Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to go to system console through ALOM in Sunfire V245 Post 302260406 by seg on Thursday 20th of November 2008 12:13:58 PM
Old 11-20-2008
Step 1: make sure server is powered on. Execute:
sc> poweron
sc> console

Note: you cannot manage IPs used by the OS from the ALOM prompt.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

console -f not working in ALOM

Hi, I connected to ALOM on V240 installed with Solaris 10. console -f does not give me console on screen. Sun(tm) Advanced Lights Out Manager 1.6.8 sc> console -f Enter #. to return to ALOM. ...I pressed ENTER a lot of times but does not give me console. Another observation in this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No Responses from ALOM using NET MGNT PORT on SunFire v245

Please Help... I have two sunfire V245 servers running Apache on Solaris 5.10. Both servers have the same settings and apps. Before we used serial port to connect to ALOM 1.6. We switched to net mgnt port because of virtualization of all our servers. Situation: Server 1 applied the solaris... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glieu
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Resolution error sunfire v245

Hi all, I am getting the below error on Solaris sunfire v245 server Error: can not display this video mode optimum resolution 1024x768 60Hz i am not able to resolve this .plz help me out ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
1 Replies

4. Solaris

SunFire V245, External CD/DVD-ROM, Solaris Install

Hey all. Wondering - I have a pair of V245's with no internal CD/DVD-ROM drives, and I want to install the latest/greatest Solaris 10. Booting these machines with an external drive plugged in via USB does no good. Is jumpstart or installing internal drives the only alternative? I'm a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b1f30
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Reset ALOM PASSWD in SUNFIRE V125

Hi, I have forgot the sc and console login password in sun v125 server, can anyone suggest me how to reset sc password in sun v125 server. Thanks Rjs (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
3 Replies

6. Solaris

SunFire v245 Environmental PIC micro controller fix

Hello All, We have a v245 that powered itself off for no reason. Searching around we discovered there is a bug were a temp error is being reported but doesnt actually exist, SUN released an EPIC update, the README is shown below but even after upgrading the ALOM to the latest v1.6.10 we do not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wez
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Is it ALOM password I am stuck with? SunFire V100

Hi, I got a SunFire V100 and following its manual on how to establish a connection to this server, I connected to it via HyperTerminal. However, I am stuck at the login prompt. When powered on, this workstation goes through the regular cycle of OS banner and version printout, checking the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: varelg
8 Replies

8. Hardware

POST error on SunFire V245

I've recently bought an SunFire V245. 2x 2.5ghz x64 4gb ram 4x 73gb sas hdd and... an blinking 'Identifior led' (white) with 'Service led' (amber) simultaneously. It boots for +- 5 secs and then the error occurd. Things done: Removed all hdd. Switched cpu Switched/removed ram... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niswier2222
2 Replies

9. Solaris

ALOM - Console -

Hello forum, I have a SUN v250 at home that I have to practice Solaris. I currently have Solaris 9 installed and the ALOM Sun(tm) Advanced Lights Out Manager 1.5.2. From the ALOM I want to access the console. sc> console -f Enter #. to return to ALOM. after that there is no response.... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
19 Replies

10. Hardware

SUN V245 Connecting To router Through Alom

Hello. I have a sun v245 and I have no hard drive for it yet but i would like to connect it to my home router by ethernet cable so I can use Alom remotely. Could someone please tell me how to set it up. Thank You (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SunV245
1 Replies
setup(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  setup(8)

