Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 name resolution question Post 302259069 by pzxkys on Monday 17th of November 2008 06:52:55 AM
Old 11-17-2008
Sumitpandya:
hosts: files nis [SUCCESS=continue] dns

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 2.6 question

How do I define a default gateway on a Solaris 2.6 Server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jskillet
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Resolution..??

When i start my pc after the installation of suse linux it ask me for resolution but not for graphical interface, for console, can i run a command to change it again? Thanx! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux_fan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10 Desktop resolution

I have a problem with solaris 10 desktop resolution. My resolution is 1680x1050. I want to boot in troubleshooting mode to change this resolution for the root user. Or all users. What is the configuration script. ex: .dtconfig/Xconfig (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simquest
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Someone's got to know... Screen resolution question.

Hi all, Someone please help, I have a machine running Sun Solaris 5.8. X used to run fine, not it can't start. (possible user intervention) It looks to be trying to run at 1280x1024. I don't think the hardware will support it, it seems high. Anyways, how from the commandline, via ssh, can I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
4 Replies

5. IP Networking

Name Resolution between Solaris and Windows

Hello. I have been working on an issue I hope someone can help me out with. I have a small network with an NT4 Server, 15 Win2K PC, and four Unix workstations. I am having problems resolving the name of one of the workstations from the server and PC's. I am attacking this issue from both... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: medmonson
4 Replies

6. Solaris

screen resolution

how to change screen resolution in CDE prompt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Screen Resolution problem on Ultra 10 with Solaris 10

Hi, I have a Sun Ultra 10 (SPARC) with Solaris 10 installed. The screen resolution is very poor and grainy which I have been unable to rectify. Every time I try to set the resolution I get the following: 'The XServer does not support the XRandR extension. Runtime resolution changes to the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patcom
5 Replies

8. Solaris

A Solaris Question

hi.. I have a question because there are files on Solaris and will not let me change the root user is the owner. excuse is that I come from a Linux environment and I like to learn Solaris thank (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cejodrake
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Question with Solaris Crash Analysis Tool with Solaris 9

Hello all. I am new hear and would like to ask a question regarding to the Solaris Crash Analysis Tool. We are analyzing the results of "thread summary" but not quite sure what the asterisk represents. Following are the items that asterisk were attached. 50* threads sleeping on a semaphore (49... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: YuW
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Changing dpi screen resolution in Solaris 10.

Hi, everyone! I would like to try OpenStep for Solaris on my Sun Ultra 10 machine, so I installed all required packages, the problem is that OpenStep requires screen DPI to be set to 72x72 while my current dpi is 90x90. So how do I change the dpi? Thank you! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nongrato
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)