Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Which modules get installed with modules_install Post 302258233 by otheus on Friday 14th of November 2008 05:23:48 AM
Old 11-14-2008
Right. It's getting made but not installed. The xen compilation "build world" process is handling this.

I tried starting from scratch, but then "build world" resulted in "cannot find stdarg.h". The compilation line has --nostdinc, so I don't know WTF is going on.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/modules/conf

RedHat 7.1 I get /etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/2.4.2-2/modules.dep This is currently running on a Dell Latitude CPi Laptop. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jblank1234
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compilng Modules

Hi all Can anyone tell me if it is possible to compile modules individually without having to recompile the whole kernel? I have recently compiled a new kernel but forgot to compile in lp.o which would allow me to print. I can see lp.c in /usr/src/linux/kernel/drivers/char sometimes in these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: silvaman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

modules under bsd

Hello I know that I can load or unload kernel modules (/sbin/modload or /sbin/modunload) but how can I check what of modules are now loaded to my kernel? I heard that I can do it by /sbin/modstat but I haven't file like this in my system... Please help me. Have a nice day (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgas
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to check for installed Perl modules on solaris?

Is there a quick way to check for installed perl modules on a solaris server? I found using perl -e "use Crypt::DES" will work for checking one package at a time. I was wondering if there was anything else out there? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsandova
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which modules are installed for APACHE?

Is there some way I can tell which modules I have installed for APACHE? Would it be in httpd.conf? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

6. AIX

OS Patches installed but they seem as not installed

Hello everyone: I've installed an OS patch into AIX 6.1 by running the following command: instfix -d /tmp/6100-02-03 -k "IZ41855" however it seem not installed instfix -i -k "IZ41855" There was no data for IZ41855 in the fix database. what am I doing wrong? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

Trouble with installed / not installed rpm unixODBC/libodbc.so.1

Hey there, i run 1: on my server (RHEL 6) and getting response that the libodbc is not installed. If i use yum for installation, it tells me, there is no package like this ( 2: ). Since in the description of Definiens is mentioned that the Run-time dependency is unixODBC (libodbc.so.1), I assume... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkirsten
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create custom modules in perl and how to import all modules with single command?

I have some custom functions which i want to use in perl Scripting all time. i want to How to create modules in perl and how to import them. Also if i create 15 modules and i want to > import all at once then how can i import? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get result from both of these modules?

Hallo All unix Guru's I have written a small (static) pl/sql function which is inserting data into database. It is as follows: sqlplus $CONNECT <<-EOF DECLARE Counter integer :=1; BEGIN WHILE Counter <= ${no_of_files} LOOP INSERT INTO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluemind2005
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies
SUBDOMAIN.CONF(5)						     AppArmor							 SUBDOMAIN.CONF(5)

NAME
/etc/apparmor/subdomain.conf - configuration file for fine-tuning the behavior of the AppArmor security tool. DESCRIPTION
The AppArmor security tool can be configured to have certain default behaviors based on configuration options set in subdomain.conf. There are two variables that can be set in subdomain.conf: SUBDOMAIN_PATH, and SUBDOMAIN_MODULE_PANIC. SUBDOMAIN_PATH This variable accepts a string (path), and is by default set to '/etc/apparmor.d/' This variable defines where the AppArmor security tool looks for its policy definitions (a.k.a. AppArmor profiles). SUBDOMAIN_MODULE_PANIC This variable accepts a string that is one of four values: warn, build, panic, or build-panic, and is set by default to warn. This setting controls the behavior of the AppArmor initscript if it cannot successfully load the AppArmor kernel module on startup. The four possible settings are: warn Log a failure message (the default behavior). build Attempt to build the AppArmor module against the currently running kernel. If the compilation is successful, the module will be loaded and AppArmor started; if the compilation fails, a failure message is logged. panic Log a failure message and drop to runlevel 1 (single user). build-panic Attempt to build the module against the running kernel (like build) and if the compilation fails, drop to runlevel 1 (single user). BUGS
Setting the initscript to recompile the module will fail on SUSE, as the module source is no longer installed by default. However, the module has been included with the SUSE kernel, so no rebuilding should be necessary. If you find any additional bugs, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), apparmor_parser(8), and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.0~beta1 2010-12-20 SUBDOMAIN.CONF(5)