Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: USER login problem
Operating Systems Linux USER login problem Post 302256491 by daya.pandit on Monday 10th of November 2008 01:13:38 AM
Old 11-10-2008
USER login problem

Hi All

I am facing a login issue actually on my local machine users are not suppose to login with there respective prompt on the machine.
Access deneid

Code:
login as: daya
Sent username "daya"
daya@10.10.0.3's password:
Access denied
daya@192.168.0.83's password:

and even i am not suppose to do su command the su error is :
[CODE][root@kickstart-server ~]# su marc
su: incorrect password
[root@kickstart-server ~]#
[CODE]

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

CDE login Problem for root user only

Hi All, I m facing a problem that, i m not able to login as root user on cde on hp-ux 11.00, i can login as root on commond line as well as telnet. Thanks in Advance for help. Regards, Awadhesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I create user but i cant login the user i created.

I created a user, i login as a root. I add him in the group where he can access and login as a root! I checked it in users' list and in group's list, he is there. My problem is this, I cant login using the username/account I just created! What should i do to use and login the user/account i've just... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome
5 Replies

3. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

4. Solaris

error message rmclomv ... SC Login Failure for user Please login:

Hello World ~ HW : SUN Fire V240 OS : Solaris 8 Error message prompts 'rmclomv ... SC login failure ...' on terminal. and Error Message prompts continually 'SC Login Failure for user Please login:' on Single Mode(init S) The System is in normal operation, though In case of rain, Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User login problem

Dear All, Plz help in unixware 7x only root user login & other user not login . message giving permission denied (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix user with root power problem in to login in putty

Hello, I created a user in my AIX 5.3 system and i modified /etc/passwd file in and assigned this user the uid=0 like root user. The problem is that when this user log into the system through putty it asks for root password instead of the user password. As a result of this, if i reset the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Login as another user through Shell script from current user[Not Root]

Hi Every body, I would need a shell script program to login as different user and perform some copy commands in the script. example: Supppose ora_toms is the active user ora_toms should be able to run a script where user: ftptomsp pass: XXX should login through and run the commands ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ujjwal27
9 Replies

8. AIX

User Account Login Login on your AIX server

I want to learn AIX. I would like to find someone who would be willing to give me a login to their AIX home lab server. My intent is to poke around and discover the similarities and differences of AIX compared to other *NIXs. I am a UNIX admin so I can think of what some immediate concerns may... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perl_in_my_shel
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Login into another user from user inside script

now i have logged in username : ramesh in unix Now i have to created script file to login into another user and have run a command inside that user and after executing the command i have to exit from that user. Inside script, i have to login into su - ram along with password : haihow and have to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammm
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ssh public/private key user login problem

I have a user account configuration with ssh public/private key that works on multiple servers centos and rhel. One server (Server F) that is not working in centos 6.8. When i ssh into server f I get prompted for a password. I have verified the config and it all is good. I put sshd into debug... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
8 Replies
LOGIN(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  LOGIN(8)

NAME
login.krb5 - kerberos enhanced login program SYNOPSIS
login.krb5 [-p] [-fFe username] [-r | -k | -K | -h hostname] DESCRIPTION
login.krb5 is a modification of the BSD login program which is used for two functions. It is the sub-process used by krlogind and telnetd to initiate a user session and it is a replacement for the command-line login program which, when invoked with a password, acquires Ker- beros tickets for the user. login.krb5 will prompt for a username, or take one on the command line, as login.krb5 username and will then prompt for a password. This password will be used to acquire Kerberos Version 5 tickets (if possible.) It will also attempt to run aklog to get AFS tokens for the user. The version 5 tickets will be tested against a local krb5.keytab if it is available, in order to verify the tickets, before letting the user in. However, if the password matches the entry in /etc/passwd the user will be unconditionally allowed (permitting use of the machine in case of network failure.) OPTIONS
-p preserve the current environment -r hostname pass hostname to rlogind. Must be the last argument. -h hostname pass hostname to telnetd, etc. Must be the last argument. -f name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -F name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -e name Perform pre-authenticated, encrypted login. Must do term negotiation. CONFIGURATION
login.krb5 is also configured via krb5.conf using the login stanza. A collection of options dealing with initial authentication are pro- vided: krb5_get_tickets Use password to get V5 tickets. Default value true. krb_run_aklog Attempt to run aklog. Default value false. aklog_path Where to find it [not yet implemented.] Default value $(prefix)/bin/aklog. accept_passwd Don't accept plaintext passwords [not yet implemented]. Default value false. DIAGNOSTICS
All diagnostic messages are returned on the connection or tty associated with stderr. SEE ALSO
rlogind(8), rlogin(1), telnetd(8) LOGIN(8)