Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with SCP parellel processing Post 302254320 by scorpio on Tuesday 4th of November 2008 06:26:46 AM
Old 11-04-2008
Problem with SCP parellel processing

Hi All,

I am trying to take Bulk Log files from around 24 Remote servers using my shell script. I am using SCP for this. I need to take log files every 15 min, so I am thinking about the parallel processing mechanism in UNIX.The 24 remote machines username,servername reading from properties file. My code will look like this :

while read list
do
----
nohup scp $FRONTEND_USER@$FRONTEND_SERVER:/REMOTEDIR/LOG_FILENAME.* . &
----
done < listdatafile.properties
wait // wait command is using for all the 24 background process to finish before doing the next part of the script

The problem now i am facing is it is doing the first SCP and prompting for enter key to come out from SCP command..I can't press enter key every time because this process is a cronjob. Can anybody help me from this problem ? Any suggestions in the existing part also most welcome.

Thanks and Regards,
Scorpio

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp problem

I am using scp to get files from a Windows systemr to a Unix system. The ssh server is on Windows. The problem is that the file permissions for files that come from Windows are 700. Can any one help out with how I can set permissions to anything else? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp problem

Hi, I have problem using scp in an AIX machine, where I need to use full path to scp from /dirA but i dont have to from /dirB of the same machine. Below are some details & scp -v output (truncated). I've checked the permission & settings of both dir/FS are the same. Please help. scenario scp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juliehussin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with SCP

Hi, I want to copy a file from one system to other i done a SCP but it showing error as below .. Can we do it by SCP ? Is it possible ?.. What is the below mean ?. sys1@sys2's password: scp: .: not a regular file Thanks, Arun (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp problem

I have some problems using scp between a server Sun Solaris and a SecurePlatform Checkpoint. If I try to copy a simple file txt from the server Sun Solaris to the SecurePlatform, I have problems!!!!!!... server:/export/home/appmgt# scp 1.txt admin2@fwtest:~ lost connection ... if I try to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
5 Replies

5. SCO

adding a add on parellel port on S3000 chipset

Our new server is a HCL INFINITY GLOBAL LINE 1700AH ,intel xeon S3000 chipset.It has no onboard parellel port.The vendor is suggesting printing solution through serial port ,but ours is mostly printing work. I would like to know weather an addon parellel port can be added without conflict. OS is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikramviky
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in running two processes in parellel

I have a script something like this: #!/usr/bin/ksh CLASSPATH=/apps/opt/db2udb/admin/db2bdt/sqllib/java/db2java.zip:/apps/opt/db2udb/admin/db2bdt/sqllib/java/db2jcc.jar:/apps/opt/db2udb/admin/db2bdt/sqllib/function:$CLASSPATH export CLASSPATH ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss3944
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with ssh and scp

Hi there, I'm working with two linux servers and if I use ssh to connect from 1 to 2 everything works fine ( ..as usual:rolleyes:), while if I try to connect via ssh or to copy files through scp (as I usually do...) from 2 to 1, after the password I get this message: Connection closed by... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with SCP command

hi, I am successfully running following command from command prompt $ scp oracle@172.16.0.11:/back/crmemo.csv /sales/ but when i am running the same command from a script it copying '?' in sales (destination) folder. Following is the script #!/bin/sh scp... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: RIAZ
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

parellel execution of a sub script in mutilple hosts

Hi, I have a main script which will login to different machines one by one and execute the another script as input which will execute some commands after login to the machine. i used while loop and it executes it like ssh to a machine and running the sub script, then moving to the second... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Scp, problem, .bashrc

I have a problem with SCP, trying to use this solution in .bashrc: scp printed an error message: "Write failed flushing stdout buffer. write stdout: Broken pipe." or "packet too long". Your shell startup file (e.g., ~/.cshrc, ~/.bashrc), which is run when scp connects, might be writing a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
3 Replies
learn(1)						      General Commands Manual							  learn(1)

NAME
learn - Provides computer-aided instruction for the C shell SYNOPSIS
learn [-directory] [subject] [lesson] The learn command provides computer-aided instruction courses and practice in the use of Tru64 UNIX. OPTIONS
Allows you to exercise a script in a nonstandard place. DESCRIPTION
To get started, enter learn; if this is the first time that you are invoking the learn command, you are guided through a series of ques- tions to determine what type of instruction you want to receive. If you have used learn before and left your last session without completing a subject, the program uses information in $HOME/.learnrc to start you up in the same place you left off. To bypass questions, enter a subject or lesson. In order to enter a lesson, you must know the lesson number that you received in a previ- ous learn command session. If you do not know the lesson number, enter the lesson number as a subject. The learn command searches for the first lesson containing the subject you specified. If the lesson is a - (dash), learn prompts for each lesson; this is useful for debug- ging. You can specify the following subjects: files editor vi morefiles macros eqn C SUBCOMMANDS
There are a few special commands. The bye command terminates a learn session, and the where command tells you of your progress (where m tells you more.) The again command redisplays the text of the lesson and again lesson lets you review lesson. The hint command prints the last part of the lesson script used to evaluate a response, while hint m prints the entire lesson script. This is useful for debugging lessons and might possibly give you an idea about what is expected. EXAMPLES
To take the online lesson about files, enter: learn files You are then prompted for further input. FILES
Playpen directories. Start-up information. SEE ALSO
Commands: csh(1), ex(1) learn(1)