Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problems with Embedded IF-else Post 302260082 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 19th of November 2008 04:09:55 PM
Old 11-19-2008
Code:
if [[ -s results1.tmp && -s results2.tmp ]]
then
    /bin/mail -s "Illegal Loggon Attempts on MAIL" sysadmin@ghf.com < final_email.tmp
elif [[ -s results1.tmp ]]
then
    /bin/mail -s "Illegal Loggon Attempts on MAIL" sysadmin@ghf.com < email.tmp
elif [[ -s results2.tmp ]]
then
    /bin/mail -s "Illegal Loggon Attempts on MAIL" sysadmin@ghf.com < email1.tmp
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Embedded programming

Anyone know any good sources (books, urls, etc) for learning embedded programming, for example with Tornado from Wind River? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TioTony
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Embedded list? Is this possible

I need to write a script that maintains many directories. I was wondering is there is a way to create a list of the directories inside a script so that you can then use “while read line” to perform different commands for each directory. Something like this #!/bin/sh MYLIST: /dir1 /dir2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zasxes
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Embedded SQL in AWK script

Hi All, Can I use AWK script to read data from Oracle table (some embedded SQL perhaps) The reason for this that I have a data file and I need to do some basic validations of the data in the file with some statistical figures related to the data file that I have stored in a Oracle table. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2nilotpal
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep embedded in a variable

Hi , well at the beginning i simply type : cat file.1|grep 'update process' but for looping and table needs , i wanted to do the following : var1="grep 'update process'" cat file1|"var1" and i got error : grep: can't open update grep: can't open process when it works if i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escaping embedded variables

I'm running into a problem with a differential backup script written in GNU Bash 3.0 - the following stripped down code demonstrates the problem quite nicely. $ DATE="last tuesday" $ date --date="$DATE" Tue Jan 6 00:00:00 PST 2009 So far so good. $ CMD="date --date=\"$DATE\"" $... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
6 Replies

6. Linux

UNIX scripts on embedded uC

hi all, i am new to this..i have some bash scripts that i would like to run on a microcontroller.. do i have to load a Linux/UNIX OS first? how do I do this? are there any good links to read about this? any help appreciated.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

wget with embedded username/password

Hi, I am encoding the username and password to the url and use it with wget. I.e wget ftp://username:password@myserver.com/test.mp3 However this does not work if the password contains @ character. if the password contains @, then the encoded url becomes wget... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learn more
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Embedded systems

Hi, I dont know whether it is the right space to put it... but didnt found related Embedded. I want to start learning Embedded systems in Unix, It would be greatly appreciable if someone could help me to start off .... Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deei
0 Replies

9. Programming

Static in Qt c++ Embedded Python

i have a problem in Use static variables in Qt C++ under CentOS 5.5 i need to pass a variable from GUI to class all function are static. it always give me that error error: undefined reference to strChar class QPython : public QObject { private: public: QString strChar; static PuObject*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HanyM.Magdy
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with removing embedded linefeeds

Greetings all, i have csv file with pipe separated columns SSN|NAME|ADDRESS|FILLER 123|abc|myaddress|xxx 234|BBB|my add ress broken up|yyy In the example above, the second record is broken into multiple lines. I need to keep going until I find a "|" since this issue is with the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: stayalive
14 Replies
MAIL(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   MAIL(1)

NAME
mail - send or receive mail among users SYNOPSIS
mail person ... mail [ -r ] [ -q ] [ -p ] [ -f file ] DESCRIPTION
Mail with no argument prints a user's mail, message-by-message, in last-in, first-out order; the optional argument -r causes first-in, first-out order. If the -p flag is given, the mail is printed with no questions asked; otherwise, for each message, mail reads a line from the standard input to direct disposition of the message. newline Go on to next message. d Delete message and go on to the next. p Print message again. - Go back to previous message. s [ file ] ... Save the message in the named files (`mbox' default). w [ file ] ... Save the message, without a header, in the named files (`mbox' default). m [ person ] ... Mail the message to the named persons (yourself is default). EOT (control-D) Put unexamined mail back in the mailbox and stop. q Same as EOT. x Exit, without changing the mailbox file. !command Escape to the Shell to do command. ? Print a command summary. An interrupt stops the printing of the current letter. The optional argument -q causes mail to exit after interrupts without changing the mailbox. When persons are named, mail takes the standard input up to an end-of-file (or a line with just `.') and adds it to each person's `mail' file. The message is preceded by the sender's name and a postmark. Lines that look like postmarks are prepended with `>'. A person is usually a user name recognized by login(1). To denote a recipient on a remote system, prefix person by the system name and exclamation mark (see uucp(1)). The -f option causes the named file, e.g. `mbox', to be printed as if it were the mail file. Each user owns his own mailbox, which is by default generally readable but not writable. The command does not delete an empty mailbox nor change its mode, so a user may make it unreadable if desired. When a user logs in he is informed of the presence of mail. FILES
/usr/spool/mail/* mailboxes /etc/passwd to identify sender and locate persons mbox saved mail /tmp/ma* temp file dead.letter unmailable text uux(1) SEE ALSO
xsend(1), write(1), uucp(1) BUGS
There is a locking mechanism intended to prevent two senders from accessing the same mailbox, but it is not perfect and races are possible. MAIL(1)