Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting error while using export command Post 302256947 by Amit.Sagpariya on Tuesday 11th of November 2008 12:37:37 AM
Old 11-11-2008
error while using export command

Hi All,

In my script i am using data from oracle table for validation.

Code:

#!/bin/sh
export UID=dun_ind
export PWD=`getID dun_ind`
fed_ctrl=`sqlplus -s $UID/$PWD@lms  <<END
 set feedback off;
 set heading off;
select sta from controls where sta = 'ABC';
 EXIT;
 END`
 echo $fed_ctrl

initially i have written username & pwd hard-coded. But now i need to export it & has to use it.

I have used export command. But not able to get it. Can someone help me where i am making mistake.

the error is UID=dun_ind: is not an identifier

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using export command

I saw a unix shell script in which export command is used like this : export filename what is a file exported for ? thanks srini (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

export command

Is there any difference between these 2 commands :- export var="a" and var="a" export var (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika03
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Export command

Hi all, Want to know what does export command do?? What is its functionality? And on a shell prompt $at=1 $ echo $at 1 The variable above is it available to other script??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash.kudreka
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ExporT Command Not found

Hi All I am getting and error export command not found What can be the possible reasons for this and how do we verify those Please help me Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: networking
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export Command

Hello All, I am transferring a file from one server to another server. File name is stored as Wip_DD-MM-YY .i.e if we run the program today the file is stored as Wip_18-FEB-09.txt. This file i need to transfer. My question is how do we assign the this filename to a variable. i treid in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chpraveen_862
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with export command

hello all, I know this is a silly question but i have no answer. I have a shell script temp.ksh export value="mynh" echo $value but when i execute the temp.ksh "mynh" is printed but when i give echo $value in the shell after the program is executed, nothing is printed. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anijan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for export command

Hi, I need help for using export command. Lets consider there are 2 servers ie. A & B. I am running one script on server A which calls another script on server B using remsh command. There is one variable in the script on server B which do not gets evaluated and ultimately i get the error. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_shah06
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to export a command ?

Hi The command "ssh -V" works as normal user but fails as root. As Normal user: bash-3.00$ ssh -V OpenSSH_5.9p1, OpenSSL 1.0.0e 6 Sep 2011As Root user: # ssh -V bash: ssh: command not found Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frintocf
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

When i am trying to execute export command within a shell script it is saying command not found.

I am running the export command within a view to use that value inside my build script. But while executing it it is saying "export command not found" My code is as follows: -------------------------- #!/bin/sh user="test" DIR="/bldtmp/"$user VIEW="test.view1" echo "TMPDIR before export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
4 Replies
root_archive(1M)					  System Administration Commands					  root_archive(1M)

NAME
root_archive - manage bootable miniroot archives SYNOPSIS
/boot/solaris/bin/root_archive pack archive root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive unpack archive root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive packmedia solaris_image root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive unpackmedia solaris_image root DESCRIPTION
The root_archive utility is used to manage bootable miniroot archives and is currently only available on x86 platforms. The utility can pack and unpack boot/root archives in both ufs and hsfs (iso9660) format. It will always generate ufs archives. root_archive also uses the lofi file driver to export a file as a block device (see lofi(7D)) and mount to mount or unmount file systems and remote resources (see mount(1M)). root_archive requires the same privileges that are needed to run these commands. SUBCOMMANDS
The root_archive command has the following subcommands: pack archive root Pack from the image found under the root directory to the archive. unpack archive root Unpack from the archive to an unpacked image under the root directory. packmedia solaris_image root Pack the solaris image to the root directory. unpackmedia solaris_image root Unpack the solaris image from the root directory. For packmedia and unpackmedia, other items that do not go into the ramdisk image are copied or uncopied (see cpio(1)) as well. Specifi- cally, this includes all the packaging databases needed for pkgadd and the other packaging utilities to succeed which are not used in the running and hence pruned to conserve memory. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Unpacking the Solaris x86 install image The following command unpacks the current Solaris image from the root directory: # root_archive unpackmedia /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest /export/Boot Where /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest represents a path to a Solaris x86 install image and /export/Boot is a directory that will be purged or created, as necessary. Example 2 Packing the Solaris x86 install image The following command packs the current Solaris image to the root directory: # root_archive packmedia /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest /export/Boot EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The command completed successfully. 1 The command exited due to an error. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cpio(1), bootadm(1M), mount(1M), attributes(5), lofi(7D) SunOS 5.11 26 Sep 2005 root_archive(1M)