Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to parse the listing (ls -ltr) Post 302257720 by MuthuAlagappan on Wednesday 12th of November 2008 11:57:59 PM
Old 11-13-2008
How to parse the listing (ls -ltr)

Hi,

I need to parse the listing (ls -ltr) in a given directory and get a particular value to see the success or failure. e.g
drwxr-xr-x 5 sensr vpnuser 512 Nov 7 07:46 disc_001811. Here i need to take the value 5 which is after drwxr-xr-x . how to so the same in shell scripting.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive directory listing without listing files

Does any one know how to get a recursive directory listing in long format (showing owner, group, permission etc) without listing the files contained in the directories. The following command also shows the files but I only want to see the directories. ls -lrtR * (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psingh
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what does the ls -ltr command list

Hi, THe following is the output when i run the command ls -ltr can anyone explain the meaning of the field in red -rw-r----- 3 orca orca 20924 Sep 08 19:21 BTL027SASI.gnt -rw-r----- 3 orca orca 20924 Sep 08 19:21 BTL027RITD.gnt -rw-r----- 3 orca orca ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjita.c
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ls -ltr, TIME DETAILS ??

when I write the command ls -ltr it shows the detail of the files. Like -rwxrwxrwx 1 mqsiadm mqbrkrs 0 Aug 29 14:03 dspmq_temp -rwxrwxrwx 1 mqsiadm mqbrkrs 666 Aug 30 06:12 dspmq_script In this,DATE TIME is shown, Now the question is : how can I see the all the times... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls -ltr help

i have to list some file with certain exemption suppose for example i have two files file1.log.1 file1.log.1.123 i want ls -ltr command to list only 1st type of files so i want like this ls -ltr *.log.*---------it should grep 1st kind of files but this command greps all the files... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls -ltr command On Remote server

I am writing a script where in i have to log into a remote machine and check for necessary file by typing (ls -ltr *200505) (this gets all 05month of 2008 yr files) and if files are found get them to the local machine. If not found print a message saying no files on local machine. When i was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
2 Replies

6. Solaris

using ls -ltr : display only last four file names

Hi , Server details – Machine hardware: sun4u OS version: 5.9 Processor type: sparc Hardware: SUNW,Sun-Fire-880 When I put ls –ltr command I get – /users/testuser> ls -ltr -rw-rw-r-- 1 testuser dba 76 Jan 13 2009 ftp.scr -rwxr-xr-x 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulbahulekar
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to run ls -ltr

Hi , Whenever i try to execute ls with l as an option the system hangs. The workload on server is not more than 1. What could be the reason . Normal ls works fine but ls -l causes the system to hang. This is happening when i m in /usr/local/sbin directory. I can see that the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to remove listing of current user cmd from ps -ef listing?

Hi All, Could you please help to resolve my following issues: Problem Description: Suppose my user name is "MI90". i.e. $USER = MI90 when i run below command, i get all the processes running on the system containing name MQ. ps -ef | grep MQ But sometimes it lists... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ls -ltr in scripting

Hi All, I wrote below script for i in `ls` do echo "list of files $i" done but i want display as like ls -ltr,it's displaying as one column Thanks (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have two commands “ls -h” and “ls -ltr”. How do i make sure “ls -ltr” is run after “ls -h” is suc

help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
2 Replies
ISCSI-INITIATOR(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					ISCSI-INITIATOR(8)

NAME
iscsi-initiator -- refuse-based iSCSI initiator SYNOPSIS
iscsi-initiator [-46bcDfVv] [-a authentication-type] [-d digest-type] [-h target-hostname] [-p target-port-number] [-t target-number] [-u username] mount_point DESCRIPTION
The iscsi-initiator utility can be used to access an iSCSI target, such as iscsi-target(8), to access block storage which has been exported. Information pertaining to the target is displayed underneath the mount point, along with the device corresponding to the storage which the target exports. The various arguments are as follows: -4 Use an IPv4 connection to the target. -6 Use an IPv6 connection to the target. -a authentication-type Use the specified authentication type when communicating with the target. The possible values are chap, kerberos, srp or none. The default value is none. -b Show the storage as a block device. -c Show the storage as a character device. -d digest-type Use the specified digest type when communicating with the target. The possible values are header, data, both, all or none. The default value is none. -D List the LUNs on the specified target and exit (i.e. do discovery only) -f Show the storage as a regular file. -h hostname Connect to the iSCSI target running on the host specified as the argument. -p port-number Connect to the iSCSI target running on the port specified as the argument. The default value is 3260. -t target Connect to the number of the iSCSI target running as the argument. -u username Use the specified user's credentials when logging in to the iSCSI target. There is no default. -V Print out the version number and then exit. -v Be verbose in operation. The refuse(3) library is used to provide the file system features. The mandatory parameter is the local mount point. This iSCSI initiator presents a view of the targets underneath the mount point. Firstly, it creates a directory tree with the hostname of the target, and, in that directory, a virtual directory is created for each target name exported by the iSCSI target program. Within that virtual target directory, symbolic links exist for the hostname (for convenience), a textual representation of the IP address, the iSCSI tar- get product name, the iSCSI target IQN, the iSCSI target vendor and version number. One other directory entry is presented in the virtual target directory, relating to the storage presented by the iSCSI target. This can be in the form of a regular file, which is also the default, a block device or a character device. Please note that the iscsi-initiator utility needs the ``puffs'' kernel module loaded via modload(8) to operate. EXAMPLES
# ./iscsi-initiator -u agc -h iscsi-target0.alistaircrooks.co.uk /mnt # ls -al /mnt/target0 total 576 drwxr-xr-x 2 agc agc 512 May 11 22:24 . drwxr-xr-x 2 agc agc 512 May 11 22:24 .. lrw-r--r-- 1 agc agc 39 May 11 22:24 hostname -> iscsi-target0.alistaircrooks.co.uk lrw-r--r-- 1 agc agc 14 May 11 22:24 ip -> 172.16.135.130 lrw-r--r-- 1 agc agc 16 May 11 22:24 product -> NetBSD iSCSI -rw-r--r-- 1 agc agc 104857600 May 11 22:24 storage lrw-r--r-- 1 agc agc 43 May 11 22:24 targetname -> iqn.1994-04.org.netbsd.iscsi-target:target0 lrw-r--r-- 1 agc agc 8 May 11 22:24 vendor -> NetBSD lrw-r--r-- 1 agc agc 4 May 11 22:24 version -> 0 # SEE ALSO
puffs(3), refuse(3), iscsi-target(8) HISTORY
The iscsi-initiator utility first appeared in NetBSD 6.0. An earlier version called iscsifs was available in NetBSD 5.0 in source format only. AUTHORS
The iscsi-initiator utility was written by Alistair Crooks <agc@NetBSD.org>. BUGS
iscsi-initiator currently only supports a CHAP challenge length of 16 octets. Other initiators support up to 1024 and thus it is expected that most targets will also support such lengths. This means that CHAP compatibility with other targets apart from iscsi-target(8) is likely to be poor. To workaround this, please use authentication type none by not specifying a username with the -u option. BSD
February 22, 2011 BSD