Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Error: Memory Address Not aligned Post 302261369 by gunnervarma on Monday 24th of November 2008 01:36:31 PM
Old 11-24-2008
Thanks. Do I have any trouble shooting steps before doing that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

df output is not aligned.

When I issue a "df" command the columns of the output are not aligned. QMN012:.../oracle> df -k Filesystem 1024-blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/hd4 524288 439592 17% 5423 6% / /dev/M121A_HOME 3080192 2343764 24% 7263 2%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcogilbert
1 Replies

2. Programming

how to round up a memory address(memory alignment problem)

Hi, I try to marshal a unsigned int and a char * into a buffer, and then unmarshal them later to get them out. I need to put the char * in the front and unsigned int at the end of the buffer. However, my system always give me "BUS ERROR". I am using Sun Sparcs Sloris 2.10. My code to marshal... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nj302
6 Replies

3. Programming

Cannot access memory at address 0x8

Hi All I have a structure pointer and setting that pointer as NULL. When i tried to access the elements in the structure i am getting the error message. "Cannot access memory at address 0x8". This i tried in LINUX. When the same program is tried thro UNIX (HP-UX), i am not getting the message... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkraj
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output columns needs to be aligned

Hi All I'm running a shell script and the output is something like: Col1 Col2 Col3 aaaa aaaaaaa aaaaa bbbbb bbbbb bbbbbb ccc cccccc ccccccc But I require the output to printed as given below: Col1 Col2 Col3 aaaa ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkamalkishore
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change the memory address of ld.linux-so in a dynamically linked process

hi, For some special reason , I'd like to control the memory address for the shared libraries in my dynamically linked process. And it is the "ld" which interpret the dynamically linked library, and in my system, the "ld-linux.so.2" is put at 0x00812000. Then I use "prelink -r" command to change... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool_08
0 Replies

6. Linux

change the memory address of ld.linux-so in a dynamically linked process

hi, For some special reason , I'd like to control the memory address for the shared libraries in my dynamically linked process. And it is the "ld" which interpret the dynamically linked library, and in my system, the "ld-linux.so.2" is put at 0x00812000. Then I use "prelink -r" command to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool_08
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Out of Memory error when free memory size is large

I was running a program and it stopped and showed "Out of Memory!". at that time, the RAM used by this process is around 4G and the free memory size of the machine is around 30G. Does anybody know what maybe the reason? this program is written with Perl. the OS of the machine is Solaris U8. And I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lilili07
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is the function to get address of the virtual memory block in linux??

I want address of current virtual memory block? i am using fedora10:wall::wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: powyama
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SH] TUI not always properly aligned

Heyas I havent found a thread to introduce, so i combine it with the issue i have. EDIT /* Removed Problem because solved */ My first contact with Linux was back in 1995 with slackware, beeing a gamer back then, i (sadly) didnt bother to dig deeper. I finaly joined the Linux community in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to write a value to a physical memory address in bash script?

How would I write a value to a physical memory address? I was able to read a physical memory address (for example, 0x400) using this line: dd if=/dev/mem count=4 bs=1 skip=$(( 0x400 )) But I get an error: dd: 'standard input': cannot skip to specified offset when I try to write using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rabrandt
1 Replies
SENSORS-DETECT(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 SENSORS-DETECT(8)

NAME
sensors-detect - detect hardware monitoring chips SYNOPSIS
sensors-detect DESCRIPTION
sensors-detect is an interactive program that will walk you through the process of scanning your system for various hardware monitoring chips, or sensors, supported by libsensors(3), or more generally by the lm_sensors tool suite. sensors-detect will look for the following devices, in order: o Sensors embedded in CPUs, south bridges and memory controllers. o Sensors embedded in Super I/O chips. o Hardware monitoring chips accessed through ISA I/O ports. o Hardware monitoring chips reachable over the SMBus or more generally any I2C bus on your system. As the last two detection steps can cause trouble on some systems, they are normally not attempted if the second detection step led to the discovery of a Super I/O chip with complete hardware monitoring features. However, the user is always free to ask for all detection steps if so is his/her wish. This can be useful if a given system has more than one hardware monitoring chip. Some vendors are known to do this, most notably Asus and Tyan. WARNING
sensors-detect needs to access the hardware for most of the chip detections. By definition, it doesn't know which chips are there before it manages to identify them. This means that it can access chips in a way these chips do not like, causing problems ranging from SMBus lockup to permanent hardware damage (a rare case, thankfully.) The authors made their best to make the detection as safe as possible, and it turns out to work just fine in most cases, however it is impossible to guarantee that sensors-detect will not lock or kill a specific system. So, as a rule of thumb, you should not run sensors- detect on production servers, and you should not run sensors-detect if can't afford replacing a random part of your system. Also, it is recommended to not force a detection step which would have been skipped by default, unless you know what you are doing. SEE ALSO
sensors(1), libsensors(3) AUTHOR
Frodo Looijaard and Jean Delvare lm-sensors 3 December 2008 SENSORS-DETECT(8)