Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sol10 on primepower 850
Operating Systems Solaris Sol10 on primepower 850 Post 302251152 by incredible on Saturday 25th of October 2008 09:19:25 AM
Old 10-25-2008
Are you still having the issue? If not, how did you resolve that?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Horribly old stuff: SMS disks for IBM PC 850?

Hi. I'm trying to reinstall AIX 4.3.3 (ML9) on an IBM PC 850 PowerPC machine but I have trouble getting an SMS diskette that will let me set the CD as bootable. The SMS diskette I have is 1.26 and it either crashes or lists Hard Disk 0 some 20 + times (and nothing else) on the screen you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlundh
2 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

mysql on sol10 x86

i installed the x86 version (32-bit) of mysql community db. looks like the initial install of the pkg was good. however, i've got a few questions here. after the install, i run `/usr/local/mysql/scripts/mysql_install_db --user=mysql` to generate the db's and tables. it looks like a clean install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
0 Replies

3. AIX

Wanted: Thinkpad 800 systems (820, 850, 860, etc) (ppc 603e)

Hello everyone, I'm working on a for-fun project where I'm assembling a mass of various old computers, including a number of earlier UNIX workstations. They will be on display at a number of east coast conferences (HOPE, Shmoocon, etc). I'm trying to find a Thinkpad 860, 850, 820 or one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: telmnstr
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Cluster - Futjisu PrimePower 450

Hi all, Current i do a research for the Solaris cluster. THe purpose is to replace the Veritas. And i saw this link about the system requirement. Solaris Cluster - Tech Specs At here, I wish to double confirm that, is it Solaris Cluster not suitable for Futjisu PrimePower 450 ? Any idea or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
1 Replies

5. Hardware

primepower 650

Hi all, I have an access Fujitsu primepower 650 that I can play with, the problem is I think there is a hardware problem I need to resolve before I can use it. Tried reading the User manual about the error code and googling it, but no luck, anyone knows here how to troubleshoot one? Error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: teknix
2 Replies

6. Solaris

FTPD ls problem on Sol10

Hey guys, i'm pretty sure this is simple enough so i'll go quick. I must be missing something but can't pinpoint it. NOTE: Yes, i should be using proftpd but the architect team is a pain in the butt and it is not possible right now. Sol10 FTP server (zoned) MS vista ftp client. Login... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick72
1 Replies
CONSOLE(4)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							CONSOLE(4)

NAME
console - console terminal and virtual consoles DESCRIPTION
A Linux system has up to 63 virtual consoles (character devices with major number 4 and minor number 1 to 63), usually called /dev/ttyn with 1 <= n <= 63. The current console is also addressed by /dev/console or /dev/tty0, the character device with major number 4 and minor number 0. The device files /dev/* are usually created using the script MAKEDEV, or using mknod(1), usually with mode 0622 and owner root.tty. Before kernel version 1.1.54 the number of virtual consoles was compiled into the kernel (in tty.h: #define NR_CONSOLES 8) and could be changed by editing and recompiling. Since version 1.1.54 virtual consoles are created on the fly, as soon as they are needed. Common ways to start a process on a console are: (a) tell init(8) (in inittab(5)) to start a mingetty(8) (or agetty(8)) on the console; (b) ask openvt(1) to start a process on the console; (c) start X -- it will find the first unused console, and display its output there. (There is also the ancient doshell(8).) Common ways to switch consoles are: (a) use Alt+Fn or Ctrl+Alt+Fn to switch to console n; AltGr+Fn might bring you to console n+12 [here Alt and AltGr refer to the left and right Alt keys, respectively]; (b) use Alt+RightArrow or Alt+LeftArrow to cycle through the presently allocated consoles; (c) use the program chvt(1). (The key mapping is user settable, see loadkeys(1); the above mentioned key combinations are according to the default settings.) The command deallocvt(1) (formerly disalloc) will free the memory taken by the screen buffers for consoles that no longer have any associ- ated process. Properties Consoles carry a lot of state. I hope to document that some other time. The most important fact is that the consoles simulate vt100 ter- minals. In particular, a console is reset to the initial state by printing the two characters ESC c. All escape sequences can be found in console_codes(4). FILES
/dev/console /dev/tty* SEE ALSO
chvt(1), deallocvt(1), loadkeys(1), mknod(1), openvt(1), console_codes(4), console_ioctl(4), tty(4), ttyS(4), charsets(7), agetty(8), init(8), mapscrn(8), mingetty(8), resizecons(8), setfont(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 1994-10-31 CONSOLE(4)