firmware. While this older firmware does support most BCM43xx parts, the bwn(4) driver works better for the newer chips it supports. You must use the bwi driver if you are using older Broadcom chipsets (BCM4301, BCM4303 and BCM4306 rev 2). The v4 version of the firmware that bwn(4) uses does not support these chips. EXAMPLES
Join an existing BSS network (i.e., connect to an access point): ifconfig wlan create wlandev bwi0 inet 192.168.0.20 netmask 0xffffff00 Join a specific BSS network with network name ``my_net'': ifconfig wlan create wlandev bwi0 ssid my_net up Join a specific BSS network with 64-bit WEP encryption: ifconfig wlan create wlandev bwi0 ssid my_net wepmode on wepkey 0x1234567890 weptxkey 1 up SEE ALSO
arp(4), cardbus(4), intro(4), pci(4), wlan(4), wlan_amrr(4), ifconfig(8), wpa_supplicant(8) HISTORY
The bwi driver first appeared in FreeBSD 8.0. AUTHORS
The bwi driver was written for DragonFly BSD by Sepherosa Ziehau and subsequently ported to FreeBSD. BUGS
Some card based on the BCM4306 and BCM4309 chips do not work properly on channel 1, 2 and 3. BSD
February 6, 2011 BSD