Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to raise the alarm in the log File Post 302254675 by akhtar.bhat on Wednesday 5th of November 2008 12:51:40 AM
Old 11-05-2008
Hi Zaxxon,

Thanks for the help, I did it
bye

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

[Problem] raise a signal in FreeBSD

I am trying to send a SIGUSR1 to a set of process. Please tell me how to do. I've tried the system call raise(int sig) but it just raise a signal of to the 'current process.' My program is about a network chat server. When a client connects in, The main process will fork a new process... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Namely
1 Replies

2. AIX

File Accessed Alarm ??

Hey, I want to ask a simple Question.... How would I be able to come to know that files/directoires in a Parent directory has been accessed (means contents of the file has been just viewed) by the user(s) in a group ? and mail the name(s) of those files/directories which has been accessed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varungupta
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Accessed Alarm ??

Hey, I want to ask a simple Question.... How would I be able to come to know that files/directoires in a Parent directory has been accessed (means contents of the file has been just viewed) by the user(s) in a group ? and mail the name(s) of those files/directories which has been accessed... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

If any file resides for more than an hour in this directory then to raise an alert

Hi If there is a file upload done from a remote server and if the file remains without being extracted for more than an hour, I need to identify the files and create an alert message to the users in the other end. please help me writing a shell script for it. Regards Yazhini (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yazhini.t
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

raise an alarm in Unix

Hi members, I am working in WebSphere in Unix environment. we are working with 500 odd servers and most of the times processes got down. Can i have any shell script through whih some popup with alarm get raised whenever some server get down. kindly help.. Thanks Rishi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rishi.madan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to raise a integer by a exponent (while loop)

I am trying to write a script that raises a integer (m) by a exponent (n) using a while loop ex. 5 raised to the power of 2 .. I am a beginner and i dont know what is the opperand or command i have to use to make this happen..this is what i have so far... echo "Enter a integer for the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jibz
3 Replies

7. Solaris

How to log an alarm with a specific message ID on Solaris

Hi gurus, I was wondering if it's possible to log an alarm using logger to hardcode the alarm with a specific message id? For example: Apr 27 13:43:55 testhost sendmail: I would want to change the ID to something else, as shown below: Apr 27 13:43:55 testhost sendmail: 100421... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilberteu
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alarm clock error while executing the script

I am executing perl script on Linux machine and the script is running for the last 5 hours and while running the script I had an error message in a single line Alarm Clock and the script got stopped. I havnt scheduled the script.I have executed the script manually. There is no syntax errors in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find the wrong filename in a path and raise a trap for it

Example: I have server name A with an IP : 125.252.235.455 I have an username /password to login into this server under SSH connection In this server i have a path /apps/user/filename(Big.txt) Everyday we used to get the filename as Big.txt. I want a shell script to monitor this path... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChandruBala73
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Calculate e raise to the power in awk | UNIX

Input data: I'd like to calculate using value in second column. The value needs to be created using a formula, that employs exp (that is e raise to the power). awk '{ if(FNR==1){ ##if first line than print as is and add third column print $0,"weight" } else{ if($2<=0.01){... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: genome
2 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-c COMMAND] [-e] [-f] [-q] [-t] [file] DESCRIPTION
Script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c COMMAND Run the COMMAND rather than an interactive shell. This makes it easy for a script to capture the output of a program that behaves differently when its stdout is not a tty. -e Return the exit code of the child process. Uses the same format as bash termination on signal termination exit code is 128+n. -f Flush output after each write. This is nice for telecooperation: One person does `mkfifo foo; script -f foo' and another can super- vise real-time what is being done using `cat foo'. -q Be quiet. -t Output timing data to standard error. This data contains two fields, separated by a space. The first field indicates how much time elapsed since the previous output. The second field indicates how many characters were output this time. This information can be used to replay typescripts with realistic typing and output delays. The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. Script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism), scriptreplay(1). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
Script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. AVAILABILITY
The script command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. Linux July 30, 2000 Linux