NAME
setup - invokes a system setup menu for console and workstation displays without graphics capabilities SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/setup DESCRIPTION
Use this application to do initial installation and configuration of your system. You must have superuser or root privileges to invoke the Setup menu. If your system does not have graphics capabilities, or if you are using a remote character-cell terminal window such as a PC terminal emu- lator, use the Setup menu to invoke the Custom Setup menu and use its various system setup applications to set up your Tru64 UNIX system for general use. In this release, invoking Setup runs the Custom Setup interfaces, which are character-cell variants of the SysMan tools that you can use to configure and manage your system. These interfaces can also be invoked in a window environment on a PC or on other X-compliant window environments. The available menu options depend on which subsets were installed during system installation. Refer to the Methods chapter of the System Administration for additional information. In previous releases, invoking the Setup menu provided access to scripts which prompted you to enter configuration information, such as a TCP/IP address during network configuration (netsetup). These scripts enabled you to set up subsystems -- networking, printers, and mail, add user accounts, install Product Authorization Keys (PAKs), and so on. If you require the original scripts to support your site-specific setup procedures, you can install the scripts as described in the rele- vant reference page for a script. Refer to the Installation Guide For information on installing the OSRETIREDxxx subsets. Using Quick Setup If your system has graphics capabilities, the preferred method to perform system setup is through the Custom Setup Checklist as follows: After a full installation, the Quick Setup interface is displayed automatically. Quick Setup is a step-by-step procedure that prompts you for the basic information required to configure your system for use. This option is particularly convenient and fast for a desktop system, and for users who are not very experienced in configuring systems. Note that Quick Setup is primarily used to configure the network and related subsystems. You may also need to manually configure other subsystems or add options later. (For example, If your system is a client in a client-server environment, you may need to re-run certain applications later to add alternative host servers.) To do this, you use the Custom Setup described in the next section. At any other time after installation, the Custom Setup Checklist is provided for ini- tial configuration or modification of a subsystem. You can still opt for an automated Quick Setup, or choose Custom Setup for larger system configurations or specific site requirements. Custom Setup allows you to select applications from the checklist by clicking on the corre- sponding icon. When you choose an application, the appropriate application from the Custom Setup menu will be invoked. To invoke the Custom Setup Checklist from the command line, enter /usr/sbin/checklist. Note that online help is available when using the interfaces, and you should refer to the appropriate user guides in the documentation set for additional information. EXAMPLES
This example invokes the Setup menu from the root system prompt: # /usr/sbin/setup A menu similar to the following is displayed: Tru64 UNIX: Custom Setup Tru64 UNIX Custom Setup helps you set up your system. Quick Setup leads you through a set of steps to set up a typical UNIX system. This includes networking, user services, time services, printers, and other basics. Custom Setup examines your system and lists the relevant tasks for configuring your computer. These tasks are listed in the order most fre- quently performed You can run Quick Setup to get a basic configuration and then use Custom Setup for any atypical configuration settings. 1) Quick Setup 2) Custom Setup 3) Exit Please enter your selection: If you select Quick Setup, an Initializing message is displayed for several seconds, followed by the first prompt screen: Tru64 UNIX: Quick Setup Quick Setup helps you set up a typical UNIX system. It leads you step by step through the following common tasks: ****************************************************************************** Step 1: Enter basic license information Step 2: Set up the system's Network Interface Card (NIC) Step 3: Set up static network routing Step 4: Specify a Domain Name Service (DNS/BIND) server Step 5: Specify a Network Time Protocol (NTP) server Step 6: Specify a Network Information Service (NIS) server Step 7: Set up Network File System (NFS) services Step 8: Specify an E-Mail server Step 9: Specify a default printer and its server ****************************************************************************** You can skip any step. No action is performed until you review and approve a summary of the setup at the end of Quick Setup. Click on "Details..." to see the information Quick Setup requests. Click on "Next >" to start setting up this system. ================ <CTRL-G> FOR KEYBOARD HELP ================== [Next >] Details... Cancel Help If you select Custom Setup, a menu similar to the following is displayed: Tru64 UNIX: Custom Setup Use the following menu to set up your system and network. When you select an item, you will be asked a series of questions. For more information about the items on the menu and the questions you must answer, see the System Administration and Network Administra- tion guides. 1) License Manager 10) UUCP Configuration 2) Network Configuration Step by Step 11) Printer Configuration 3) NIS Configuration 12) Security Configuration 4) NFS Configuration 13) Security Auditing Configuration 5) NTP Configuration 14) DOP Configuration 6) PPP Configuration 15) Prestoserve I/O Acceleration Confi 7) SLIP Information 16) GUI Selection 8) Account Manager 17) Exit 9) LAT Configuration SEE ALSO
Commands: adduser(8), bindsetup(8), lmfsetup(8), lprsetup(8), netsetup(8), nfssetup(8), nissetup(8), ntpsetup(8), siainit(8), strsetup(8), uucpsetup(8), netconfig(8), bindconfig(8), nfsconfig(8), dxlicenses(8), mailconfig(8), printconfig(8), dxaccounts(8), sysman(8), sys- man_clone(8), and sysman_intro(8) Installation Guide Network Administration System Administration Software License Management setup(8)