Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cdrom test fail
Operating Systems Solaris cdrom test fail Post 302257719 by asimple on Wednesday 12th of November 2008 11:55:46 PM
Old 11-13-2008
So you can't login and you can't use the cdrom... try boot from network or take the HD out and plug into other box to fix the shell issue.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

fail on comparison

Hi Am having 2 files. I have one data file. before inserting in to the table am taking cout of the data file and store as data 1. After insert in to the table and am taking the count from the table and store as data2. If i try to compare those values If then echo "data match"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

4. AIX

en0 fail to up.

This is a LPAR that i created earlier. I want to set an IP address to en0 but it failed. Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. en0 devdbm01 inet0 changed Method error (/usr/lib/methods/chgif): ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wingcross
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why does my test fail ??

Hello, I am stuck... i dunno why does my test fail... any idea ? #!/bin/bash dos2unix info.txt Distor=Distributeur LINE=$(cat info.txt | sed -n 1p) echo $LINE echo $Distor echo "" echo "123-$LINE-123" echo "123-$Distor-123" if ; then LINE2=$(cat info.txt | sed -n 2p) echo $Distor... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: patx
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefixing test case methods with letter 'test'

Hi, I have a Python unit test cases source code file which contains more than a hundred test case methods. In that, some of the test case methods already have prefix 'test' where as some of them do not have. Now, I need to add the string 'test' (case-sensitive) as a prefix to those of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies
CHSH(1) 							   User Commands							   CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 CHSH(1)