Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Strict Argument
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Strict Argument Post 302261459 by oxoxo on Monday 24th of November 2008 07:22:27 PM
Old 11-24-2008
string="anything.txt"

doesnt work because its of a text file extension..why?

i need to use that with an if

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find the last argument in a argument line?

How to find the last argument in a argument line? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehagupta2008
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl strict

What is the sake of using `use strict;` in perl codes? and how can avoid it?.TnX. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get positive number n as argument script must calculate the factorial of its argument

Can someone please help me with this SHELL script? I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must calculate the factorial of its argument. In other words, it must calculate n!=1x2x3x...xn. Note that 0!=1. Here is a start but I have no clue how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

New PERL guru's help on strict.pm

I opened strict.pm and found some not understandable stuff, please let me know if you have any Idea on the same. 1) Line 23 => $bits |= (what is $= here how it affect the statement) 2) Line 36 => $^H (what is that I haven't found any statement on this in google) 3) Line 41 =>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatanig
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot compare argument in if statement in csh/grep command if argument starts with “-“

If ($argv == “-debug”) then Echo “in loop” Endif But this is not working. If I modify this code and remove “-“, then it works. Similarly I am getting problem using grep command also Grep “-debug” Filename Can someone please help me on how to resolve these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error:--test: argument expected--Even though i give an argument.

Hi All, I am running the script VBoxManage list vms |sed 's/"//g' | cut -d " " -f1 > har1out.mytxt result=`cat har1out.mytxt | grep $1' echo $result echo $1 { if then echo pass else echo fail fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsha85
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help! Can't locate strict.pm after Cygwin update

I installed gcc4 today using setup.exe from cygwin. However, I cannot run any of my perl program after that. For example, Run@Run-THINK /home $ perl Process.pl Can't locate strict.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.10/i686-cygwin / usr/lib/perl5/5.10... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: littledeer
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ssh disable strict checking

What are the different ways to disable ssh strict checking? I've seen this mentioned a few times but it doesn't seem to be working. $ ssh -o 'StrictHostKeyChecking no' admin@hostnamehttp://docs.oracle.com/cd/E35328_01/E35336/html/vmcli-ssh.html Is there a file somewhere in /etc that I could... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Getopts and Strict -How to solve

How do I get past the error when using strict and GetOpts ? #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use Getopt::Std; # Process the command line options die "Usage: $0 -r <router> -u <username> -p <password> -e <enable password>\n" if (@ARGV < 6); exit if (!getopts('r:u:p:e:')); my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
3 Replies
bntext(5)							File Formats Manual							 bntext(5)

NAME
bnmotd.txt, bnnews.txt bnissue.txt - messages for the Unix Battle.net daemon DESCRIPTION
The file bnmotd.txt contains text displayed by bnetd(1), when users first log into the server. The file bnnews.txt contains text displayed when the user uses the /news chat command. The files consist of raw text with printf-style formatting escapes. Each line of a file can contain a type formatter from the following list: %B Use the broadcast attribute (???). %C Execute the line as if the user entered it as a command. %E Use the error attribute (red). %I Use the info attribute (yellow). This is the same was %W. %M Normal chat message (white). This will appear as if the user said it. %T Emote chat message (???). This will appear as if the user said it. %W Use the warning attribute (yellow). This is the same was %I. Within a line, any of the following format formatters may be used: %% Expand to a literal percent sign (%). %a Expand to the number of accounts on the server. %c Expand to the number of channels on the server. This includes all permanent and current temporary channels. %g Expand to the number of games on the server. This includes both public and private (passworded) games. %h Expand to the hostname of the server (as returned by gethostname(2)). %i Expand to this user's account ID number, formatted with a leading pound (#) sign and leading zeros. %l Expand to this user's current chat name which is usually the same %r Expand to the IP of the remote machine (the client). %t Expand to four character client tag. %u Expand to the number of users logged into the server. %v Expand to the version number of the server. SEE ALSO
bnetd(1) AUTHOR
Ross Combs (ross@bnetd.org) 2 August, 2001 bntext(5)